How to mod my Perodua Viva?

dancerface

Known Member
Dec 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, would like to know more on how to mod my perodua viva. I know its a small car and you may be thinking why would I want to speed in a car like this. Well, basically I love modding cars. I want to take this as a learning process. So far these are the mods I have done:

1. Full exhaust system. 3-1 stainless steel extractor, 1.6" piping, bullet and s-flow muffler with exhaust tip.

2. AXT Cross drilled slotted disc rotor (OEM Size)

3. Ctech Front 2p Bar, 4p Front Lower Bar, Rear antiroll bar, rear 3p bar.

4. 15" ce28 6.5jj rims with shitty gdyear eagle tyres

5. Works simota drop-in air filter

6. Lighten crank pulley

7. Greber lowered springs with stock absorbers

I am more towards doing a setup for touge/street as off an on I go for a run @ ulu yam with my friends. However the car is an auto tranny and I have future plans to change it to manual. So friends, do shed some light on what else can I do to make this car even better :hmmmm: let me know what are your opinions, advantage and disadvantages of some mods and also personal experience :biggrin:

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
you need to change to myvi front brake caliper set with myvi uprated disc rotor, and a set of gas shocks will do, and if you seriously play touge, use 14 inch sport rim, with 6.5 inch wide. you need to add room bar as well. oh yes, better tyre will do, if possible 14 inch AD07 tyre to start with. Cheers!

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

ah yes, add a set of atf cooler to prevent overheating to your auto transmission, no need to change to manual.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
agree with the brakes thing..... forget all the rotor replacements and just straight upgrade caliper and rotor.

14" with good tires would be a better idea as it wont be too heavy for ur puny engine....if insist on 15" then better get the azenis st115

imho...since touge...u should concentrate more on ur handling... drop the exhaust idea first and get adjustables instead of just springs....

and a bucket seat would be a good addition too

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
yes, bucket seat is needed as well. set of springs and proper shocks for beginers first, after trained then upgrade still not too late, don forget to upgrade engine oil and atf fluid and coolant, helps the engine in long run.
Lose body weight is the most important, helps a lot in car handling. Get bride, small bucket seat will definitely force you to go slim, like i did, i need to lose few kg's to fit in the bride semi bucket seat i bought. haha!

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

if you want cheap 14' rim, use like mine, the aerosport ones, with larger space between sopkes will surely help in brakes ventilation. it is sure not the prettiest one, but it does the job. btw, i would highly suggest the crank pulley to change back to the original ones, heavier crank pulley helps a lot in hill climb.

dancerface

Known Member
Dec 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yes guys, I was planning to change to myvi's rotor and caliper. Hard to source online.. and i was planning to change to 11" disc brakes but I dont have ABS and i was afraid of skidding.. was also planning on downgrading to 14" as the 15" is heavier, sports tyre for my size hard to find without hitting the fender.. HWL Adjustables soon.. hmm what else can I get done to engine? Spark plugs? Cam pulley?

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
including anti roll bar can be good benefit too
mmm...oil cooler...4 point seat belt..big turbo..hehek

dancerface

Known Member
Dec 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
including anti roll bar can be good benefit too
mmm...oil cooler...4 point seat belt..big turbo..hehek
Already have anti roll bar :D oil cooler yes most likely to get it. 4 point on stock seats? LOL.. big turbo super.. hmmm maintenance.. NA FTW

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
thats right, viva engine is already strong enough for beginner, get a full bucket seat and you can feel the difference in handling.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
change to 165/50/15 should be fine, if 14" rims, choose those with 5 wide spokes, I think the tyres look bigger with those rims rather
than rims with too many spokes. Just find them look better for smaller size wheels.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
if u have done your exhaust.
might want to consider open pod for more air... :)
dun forget management to maximize the power ratio.

dancerface

Known Member
Dec 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if u have done your exhaust.
might want to consider open pod for more air... :)
dun forget management to maximize the power ratio.
I thought if open pod will lose power for auto?

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

change to 165/50/15 should be fine, if 14" rims, choose those with 5 wide spokes, I think the tyres look bigger with those rims rather
than rims with too many spokes. Just find them look better for smaller size wheels.
hmmm 165 tyres will look stretch on my rims, however i thought like this wont be good when driving fast? cause the side wall might kena abit when cornering? as it will be abit stretch..

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
sorry, i just find this thread funny. the idea of modding a viva is funny. for the price you pay, why not get a 2nd hand eg/ek/satria. no matter how much you mod this viva, it won't do much good cuz the centre of gravity is high (esp touge) and it's an NA car..

#outtahere!

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
lightweight 6.5jj 15" with 165/50/15 if can get falken st115 or kumho ku31. silverstone evol8 is shit! more hardcore go for 165/50/15 ATR K-SPORTS semi slick! hehehe

if not go for 14" 165/55/14

coilovers can use myvi 1.3 (old model) suspension. dont use hwl as their rear design of springs and absorber comes in 1 piece. will make weird knocking noises. can go for GAB HA or more budget GAB ss. can also try BC racing v1 spec. i've used that in my viva bfor.. nice!

other than that ure pretty much complete for the handling department!

engine wise, if u wanna mod, i recommend to get atf cooler for your auto gearbox. small one will do, dont get those big ones as it will reduce the cooling efficiency as the fluid takes longer time to flow through big cooler.

use better and lighter oil instead of shitty perodua oil. stick with drop in filter if ure using auto. open pod sucks big time with auto gearbox.. ive tried and regretted. end up going bck to drop in.

full UR bars if u have the budget

if ure on 15" can opt for bigger brake upgrade. nowadays lots of honda brakes modified to plug n play into perodua cars. can get full set with oversize calipers and rotors complete installation rm500 or less. get good high temp brake pads 480C for a balance setup (street/track). any higher would be useless as u wouldnt be able to get your car into that kind of speed to produce such high temp.

1) more hardcore, u can go for port and polish (some good ones u can try - nasty port flow @ usj). there is a custom kelisa intake manifold sold in mudah.my. me thinks can be plug and play into viva ej-ve engine as well, can give it a try. after all that is done, go for piggyback management to fine tune your engine..

2) lagi more more hardcore, when ure bored with NA. u can always bolt on turbo. loads of workshop doing it now. some good ones in glenmarie shah alam (turboDOTTcom or something like that). less than 3k can get full setup good enough for street use and not kill your auto gearbox.

3) lagi lagi lagi super final hardcore. transplant k3-vet (2wd version , not the 4wd). need alot of custom fabrication on engine mounting and also the gearbox u gotta 'kacuk' some of viva gearbox with the yrv gearbox to get that tiptronic to work!. can be done as there are quite a number of k3-vet viva in malaysia. JPJ wise not legal as u have already mod the engine mounting.. but then again. malaysia boleh! when there is a will, there is a way!

i was reaching the 1st step of the "more hardcore" stage when i decided to change car for a more comfort and safe drive as i travel frequently to outstation and highway.. as the cost of 2nd and 3rd lagi lagi lagi super hardcore mods are not exactly cheap! the money put in to mod + the resale value of your car, can easily get u a healthy DP for a new comfy car. so the choice is yours!! i recommend to try some simple upgrades as mentioned above first to get a feel of it! in totallity i've spent 10k++ on my slowpoke viva before selling it off haha! good experience..

Last edited:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
sorry, i just find this thread funny. the idea of modding a viva is funny. for the price you pay, why not get a 2nd hand eg/ek/satria. no matter how much you mod this viva, it won't do much good cuz the centre of gravity is high (esp touge) and it's an NA car..

#outtahere!
You make do with what you have. Second hand cars means higher loan interest...duh..:rolleyes:

At least by modding, you can add stuff wherever you have cash (which is not all the time, unlike loan repayment where you need the money EVERY month.)

If you can't wrap your head around that simple idea..........:rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

6/1/06 - around 3am..

my fren satria rear window was smash.. dont take anything

7/1/06 - 7.30am..

my vafc has been stolen.. 4 man (malay) use 2 motorbike smash my pessenger window.. my car park outside my house.. thanks god they dont stole my brother in law audio player..

9/1/06 - afternoon..

my fren walkie talkie antenna was stolen..

10/1/06 - 2-3 am..

my neighbour cd player was stolen...

:baring_teeth: so resident in cheras area, pls beware..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience