2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
---------------

Last edited:

vantageX

Known Member
Apr 29, 2006
nitrus said:
? What do u guys think ? Im juz afraid tat it wud damage my engine/muffler .. What do u suggest i do?
Err...don't accelerate to a high rpm and hold it in 3rd gear? Unless you're drag racing, why are you holding high revs in 3rd gear? And even if you are drag racing, you should have a shift point.

Just don't do it too often, it happens and since you're driving a carb engine car (or any car for that matter) its just not advisable to hold your revs high.

As for the cause, well its probably down to timing and unburnt fuel escaping. I mean there's nothing generally wrong with your timing, just that at such high rpm the distributor can 'miss' and not ignite the plugs and allow fuel to escape unburnt. Even more if you have a contact breaker point ignition. No harm done but do try to avoid doing it often.

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
carburetor do not have rev cut and speed cut.

when u rev tooooooo high it will not POP! only

it will sound PPPOOOOOPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!! then bubye liao

kelvio

1,000 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
selangor
www.geocities.com
my car like to POP also but when rev high then decell it pop damn loud cos carb kong edi(FC damn high) need carb kit to replace
u might 1 2 check if ur carb is dirty or so

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
i think Blacksamurai simply meant.....your FUEL TANK got termasuk air in it?

vantageX

Known Member
Apr 29, 2006
nitrus: It backfired at 3-4K rpm? I thought it did at a higher rpm like 6-7K. You might have a problem but it can be a number of things. Distributor timing, a hole in the exhaust, a lean mixture of petrol/air escaping left in the combustion chamber post ignition. An engine which isn't tuned to handle aftermarket air-filter or extractors.

Just drive it and see if it happens again but at 3-4K rpm, sounds like a problem there unless you do this often. I mean cars are designed to overtake as well so that kinda RPM range should be ok. You mentioned a burnt exhaust tip so its definitely unburnt fuel. Get your mechanic to check ignition timing and even a small leak in your exhaust though this might be harder to spot especially if its a leaking exhaust gasket.

Most cars over a certain age have some water in the petrol tank, this can't be helped. Question is how much water have you got in your tank.

Lol, as for me? I did automotive engineering at FIT before it closed. Graduated, did a few more courses on EFI but couldn't see a future in Malaysia so went off to start my own internet business. Still do most of the repairs on my own car and diagnose the big problems but let the mechanic's handle it for the big stuff. Easier. Love classic cars and old Japanese cars. Still collect books on automotive repair eventhough am out of the business. :)

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
-----------------------------

Last edited:

vantageX

Known Member
Apr 29, 2006
Aftermarket air-filters and extractors can alter the way a carb engine without an ECU behaves. An EFI set-up will just alter its settings to match the new parts.

Hope your car's fine. Its only 1+ year old so maybe there's nothing wrong and it was a one of incident....or a plastic bag :)

Got future here in Malaysia? Dunno la...maybe, maybe not. As for it being wasted...lol...don't remind me la.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i need help sifus............. i wanna know is there any chance of changing kelisa auto gearbox to tiptronic gearbox ? if there is what gearbox? please help or suggest some thing to do with the gearbox ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience