How to remove swirl marks?

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
I want to find out ways that can remove or reduce the swirl marks on the bonnet of my car, they are like spider webs and can be seen under the lights or under the sun also, if you guys have tried wax or other stuffs that have successfully reduce or at least "cover" the swirl marks to let it become not visible, let me know yea? appreciate it.

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
If the swirl marks are not so deep, wax can be used to remove them. I've tried with some success.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
may I know which brand is the most effecient in removing swirl marks?

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
munpeng said:
may I know which brand is the most effecient in removing swirl marks?
Meguires wax is quite good but expensive. 3M and KIT are also acceptable. Actually normal wax that you buy off the shelf is ok also.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Turtle wax is okay, using it, but you know lar, those kind of wax just gives you a layer that cover up the swirl marks, I tell you, after kena rain the swirl marks will appear again, haihh, now raining season, that's why everytime kena rain after I wax the car, I will see those damned swirl marks again, =_="

Just bought featherlite, haven't try using it yet, it's a little bit too expensive compare to turtle wax, the thread created by focalpoint said it's efficient at removing swirl marks wor, you guys think this brand can be trusted or not?

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
thanks for telling, Prevacid. Fluffy's signature ar? haha, funny one.

Some information for you guys, I tried Featherlite Auto Polish, the brand that was introduced by FocalPoint in another thread. Luckily, RM53.90 is worth my money spent, I was gambling on it, hoping that it really can "cover up" the swirl marks, if not able remove them, and it is effective at covering up at least 80% of the swirl marks, so im my opinion, it's a more efficient product than KIT and Turtlewax, which I have tried, but its higher price maybe a turn-off....

Last edited:

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Great to hear of your major success in overcoming the swirls, munpeng with the FEATHERLITE Auto Polish.The second time you work out with FEATHERLITE, it will be a breeze and the result will certainly be more impressive.

At the price you paid for, it is really a steal. It is really a high priced item in the US. The ingredients must be the best to command such a price. But in Malaysia, we are just talking of an introductory price.So, grab this offer while you still can.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
FocalPoint, to be honest, I was hoping it would bring a 100% success in removing swirl marks. Okay, this may not be sweet to you now, this featherlite auto polish is just providing a shield that covers up the swirl marks, making it not visible anymore, and I thought I would say "wah, this time it's gone but not covered up!" but if it rains, it will be visible again. I am not complaining, knowing any other products are all the same, I am just being honest as a consumer.

Bl@cK-TeZZ@

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2006
I'm using meguiar's NXT wax...kinda expensive(RM85) but the result is superb although doesn't cover 100% the swirls marks. After rain sure got again. Especially black color is even easier too see the swirl marks. Don't think there's any other product that can cover swirl marks 100%.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Meguiar is really expensie wor, don't think I will try it anytime soon.

Take note of this my friends, I went to Carefour MidValley last saturday and saw a product of Turtlewax, I can't really remember the name, but it is a paste compound. It made me recall that paste compound is used by my car painter to remove swirl marks, these are the following steps:

1) he used a 'smooth' sand paper to rub off a thin layer of the paint area that has swirl marks.

2) then he used his own brand of paste compound to apply on the rubbed area, and then used the rotator to polish it, the area shined up again incredibly.

3) after that, he used a bottle of 3M wax to polish again. It shined like diamond.

That was the correct steps of him to remove swirl marks in a professional method. But he said, if there's still swirl marks, he can't help anymore because using rotator will cause swirl marks. Indeed, there's still some on my bonnet, but much lesser.

Now, seeing this paste that Turtlewax is producing, I am thinking of trying it, because paste can really "fill-up" those scratches and little holes on your paintwork, but of coz without using the sand paper and rotator. It costs RM19.90 in Carefour, Midvalley. If it's successful, I'll let you guys know.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Swirl marks are very common on brand new cars also leh, I have seen a brand new Civic having big, big, big swirls on it, so sayang. I was having dinner and saw a new Satria R3, black colour, it was very chun but swirl marks were so obvious under the lights, I was thinking maybe most of the people don't really care about the swirl marks you know, is it true? if it's true then sayang lor, car's design so nice but has some flaws on it....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After a pretty long wait, we were finally able to get our hands on VW’s Mk6 Golf R. We’ve driven it briefly on two separate occasions before (here and here...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience