How to remove burnt oil stains on SS exhaust extractor

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Try Scotch Brite with some strong scrubbing paste, next is steel wool if scotch brite don't work. Of course final stuff to try is sand paper....:driver:
I'll go home and look for scotch brite. Wait until I go back to Ipoh first on friday. Thanks for the suggestion. :biggrin:

don scratch too deep using sharp object. steel wool is better.
Scratching the surface only. Or maybe, I'll just colour them back with chrome silver marker pen. I have those.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Really aluminum? I think it should be because I asked a friend studying degree for chemistry. What is AL. He said should be aluminum. The guy who sold me the exhaust also said this kind of extractor won't rust.

Here are some pic of how it is when stained and after I tried scraping it off.

Actually I just installed this today. :biggrin:
Like what uncle vr said, it might be AL mix but definitely not pure AL.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Like what uncle vr said, it might be AL mix but definitely not pure AL.
Hope the surface of the extractor won't change colour or turn into dull looking surface after sometime. Currently it is still shiny. More importantly, as long as it doesn't rust.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If not heat resistant will turn color the moment it gets hot.....lol:biggrin:
Better not try it if that is the case. Who knows what colour it will turn to. But I used them to colour my engine oil cap from black to silver then later another layer of red ink on top. Colour haven't turned.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Just came back after some long distance driving. Open up the hood to check out the oil stain. Suddenly they all disappeared and now only my stupid scratch marks is left. :mad:

The exhaust shop guy was right. He said the the stains will disappear.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just came back after some long distance driving. Open up the hood to check out the oil stain. Suddenly they all disappeared and now only my stupid scratch marks is left. :mad:

The exhaust shop guy was right. He said the the stains will disappear.
Burnt off......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Burnt off......lol
He told me that is some kind of anti rust oil. At first I was skeptical because the coloured turned so black. Even yesterday during dinner, I took the car for a short drive. The mark is still there. But after some long drive like 30 minutes each time back and forth, the oil stain mark is gone. still got some left near the head of the extractor. Might burn off eventually?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Lubricants
Brand: elf

Elf Molygraphite 15w50 engine oil 4 liter RM 75
Elf Molygraphite 15w50 engine oil 5 liter RM 91

Exclusive lubricant technology incorporates solid lubricants of graphite and molybdenum disulphite, ensures your engine stays clean and operates at max efficiency, resulting in longer engine life.

Elf Molygraphite 10w30 engine oil 3 liter RM 51
Elf Synthetic Pro 10w50 4 liter RM 161

Also available: Air feel ionizer RM128.00
(quickly and effectively: 30 seconds...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience