Inquiry on Mitsubishi GTO, PLS HELP

patrickonghm

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
Hey guys, i currently own a dc2 and planning to sell off and currently looking for turbo awd, but i dont wanna get an evo or subaru, so planning to get a GTO, since its a 3.0 and all, maybe u guys can share about the transmission? 6-speed or 5-speed better? roadtax per-year? as in advise weather i should take the car or not? cause ive checked a few forums overseas regarding the gto but somehow i wanna know if its okay to get a gto in malaysia due to parts and all..thanks & cheers:driver::driver::biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm that's a very rare car. Price seems already low but I'd think maintenance would not be as easy cause it's a V6 mid engine, and it's not popular/not many are having this car anymore. It's also a big and heavy car and definitely not as fast as an Evo. Finally the road tax for a 3.0 is a killer, last time I checked it's around Rm2300! If I were you, I'd much prefer an Evo as it's faster, easier to maintain and modify, cheap road tax, easier to sell later, and a lot more practical since it's a 4 door sedan.

norick

Known Member
Mar 28, 2006
for us to comment, we need to know why u wanna choose GTO?

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Nice car but there is always a but..

patrickonghm

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
for us to comment, we need to know why u wanna choose GTO?
well bro to answer this, actually i want a 4wd, but same time looking for 2 door and gt look,
of course want a skyline but not now..so something affordable and same time this car meets my
needs, and i tot why not a gto..so thats my answer..haha

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
haha... bro patrickonghm... we r on the same boat! eyeing on 1 now... but scared of the parts and maintenance. rtax and insurance is once a year, so can close 1 eye... but like the fc and engine parts, is it easy to find? if got also, will it cost a bomb or just like any other mitsu parts?

gbajien

Aug 29, 2012
Selangor
I have a Mitsu GTO, mine is an Mk1 1993 Twin Turbo and I love it to death heheh... roadtax in West Malaysia is RM 2060 per year, but my GTO buddy in Kuching, Sarawak only pays RM987 per year (freaking half price!)

Main things to do when you first get one: overhaul/rebuild the 6G72 TT engine, check wiring + ECU and the ignition system, and check the interior components as well...

This car is a match anytime for Supras and Skyline, though it is under-rated in a way, its got a damn loyal following in UK. Japan, USA.
Main parts/tuning houses for the GTO: PitRoadM (Japan), and 3SX (USA), Nelson Performance (USA) ... check out vids on youtube

In stock form the VR-4 Twin Turbo GTO makes 316bhp and 427Nm of torque, (stock 0.8 Bar boost). increasing the boost to 1.1 bar can easily unleash 360bhp and 480Nm of torque.. so imagine if those twin TD04-9B turbines are replace with bigger TD04-D750 or TD05-G units... 750bhp GTOs (called 3000GT in the USA) are common in the USA, and yes there are 1200hp GTO's on youtube (also from the USA) so the potential of the 6G72 engine is definitely on par with the 2JZ in the Supra or the RB in the Skyline..

PitRoadM's Hayabusa GTO has 920Bhp, and has taken pole many times in Super tuner battles..

Be prepared to spend about RM15k for the first year, to change parts, tune, repair (local chopshops always give a high price 'coz its rare' - bullshit gimmick), UK and US has a lot of parts available on Ebay...
like any other Jap sports car, you have to spend on good parts and upgrades to get it running good.. don't be stingy and cut corners, the problems will come back

If you go the GTO path, you can always pm me for advise on the car, more than willing to help a fellow GTO owner :)

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
I got a Friend that have a GTO too. the car is amazing. He is now looking for a 6speed halfcut for it as he needs overhaul and upgrade to 6 speed.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Rarity and power comes with a price.

if you could accept this rare gem of Mitsu, and wouldnt mind giving it lots of love and care, I dont see any reason why you shouldnt go buying this car.

Depends on whether you think with your head or your heart.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I think when 1 is in love with the car, the maintenance and pricing will naturally be 2nd priority...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, currently i had a vr4 engine with modify mounting on TB side, as i know if want to put in wira chassis perfectly need to use Evo TB bracket mount. now i wonder is perdana 1st gen single cam 4g63 TB are same as evo mount? pls advice me on my build :burnout:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience