Importing vehicle from US to Malaysia

Feb 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hello all, I'm new to this forum.

I have read a couple related post in this forum and it has been really useful. Thanks a lot.

I understand that we need an AP, car ownership for 9 months and been staying oversea for one year in order to bring back a vehicle.

Right now, I've been staying in US for more than one year, but my vehicle has not reach the 9 months qualification. May I know if I can come back early and leave the car in US insured and titled until 9 months before shipping it?

Actually, the vehicle ownership will reach the 9 months limit by the time I come back. The vehicle is paid and will have proof of insurance for 9 months, but the title is 3 months short because the title was transferred late. Is there a workaround or if there's something I can try or do?

Appreciate any help. Thank you.

CaRL.

Jun 2, 2006
Buyp!
Sorry to crash your post, But I'm having similar situation as you are.

I'm a student in US going back next year June. I'm considering shipping my car back to Malaysia as well, since I'm never gonna be able to get a decent car based on the price we have in Malaysia now.

I have every single qualification stated by Miti or whatever.

But however there is one thing I cant understand, on the website it says we have to present all those documents and a short interview will be conducted.

Thing is, do we need to go back to Malaysia and bring all those documents with us, conduct the interview, then come back to US and find way to ship the car back??

I really need help on the procedure!

Also, I really have question about the tax system
Let's say I have a 3.0 sports coupe.
And the car was sold to me for only USD $1000.
How much would the blood suckers tax me?

ANYONE here who has done this before, pls help!

Primed

Mar 15, 2015
US
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. Your vehicle will met the qualifications after 9 months and then you should be good. I used this company https://www.a1autotransport.com/ship-car-to-malaysia.php to ship a car to KL a couple years ago and they had a good handle on the foreign shipping laws. Might want to give them a call; I'm sure they'll be happy to answer your questions and point you in the right direction if they can't help.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This was 3 years ago.....

Anyway, US cars are left hand drives and will be very difficult to drive here....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Check this video out where competitors were interviewed about their quest of being the fastest in Silverstone. They show around their living quarters, the cars they will be competing in and also the awesome GT5 rigs that were set up by Sony. Something to look forward when the GT Academy season starts again!

YouTube - ‪GT Academy: Tour of RaceCamp at...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience