Honda Integra Dc5 VS silvia s15

subsevend

Known Member
Apr 22, 2009
I m considering to get either a DC5 or silvia s15 NA.In terms of pricing of parts,maintenance,stabilility,durability of the car and the resell value,which
one will be better?and which car gets broken into more or stolen?tx to all the
sifus for adavance advises! Hope i can decide ..

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
hi there

why s15 NA though? and not the boosted one

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
S15 with turbo is better. If you don't hand itchy and start modding here and there, it is quite ok. I regret for buying a NA car :bawling:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
TS, must consider the testimony from csl, haha

there are also a couple of chassis bracings which u dont get in the NA version, and if im not mistaken the NA lsd is viscous? the boosted one gets the better helical diff

things can get hairy pretty quickly in the wet with the s15 if youre not careful with the right foot

upping the power in the sr20det s15 is easier as well, parts are relatively cheaper, new/used parts are easier to find, and many chassis parts are shared with the s14

maintenance, just do regular oil change at proper intervals

dc5, dunno much

subsevend, are u the one who drove a 180sx? name seems to ring a bell hehe

subsevend

Known Member
Apr 22, 2009
thanks 4 d info so far

tofu maniac:yup,the 180sx converted to ferrari like.after 10 months,i ve decided that i need a car.A bmw seems to be under "banyak makan wang" and "bring many worries" category else i would love 2 get a BMW325ci.after much thought,and i ve got 2 years to end my twenties,i want a car that is fast,cheap,reliable and if anyone breaks into my car the only thing he should be able to steal is the player.I dont even want to change the computerbox.i want something less problem preferably NA,where i dont need to look at all the meters and drive.I m highly considering DC5 but people say very expensive the parts.i love to keep my car beautiful and i m not good at the technicals of the car.After 2 years lets say i get married which i definitely will,i would want to sell the car if my wife to be is not keen with these type of cars...so any advice?:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

csl: i ve had enough with turbo's...make my life difficult ni.

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
bro ... i saw ur car in perak ... under a bridge where some old school cars drift ... close by to lumut ... anyways get a DC5 if ur not planning to go turbo ...

Maz87

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
Well Subseven.... if u prefer for N/A DC5 n S15... im a S15 owner here too as my suggestion u get DC5 more better if is really goes to N/A... tats got no point n u will wasting time to get a Silvia with N/A...... if want S15 better get a turbo want then u will have a sexy n sweet driveesss..hehehe..... well as i know each of the car also got own secret of abilities...... hehe

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
subsevend, i think last time i bought a power brace from u LoL, remember me? hehe

btw u got pm

subsevend

Known Member
Apr 22, 2009
tofu maniac:i cant remember la bro,by the ways wats a power brace?:hmmmm:

maz87 and CSL: ok i believe NA is under powered but is it really that bad?i 1m scared to play with turbo.

syeni69: yup the new owner from lumut.quite a nice young chap.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
nismo power brace, mebbe wrong guy lol

JayDM

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2006
KL
Subsevend,

I've previously owned an S15 Spec R and I've only got good things to say about it. If you can get your hands on a well maintained one, it shouldn't be any problem. Nissan engines are built tough and can take some serious beating (ok ,moderate). The car never failed on me.

As for the DC5, it surely reigns the NA world and can, at times, give the TC-ed counterparts a run for their money. My brother owns one and it sure is a breeze to feel all that V-Tec kicking.

Maintenance wise,yes, TC-ed cars cost a little bit extra, but G-Force is just sheer pleasure:proud:

In summary, both cars are from different leagues but fun in their own respective ways. That's from my experience anyways.

Just follow your heart & make your decision

Happy hunting

subsevend

Known Member
Apr 22, 2009
thanks JayDM

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

The auto ones are a failure 2? any other sports that doesnt run on a turbo?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
Ur inbox was full, ive just sent u a reply hehe

350z auto is a nice one, may fit the bill for u...but strictly 2 seater :P got nice power, too...but parts aren't cheap

Last edited:

subsevend

Known Member
Apr 22, 2009
350z is xpensive man when it comes to roadtax and insurance ;) plus not my taste lor

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dddd I own a 1990 Saga Magma...Kinda pokai want to transplant engine la..

Is there any way to increase Power to the car??

Maybe Exhaust or I heard about the Zenden box or sumthin like that....

Will sports Air Filter help?? (I heard it will rosak the caburator)

Any suggestions ppl...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience