hytech headers/extractors for b series

dc_vtec

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2006
Anyone can tell about Spoon 4-2-1 header? I think I read somewhere legendary 5050 also used dis extractor too. And another question, why spoon always come without "spoon" mark??
spoon header as i know got spoon tag..

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
shiro,

i just saw a 99% perfect condition b18c mugen 4-1 extractor not so long ago.
but the price......haha......
Yeah.. I saw it too.. subang right? or you saw it at some other area? :P

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
mugen B18c is one I've always liked.. but very hard to find one in a pristine condition.

I think it's also one of the popular choices for hondas running in the SuperSixteen classes at sepang.

There's a local made one, but never tested yet.. I'm sure you've seen it as well... I know the guy that makes it, but his idea of making the primaries smaller doesn't seem to say much about it.

Well, depends on if I can get a unit to test..
same goes to me... i oso prefer mugen b18c 4-1...

actually got 2 type of mugen b18c 4-1

here some pics to share...

the 2nd pic on the right one hardly found... the left one is common...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
omgbbq.....shiro did u see tat in usj1 chopshop? coz i think that's the one i bought LOL!!!
hahaha... good buy, that..
I guess we might have met at the chopshop before, but you don't know me, I don't know you so.. buattaktaula.

the 2nd pic on the right one hardly found... the left one is common...
Yeah.. the left one is common, the 2nd pic on the right I've seen once before, but condition was (>.<), so I didn't buy.

The mounting flange at near the 02 sensor bung is different.. Are they for the same car? How it the mounting done?

I didn't notice it then, but noticed when you took the photoes.

Last edited:

Enthusiast

500 RPM
Oct 10, 2005
Issit just me or is one of the primaries of the mugen 4-1 flatter and the other one rounder??? look closely - _ -

i bought it for rm1,200 including o2 sensor.......the bottom got abit scratch tho......nego there for damn long for 1150 they not willing to give.....cheh.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Issit just me or is one of the primaries of the mugen 4-1 flatter and the other one rounder??? look closely - _ -

i bought it for rm1,200 including o2 sensor.......the bottom got abit scratch tho......nego there for damn long for 1150 they not willing to give.....cheh.
Okay already lah.. mine was 1.8K, but of course, that one was near new, and since I wanted it anyway.. just buy only lah.. :P

cnex

May 28, 2007
wow after doing my research on the net, the headers are actually quite good

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
I've seen this headers somewhere... so these are the hytech ones without the anti-reversion chambers? I've seen one unit in shah alam as well.

Last edited:

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
I've seen this headers somewhere... so these are the hytech ones without the anti-reversion chambers. I've seen one unit in shah alam as well.
You think this the real thing??? :confused_smile: Have a closer look...

1stly there is no hytech badge.
2nd Look at the flange
3rd Look at mating area and tube length
4th Go to Hy Tech Exhaust----The Leader in Race Exhaust Technology to compare your self.

Ooppss... Check the price list. The NON CUSTOM aka Production series are selling for USD799 (bout RM2800 without tax and shipping yet). The custom with anti reversion is USD1300!!!

Now, how can Malaysia be selling an ORIGINAL Hytech production header for a price cheaper than a USA Dealer price...

Shiro, take a while guess... :shocked: It just looks like the ones we saw in Old Klang Road???

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
You think this the real thing??? :confused_smile: Have a closer look...

1stly there is no hytech badge.
2nd Look at the flange
3rd Look at mating area and tube length
4th Go to Hy Tech Exhaust----The Leader in Race Exhaust Technology to compare your self.

Ooppss... Check the price list. The NON CUSTOM aka Production series are selling for USD799 (bout RM2800 without tax and shipping yet). The custom with anti reversion is USD1300!!!

Now, how can Malaysia be selling an ORIGINAL Hytech production header for a price cheaper than a USA Dealer price...

Shiro, take a while guess... :shocked: It just looks like the ones we saw in Old Klang Road???
Haha.. I guess you're right... I'm staying quiet on the origins of it because of the fact that the guy might have gotten them through some 'alternate' means. and I haven't seen the original hytech headers, so I'm afraid to call it a fake and find out it's the real thing.. :P

Well, I do know the source of the copied stuff, and if it's not hytech, it's marginally less than 2K, and the source says he copied it from hytech, so I wasn't surprised to find a hytech advertised with the same looks... which lead to the statement of seeing the same product in shah alam... testing the waters, so to speak.

The ones with pictures on the site are the ones with the reversion chambers. I think honda tuning once did an interview with Hytech, and they said something about a budget version without their patented anti reversion chambers.

So let's see if it's a fake or not... if not, sure is cheap for ori hytech headers.. if fake, then it's a little expensive, but I think the workmanship is good enough for that kind of price, too bad the design of the one I saw sucked.

I know the copy version has very small primaries, which didn't exactly brought about confidence.. if it was at least as big as the B18C's primaries, I'd have bought one to test on the spot.. :P

Last edited: