How to remove burnt oil stains on SS exhaust extractor

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Y1288 :

Don't be a wuss. A little oil stain never hurt anyone. Just chrome the thing and bling it with gemstones for special 3D effects. :biggrin:

And generally those titanium stained look is done with heat right? If you lost the stain you need to go heat it up with a hot welding tool or a flame thrower. I recommend the flame thrower. Melt body parts is the new black too. Doooooooiiiiiiiittttt

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
it's gonna take at least 2 days to remove, sand, polish and then install back. :rofl:
Deswai when the car is in the workshop then probably i bring extractor home to molest lol

Find exhaust heat shield cover, cover up......lol:biggrin:
Not enough space d, it's about 1cm away from my aircond fan. Which i already grind off the metal housing a bit. If not cannot fit at all.

Aftermarket header no place to screw heatshield...lol
ya lol

Y1288 :

Don't be a wuss. A little oil stain never hurt anyone. Just chrome the thing and bling it with gemstones for special 3D effects. :biggrin:

And generally those titanium stained look is done with heat right? If you lost the stain you need to go heat it up with a hot welding tool or a flame thrower. I recommend the flame thrower. Melt body parts is the new black too. Doooooooiiiiiiiittttt
It hurt my soul a little. :biggrin: when i got the extractor it's silver, after one day of usage its gold then one week later there's these titanium stained look near the ports and now it's covered in oil stain everywhere lol God damn workshop pasang with oily hands then fire up the engine only :banghead::banghead:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
i've tried Autosol on a stainless exhaust manifold but it was a pain as the results were barely substantial or worth the effort to work on the entire manifold. You might be better off sand blasting it and have it thermal coated maybe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM9WDK105Bk

just stumbled on this video, there may be hope for polishing paste after all. The video says their polish is different because it is made for stainless steel exhaust specifically and unlike the regular pastes, this product is not aluminium friendly so that might explain its effectiveness for polishing exhausts

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
i've tried Autosol on a stainless exhaust manifold but it was a pain as the results were barely substantial or worth the effort to work on the entire manifold. You might be better off sand blasting it and have it thermal coated maybe

just stumbled on this video, there may be hope for polishing paste after all. The video says their polish is different because it is made for stainless steel exhaust specifically and unlike the regular pastes, this product is not aluminium friendly so that might explain its effectiveness for polishing exhausts
Other than Autosol, you try Brasso. Last time Brasso comes in clear liquid form. Now they have the cream version like Autosol. Brasso is a lot stronger tho.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya

Thanks for the info Tom! Appreciate it :biggrin::biggrin: gonna go read up more about this product. I wonder if malaysia imported this :hmmmm:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Now I think I need to clean up oil stain on my extractor as well. Tried scraping it off and end up scratching my extractor. But the stain did come off from scratching.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
AL is aluminum woh! or for exhaust some mixture becomes alloy......:hmmmm:
Really aluminum? I think it should be because I asked a friend studying degree for chemistry. What is AL. He said should be aluminum. The guy who sold me the exhaust also said this kind of extractor won't rust.

Here are some pic of how it is when stained and after I tried scraping it off.

Actually I just installed this today. :biggrin:

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

according to above...my dashboard have double tape stain...how to remove it...i have try nail polish...seens cant help...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience