Humble DIY Repairs On My Car

brokenjars

Known Member

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
How to change out a leaking camshaft seal. This also covers steps that is required to perform a water pump replacement and timing belt replacement

Very clear and detailed steps. Definitely informative to diyers.
However most malaysians won't all the tools you used haha. But it is simple enough.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
However most malaysians won't all the tools you used haha. But it is simple enough.
I even bought the camshaft locking tool for my F4P engine but still send the car to a mechanic for timing belt replacement. I just tell the mech 'camshaft holder ada dalam bonet'

MEngineer

MEngineer

Nov 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the feedback appreciate it. Yup I started of without any tools too haha. But overtime this skill grew on me and I saved so much doing it myself that I used the extra money to buy tools. Then the rest is history. My goal is to share the knowledge so even if you don’t DIY you can know whether a mechanic is bullshitting you when your car needs a repair. Also this helps people calibrate how much work it takes for each repair. Sometimes mechanics charge exorbitant price just for a simple job.

If I can inspire someone to go from not having any tools to a full working garage is just the best life fulfilling achievement for me personally.

MEngineer

MEngineer

Nov 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I even bought the camshaft locking tool for my F4P engine but still send the car to a mechanic for timing belt replacement. I just tell the mech 'camshaft holder ada dalam bonet'
Nice gesture. Sometimes I myself feel like helping out in there garage for free working on different cars but haven’t got the opportunity to go down that route yet.

MEngineer

MEngineer

Nov 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
How to replace a leaking cooling coil, expansion valve and drier receiver in a Proton Gen 2. I will also cover how to do a pressure test and fill refrigerant gas into the air conditioning system.

Before doing this you will need to remove the dashboard which I covered in my prior video

Reactions: minibeany and Izso

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After asking a few mechanics' opinion, I have found out the auto gearbox for my Wira a/b 1.6 is going to die soon. All have suggested replacing the gearbox. Now, I have switched gearbox 3 times already, and I'm tired of that. Furthermore, the car revs more than it moves, therefore consuming a lot of petrol.

A friend's mechanic said he can replace my gearbox with a manual one at RM1700. This includes a 4G93 1.8 gearbox, gear console, pedals, flywheel, clutchplate, starter and all other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience