Visit site
start....go to run.....
type cmd....
or look in assessories.....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
in winXP, if I am not mistaken there is no DOS...
the command prompt is just a DOS shell and is not pure DOS. It was created by microsoft to simulate DOS.

The only way I can think of where u can access DOS is through some kinda emergency startup... i am not sure about how u go around doin it. Maybe u can try searchin the internet. It is something similar to what the partition magic program uses. Do you realise that whenever partition magic restarts ur computer to do its job, it goes into DOS through an emergency mode in WinXP?

well, as for the file prob, only 2 things I can think of rite now, either the file is not there but displayed as still there, or the other possibility is that the file is in use by the system and cannot be deleted or removed. As said, it might also be a virus attack, please check through ur system with a virus scanner to ensure that ur system is free of viruses.

Then again, if all things fail, I also dunno of a better solution but to reformat ur hard drive. Bear in mind that some viruses(if there is any) are memory resident and therefore I highly recommend that u cold boot(shut off power) and start reformating even before windows manages to load. Do not warm boot as the virus might still stay in memory.

Well, just my 2 cents. Correct me if I am wrong here and don shoot me ya...
hehe...

seperlinky

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
just make sure that the file is not protected by other program and check the file properties. make sure that you have administrator rights to delete it.

Crashvenom

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
malaysia
Originally posted by extrememech@Nov 19 2003, 01:07 AM
if can let me know... btw u know where to get fully DOS commands ?
You dont have to format ma...just reinstall the OS. You can repair using the CD. And your OS will be like new again without damaging or delete your existing file.

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Originally posted by Crashvenom+Nov 19 2003, 11:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crashvenom @ Nov 19 2003, 11:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-extrememech@Nov 19 2003, 01:07 AM
if can let me know... btw u know where to get fully DOS commands ?
You dont have to format ma...just reinstall the OS. You can repair using the CD. And your OS will be like new again without damaging or delete your existing file. [/b][/quote]
bear in mind that without reformating, ur comp will still retain the virus file, if there is one. Also, reinstalling without reformatting is not recommended as programs installed previously will not work as some registry entries will be overwritten by the new OS and therefore causing the programs to malfunction.

I dunno, but this is through my experience. Correct me if I am wrong here. Maybe this does not apply to WinXP?

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Originally posted by seperlinky@Nov 19 2003, 01:48 PM
aiks.. did he said anything on virus?
dunno ler... lets just assume if there is one, it is better to reformat...
hehe..

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Originally posted by extrememech@Nov 20 2003, 03:01 AM
the file i wanna delete is not virus effected...
okok... then I think it is the other 2 possibilities nia lo...
I also haf similar probs... but then cant seem to get the stupid file out...
maybe sum tools on the internet might help?? try to search for them...

can try:
Download.com

SUP YALL!!!

Nov 20, 2003
hahaha thats the oldest trick in a hackers handbook and the first thing u will learn too. let me guess, if u can t delete it, chances are u r NOT running windows XP right?

to delete the file, u must type del [filename] in dos. but how do u type the file name if its all in funny characters?

figure it out amigo. how do u type extended character sets?

animiniac_seith

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
PuchonG
Visit site
thinkin of this brain also pecah....save the things u want and format the com ler bro...no fuss, no hassle, no turning back...a brand new clean drive....

SPEEDSPiRiT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
kenny-lee.com
go reistry
delete those suspected or weird files..in ur RUN/RUNONCE section..
then restart
then delete the program
:)

miqveh

Dec 12, 2003
First and foremost, the first few rules is...

1) never format unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Suggested Solution:
If suspect harddisk is infected. Try to use another harddisk to scan the infected harddisk. So you must have another computer/harddisk with operating system installed then update to latest virus defination and then scan the suspected infected harddisk.

2) Error code is 1026 is an issue can occur for any of the following reasons:

You copy or move a file to a disk, delete the file, and then click the Undo Copy or Undo Move command to try to retrieve the file.

Insufficient hard disk space on the computer.

You copy or delete files over a network and the server has problems sending the file because of security issues or network traffic

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, follow one of the appropriate methods:

Using the Undo Copy and Undo Move Commands
To resolve this issue, configure Windows to move files you delete to the Recycle Bin. To do this, follow these steps:

Right-click the Recycle Bin, and then click Properties.

If you use one setting for all drives, click to clear the Do not move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted check box, and then click OK.
NOTE: If you configure the Recycle Bin to work independently on each drive, click to clear the Do not move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted check box on each local disk tab, and then click OK.

IMPORTANT: The Undo Copy and Undo Move commands are available, but do not work with files that you have deleted from a floppy disk.

I got these stuff from Microsoft site by the way.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi , anybody know the exact color of te37/ssr type c white ? want to touch up the scratch myself ....but having problem to select the right paint. Any sifu here?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience