How To Clean My Throttle Body ??

babylck

Jul 29, 2006
can any sifu here teach me how to do it correctly and effectively?? I'm currently driving a Toyota AE92 with 4AGE 16V Auto engine.. thanks in advance =)

xavier

Oct 23, 2005
Sigh~ If I'm not mistaken, this topic on throttle body cleaning has been around for quite a while. Go search the forum topics.

if u wan easy job, go supermarket buy fuel injector cleaner... pour it into ur fuel tank and u're done...

if u want do it hard way, search the diy forum topic.... it was discussed before....

xavier

Oct 23, 2005
Throttle body... injector = Different thing

SkYwAlKeR said:
if u wan easy job, go supermarket buy fuel injector cleaner... pour it into ur fuel tank and u're done...

if u want do it hard way, search the diy forum topic.... it was discussed before....
Uhmmm... I believe the throttle body is different from the injector. So cleaning the injector does not clean the throttle body. :cyclops:

donCityZ

Feb 8, 2006
xavier is right.

goto drexchan.fotopic.net to see example how to completely clean throttle body.

alternatively, u could also clean it up without dismantling the TB. (but it wont be 100% cleaning). just open air filter box, take out filter till u see the TB. buy the STP Carburetor Cleaner (cheap cheap ).. then spray inside the hole there and scrub with your finger ..then open up the throttle flaps and spray inside and scrub again. then start engine.. give it a good rev (3-4k).. then ask someone to rev again while u spray directly into TB. (or u can do it all by yourself if u know where to pull.. hehe).

correct me if im wrong k.. but this is how i done it before..kekeke..

lcchong

May 18, 2009
can use STP Carburetor Cleaner for injection? :confused:

Anyone know what happened to the car wash opposite N1 at Sunway? A store selling rims has took over. Anyone?