How to run from JPJ block...

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Not sure if you guys have read this on TheStar today.
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/8/8/nation/6820835&sec=nation

Quite a noob and judgemental write up on the car culture...

But anyway... the 2 paragraph says this:

JPJ automotive engineer Mohamad Dalib said the department department could only act if the illegally-modified cars were being driven and not stationary.

“Under the Road Transport Act, an illegally modified car that stops at the roadside before a roadblock cannot be fined,” he said.
Anyone dare to try to see what happens? haha...

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
ya,saw the same thing..i wonder can we laminate a copy of the papers and put inside the car lol

“Under the Road Transport Act, an illegally modified car that stops at the roadside before a roadblock cannot be fined,

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
yea, we'll keep a copy and when upon reaching a jpj block, just stop by the shoulder, off engine and chill till 4am when they bungkus, can head back again....lol

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
b4 you guys go running away why dont we first find out whats really illegal first..

this is the guideline from JPJ homepage itself ... here
http://portal.jpj.gov.my/index.php?...engenai-pengubahsuaian-kenderaan-persendirian

Pengubahsuaian kecil atau pemasangan alat kelengkapan tambahan yang dibenarkan tanpa perlu mendapat kebenaran JPJ
Terdapat pengubahsuaian atau pemasangan aksesori yang boleh dilakukan tanpa mendapatkan kelulusan daripada Ketua Pengarah JPJ, terutamanya pengubahsuaian atau pemasangan yang tidak memberi kesan kepada ciri-ciri, kestabilan dan keselamatan kenderaan berkenaan seperti:-

1. Pemasangan air spoiler di bahagian hadapan dan belakang.
2. Pemasangan side skirt, aerofoil dan door visor pada kereta.
3. Pemasangan protecting guards pada bahagian hadapan dan belakang kereta.
4. Pengubahsuaian kecil pada radiator grilles, bonet atau bentuk serta rekabentuk lampu-lampu. - this means wira can change to evo lights??
5. Pengubahsuaian atau pemasangan tambahan bumper besar (sama ada jenis keluli atau fibreglass) pada bahagian hadapan dan belakang.
6. Pemasangan rim dan tayar yang lebih besar. so my kancil upgrade from 12 to 16 inches is ok ler...
7. Pemasangan para bumbung.
8. Pemasangan lampu brek tambahan (berwarna merah) atau lampu penunjuk arah (berwarna amber).
9. Pemasangan spot light atau lampu halogen (kedua-duanya berwarna putih dan kuning) pada bahagian hadapan sahaja iaitu tambahan kepada lampu yang sedia ada.
10. Pemasangan pengadang angin, penutup lampu fibreglass dan penutup enjin fibreglass pada bahagian hadapan motosikal di mana aksesori-aksesori ini tidak terkeluar dari hujung pemegang motosikal.

Nota:

Senarai yang telah dinyatakan di atas akan dikemaskini dari masa ke semasa.

Walau bagaimanapun, pengubahsuaian kecil dan pemasangan aksesori-aksesori ini hendaklah memenuhi semua keperluan perundangan sebagaimana dinyatakan di dalam Motor Vehicles (Construction and Use) Rules 1959 atau Motor Vehicles (Construction, Equipment and Use) Rules 1988.

Contohnya:-

1. Sekiranya air spoiler, aerofoil atau side skirt dipasang, ianya tidak boleh melebihi 150mm diukur dari bahagian luar tayar belakang.
rajah1rajah2
2. Sekiranya door visor dipasang, ianya tidak boleh melebihi 100mm lebar dan tinggi
rajah3
3. Sekiranya rim atau tayar lebar digunakan, ianya mesti ditutup sepenuhnya dengan mudguards atau mudflaps.
4. Sekiranya protecting guards dipasang, ianya tidak boleh menutupi lampu-lampu kenderaan. Tidak dibenarkan bucu-bucu tajam atau bahagian yang terjulur keluar melebihi 100mm. Di samping itu lebar keseluruhan tidak boleh melebihi lebar kereta yang asal.
rajah4
5. Sekiranya tambahan bumper besar atau protecting guards dipasang, lebihan bahagian hadapan dan belakang tidak boleh melebihi 50% dari bes roda kenderaan.
6. Jarak headlamps dan lampu isyarat tidak boleh melebihi 300mm dan 400mm masing-masing diukur dari badan yang terlebar selepas pengubahsuaian.
7. Sekiranya para bumbung dipasang, ianya tidak boleh melebihi panjang bumbung, atau lebar kenderaan atau ketinggian 400mm diukur dari bahagian teratas para bumbung.

Pemasangan alat kelengkapan tambahan yang tidak dibenarkan

1. Lampu berkelip-kelip (selain daripada lampu penunjuk arah dan lampu berjaga-jaga) pada bahagian hadapan atau belakang kereta.
2. Pemasangan lampu berwarna biru, ungu atau hijau.
3. Pemasangan hon yang berirama atau hon dengan dua nada.
4. Pemasangan spot light di bahagian belakang kereta.
5. Pemasangan cermin gelap atau penampalan bahan berwarna pada cermin hadapan, cermin belakang dan cermin tepi di mana kadar ketelusan cahaya kurang dari 70%.

Nota: Walau bagaimanapun, penggunaan cermin gelap atau penampalan bahan berwarna di bahagian atas cermin hadapan sebanyak 20% dari lebarnya dan di cermin tingkap sukuan boleh dibenarkan.Senarai di atas boleh diubah dari masa ke semasa
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the above was taken from the official JPJ homepage, and with those guideline, id say a lot of cars today is not illegal. even my Sidewinder is completely legal id say, i know md dalib personally, id need to see him one of these days and ask him to approve my sidewinder so i can show the letter to JPJ on the next roadblock i face...

Last edited:

Niemans1116

Known Member
Jul 1, 2010
SinCity
About HID, I don't understand why the double standard in allowing cars with factory pre-installed but at the same time hauling up those who mode theirs with one.:mad:

Automotive lighting technologies have advanced somewhat, and I think we should be given the freedom to upgrade our lighting to a better one.

More light = more sight = more safety.

kennyyeoh

Known Member
Sep 11, 2008
^ niemans, i think its bcoz the normal halogen lens reflects the light very differently, Bulbs normally concentrates the burning filament (a very small area) to the road surface, whereas the HID bulb, given it burns gas in a chamber has a much wider range of light, when reflected in the wrong areas, will become blinding to oncoming traffic. most factory fitted HID has proper lenses designed for the bulb, and runs on D1R / D2R mounts. id say that allowing HID on projectors should be kinda a safe bet as the excess lightbeam is block by a plate, so both halogen or hid will have similar range of projection.. well that kinda my take on the issue, cant say its the fact tho..

i do however have my 350gt installed with a PIAA H4 HID Hi/Lo module, it has protective case to make sure the light is controlled within its safe range, making sure the light dont glare oncoming traffic, and yes it works very well given that the system cost more than 3k.. ive used cheaper system and my goodness the amount of flashing i get is terrible, and the light is much inferior compared to the PIAA ones... never got into trouble with roadblocks b4...

Last edited:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
wow if this is true that means we can just stop at the side of the road before a road block and turn off the car and they cant do anything about it
waiting on confirmation on this heheheh
this would be great news for all car modders out there :adore::adore::adore:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
sounds like a perangkap jer, y the hell did the jpj allowed dat to be printed out? dat shows dat u have a so-called kryptonite in ur own system, dat just doesnt make sense..

i remember dat its an offense if u stop by the road side witout any good reason, anybody have heard dat? so, u cant actually simply stop just before a road block, no? for me, dats just an indication dat 1. u really have trouble with ur car, and dat lets them the opportunity to check ur car up, being prihatin and all 2. u have sumthing to hide, and allowing them to take proper action on u and ur car, u r stationery on the road side, what more can u do then?

for me, a better solution is making a low profile ride and drive through the road blocks witout any worry.. ive done dat many, many times.

Mrnazmi

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2005
Drag City
Visit site
Good info here, can check first before we can start to modify anything to our car, some more can add more knowledge if JPJ kacau later...:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Agree with xtremeleo, I have seen before cars stopping by the side before road blocks and to our 1st impression, this fellow is up to no good, he could be a criminal or his car have some illegal modifications. Is just too obvious to stop by the road side and if so, is best to inform the cops about the car that stop by the side, who knows if they are one of those wanted criminals?

Best is to keep low profile or avoid roads that have roadblocks very often.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
ive even seen cars when reaching the roadblock, JPJ officer tells him to pull aside...he just shoots off....ahahahaaha...
Then did they gave chase or anything? Actually, what happens if you just sped off from JPJ roadblock ya? I mean not many who dares to do that man...:hmmmm:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
they just didnt care....maybe biasa already...but its a turbo car....
if police they might give chase...if JPJ they only got 1 jeep there.....unless joint roadblocks with RELA & police then cannot run lo...