How to D.I.Y install 6.5 inch speakers?

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
Hi all,
Anyone knows how to D.I.Y install a 6.5 inch speaker into the front iswara door? This is the special edition iswara (the silver coloured). Go to one shop, say hard to install. One more say cannot. So... what to do? D.I.Y la I guess.....
If you guys think this is not possible, can you please help to advise other locations? Thanks.

boeytan

500 RPM
Oct 22, 2004
cacin said:
Hi all,
Anyone knows how to D.I.Y install a 6.5 inch speaker into the front iswara door? This is the special edition iswara (the silver coloured). Go to one shop, say hard to install. One more say cannot. So... what to do? D.I.Y la I guess.....
If you guys think this is not possible, can you please help to advise other locations? Thanks.
iswara just can fit in 5.5"
6.5" u have to modify a lot.

Satria racer

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
Pahang Kuantan
Visit site
man its possible..
But first u need to cut a bigger hole in the door...
Then u need to use another plastic rounded thing so there got to be 2 of them!! one is for the speaker grill and the second one to be like a spacer... Then it should fit...
But u will have use a longer screw.. to fix the thing in place

boeytan

500 RPM
Oct 22, 2004
Satria racer said:
man its possible..
But first u need to cut a bigger hole in the door...
Then u need to use another plastic rounded thing so there got to be 2 of them!! one is for the speaker grill and the second one to be like a spacer... Then it should fit...
But u will have use a longer screw.. to fix the thing in place
cacin, if u dunno what r u doing... dun touch it.. later ur power windows cannot roll down.

Satria racer

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
Pahang Kuantan
Visit site
yea if u dont know how to do then better dont cause some times they dont fit cause the megnet too big! Cause of the megnet the window wont go down until the end!
u got to measure everything first!!!

ChuckY

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Bukit OUG
i did mine 6.5" too but not LMSS mine is LMST...and yes u need a spacer for it, the speaker is juz too big to fit in...ill try to post the pic later

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
i did mine with a wood ring buy from fren acc shop..cost RM10 for 2, fren ma
then u need to use a damn long screw to screw it together with ur speaker..do not try to screw the woood ring first and then screw ur spk on the wood. the wood will kemek....

and u need to drill 4 new screw hole on the door there....
take me 10 minute for 8 hole by using screw driver and screw..haha

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
Thanks guys...

Boeytan: yes, I did take that into consideration. Will only do the measurements once confirmed need to DIY.

yinho: how much does that installation costs?

Chucky: Pic please :D

howiechoo: you DIY the installation? how you route the wire? Can you please provide pic? :D

once again, thanks you all. looking forward for more advise. Today, might go to another shop to ask again.

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
the wires can go on the same route as your power windows as well. You will see a rubber piece close to the door hinges. you can drive it thru there.

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
simefly said:
the wires can go on the same route as your power windows as well. You will see a rubber piece close to the door hinges. you can drive it thru there.

yinho

Known Member
Sep 27, 2004
Visit site
once i got the car its adi there.so i dunno how much is it. be prepared to soundproof also.. coz ur 6.5 might cause some rattling.

boeytan

500 RPM
Oct 22, 2004
yinho said:
once i got the car its adi there.so i dunno how much is it. be prepared to soundproof also.. coz ur 6.5 might cause some rattling.
rattling then get some dampening stuff from me loh.. hehe.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Can someone list down the steps that I need to take when I wash and polish my car.
I got my new car last week and i noticed that there are some swirl marks as well as a hazy patch on the bonnet.

I was advised to polish the car, but I dont know if i should take it to a car detailing outfit or should i do it my self. $$ constraints :)

So, if i decide to DIY..can someone recomend me the products as well as the techniques that needs to be used.

Really appreciate the help. Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience