horsepower drop

paolo_m

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
helo all, i'm using 4g93 n/a engine with slight mods & recently dynoed my car and noticed that my hp had gone down from 136hp to only 116hp. can anyone diagnose my engine's problem as from the dyno result the a/f ratio was the same as before. thanx in advance.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
please post both the dynocharts for us to see
first and 2nd dyno same shop ?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
if u did both dyno's on the same machine , GT Auto , then you have indeed
benchmarked before and after on it, it should yield best comparison
it really shows ur car has dropped power , reasons power drop could happen is
1. lost of engine compression caused by pistons rings or valve seals & etc
2. dirty sensors which changes a/f ratio
3. tuning disturbed

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
looks like your a/f is a bit different ...

has it been re-tune? look carefully at the A/F ... and it has a slight different ...

maybe the 1st dyno was when u newly seviced the car ... the later is due already :P

that what happened to mine ... a slight drop ....

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
if u did both dyno's on the same machine , GT Auto , then you have indeed
benchmarked before and after on it, it should yield best comparison
it really shows ur car has dropped power , reasons power drop could happen is
1. lost of engine compression caused by pistons rings or valve seals & etc
2. dirty sensors which changes a/f ratio
3. tuning disturbed
ya ya....
last time my engine feel lost power since he gasket leaking...
It's happen on the area near inake...so can't check 1st time....then claim for lost eng compreesion!!!

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
this happen to me too b4..but i have reason why it drop...
...1st case i change piping route from original route to straight route with border 304...power drop 10hp and torque 1kg/m
...2nd case ...i did change valve seal...so the foremen dismantle my campulley and distributor..eventhough he said he mark it..still i feel the power loss..dynoed my car..power drop same as the above ...

but if u didnt do anything than the power drop by itselt..mmm i dunno lar hehe

paolo_m

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
thanx for ur comments guys, i've also been suspecting that my adjustable campulley marking sudah lari bcoz replaced my head gasket b4 the 2nd dyno. So izzit logically explained that my 20hp horsepower drop is caused by timing marking lari?

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
i think in can be because of the distributor and the campulley...16hp drop for my case....u can retune your car to achieve it back...no problem...

KhonBaRot1

Nov 20, 2008
well.... hi cam + correct afr setting can gain +-20 horses, if the setting run, the power gain goes back to normal cam bench mark i guess.... mebbe this is what happened.... really luv to wait for experts comments...

paolo_m

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
i've checked my compression ratio and all cylinder is ok giving average of 11 compression ratio, except my cylinder no 1 (nearest to the timing belt) is 9-10 compression ratio, which i was told is normal for an old engine.. hmm i guess i have to send my car again for dyno tuning to find out whether can get back my 20hp except there is other explaination can clarify the loss.. bcoz i'm scared that even after another dyno tuning the hp will still remain the same as before which will cost me $$$ even without gaining back my horses..

ART///SPEED

Known Member
Jun 26, 2008
i've checked my compression ratio and all cylinder is ok giving average of 11 compression ratio, except my cylinder no 1 (nearest to the timing belt) is 9-10 compression ratio, which i was told is normal for an old engine.. hmm i guess i have to send my car again for dyno tuning to find out whether can get back my 20hp except there is other explaination can clarify the loss.. bcoz i'm scared that even after another dyno tuning the hp will still remain the same as before which will cost me $$$ even without gaining back my horses..
your compression test so low,4G93 STD piston with metal gasket 0.4mm got 14 compression test

paolo_m

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
your compression test so low,4G93 STD piston with metal gasket 0.4mm got 14 compression test
wah so high ka? bcoz previously i'm using standard gasket 1.0mm then after that 1 burned changed to metal gasket 1.0mm..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all Sifu,

Greetings, just want to know that If my car send to N1 for Dyno tuning or testing, will they really Tune my car to Advance?

thanks... :huh: :huh:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience