How to remove holograms after polishing

Jun 16, 2011
Malacca
Hello guy

I'm having a problem with my black proton car after send my car polishing with my friend in my hometown, my black proton car showing great sparkling with full of hologram all over. My friend using ultimate compound (meguiars) & NXT 2.0 and using hitachi polisher.

What should i do to remove the hologram?

TQ

Attachments

fishbonezken

Feb 13, 2006
Although Ultimate Compound isn't formulated to be used with a rotary polisher, shortening working times should help, but since Proton's paint is of a medium-soft nature, your friend might need to follow up with a finer polish such as SwirlX.

Alternatively, use a random orbital/dual-action polisher with Ultimate Compound again after using with the Hitachi rotary polisher.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Hello guy

I'm having a problem with my black proton car after send my car polishing with my friend in my hometown, my black proton car showing great sparkling with full of hologram all over. My friend using ultimate compound (meguiars) & NXT 2.0 and using hitachi polisher.

What should i do to remove the hologram?
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...forums/images/smilies/gtnsmilies/confused.gif
TQ
budddy...what speed are you on ????? when polishing???? what type of pads? foam or wool? do you clean after each section used?

nobody uses rotary to polish wax...only malaysian BOLEH

ideally - cutting at Speed 3 (1200-1400rpm ) Depending how deep it requires

polishing - always spread yr product with speed 1 (600rpm) & work at speed 2 (900rpm)

wax - pls use hand (as it is said in the instruction )

BTW Ultimate compound & swirls X is not reccomended to be use on rotary ( as it is consumer products)

like what fish reckon you should use DA or ROB....

kechat

Jun 16, 2011
Malacca
Although Ultimate Compound isn't formulated to be used with a rotary polisher, shortening working times should help, but since Proton's paint is of a medium-soft nature, your friend might need to follow up with a finer polish such as SwirlX.

Alternatively, use a random orbital/dual-action polisher with Ultimate Compound again after using with the Hitachi rotary polisher.
budddy...what speed are you on ????? when polishing???? what type of pads? foam or wool? do you clean after each section used?

nobody uses rotary to polish wax...only malaysian BOLEH

ideally - cutting at Speed 3 (1200-1400rpm ) Depending how deep it requires

polishing - always spread yr product with speed 1 (600rpm) & work at speed 2 (900rpm)

wax - pls use hand (as it is said in the instruction )

BTW Ultimate compound & swirls X is not reccomended to be use on rotary ( as it is consumer products)

like what fish reckon you should use DA or ROB....
Thanks for your opinion, For your information i have been ask back to my friends, he is using polishing pads yellow color (no brand) and i see the polishing pad it quit rough, and speed of the rotary is 3 (1700rpm), and he also wax at speed 2(1300rpm.)

On saturday i use bosch random orbital, swirlx and nxt 2.0 the whole holograms disappeard, more shining and all the defect like swirl & water stain removed.

Thanks alot again, I will belanja you breakfast la after this

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for your opinion, For your information i have been ask back to my friends, he is using polishing pads yellow color (no brand) and i see the polishing pad it quit rough, and speed of the rotary is 3 (1700rpm), and he also wax at speed 2(1300rpm.)

On saturday i use bosch random orbital, swirlx and nxt 2.0 the whole holograms disappeard, more shining and all the defect like swirl & water stain removed.

Thanks alot again, I will belanja you breakfast la after this
no worries
thanks for your input
chances are yellow pad is cutting pad, cutting at 1700 RPM (presumably Makita- otherwise other make will be even run above 2k at least of the inconsistency)

will leave some kind of hologram.....2nd what kind of polisher product are you using?
if you were to wax with Rotary at 1300 rpm - you kinda leave some hologram on yr finishing

when you use ROB last sat, it will gives you a better outcome, as the wax is covering some of your hologram & once yr wax run down in couples of weeks time you will see real finishing...which you already seen the swirls ...

I rather you try with some Optimum hyper polish or Megs 205 on both yr rotary at speed 1 to spread, speed 2 to polish & back down to speed 1 to finish

or you may use a clean pad on yr ROB with the above polisher too

give a try & let me know, let me know if you need some\

have fun

kechat

Jun 16, 2011
Malacca
no worries
thanks for your input
chances are yellow pad is cutting pad, cutting at 1700 RPM (presumably Makita- otherwise other make will be even run above 2k at least of the inconsistency)

will leave some kind of hologram.....2nd what kind of polisher product are you using?
if you were to wax with Rotary at 1300 rpm - you kinda leave some hologram on yr finishing

when you use ROB last sat, it will gives you a better outcome, as the wax is covering some of your hologram & once yr wax run down in couples of weeks time you will see real finishing...which you already seen the swirls ...

I rather you try with some Optimum hyper polish or Megs 205 on both yr rotary at speed 1 to spread, speed 2 to polish & back down to speed 1 to finish

or you may use a clean pad on yr ROB with the above polisher too

give a try & let me know, let me know if you need some\
K thanks bro, i just use optimum hyper polish, and this is the result

Attachments

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
will join ur clinic soon when got times,haha...kinda interested in detailing my lousy old car,hehe
thanks sifu..hehe

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

will join ur clinic soon when got times,haha...kinda interested in detailing my lousy old car,hehe
thanks sifu..hehe

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thanks sifu..hehe

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

thanks sifu..hehe
no worries
stay posted and check my blog

V53

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
JB
Hi KC,

Let me know your up coming clinic in advance,need to spare time to attend.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

6/1/06 - around 3am..

my fren satria rear window was smash.. dont take anything

7/1/06 - 7.30am..

my vafc has been stolen.. 4 man (malay) use 2 motorbike smash my pessenger window.. my car park outside my house.. thanks god they dont stole my brother in law audio player..

9/1/06 - afternoon..

my fren walkie talkie antenna was stolen..

10/1/06 - 2-3 am..

my neighbour cd player was stolen...

:baring_teeth: so resident in cheras area, pls beware..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience