Honda CR-Z Sports Concept for 2007 Tokyo Motor Show

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

Honda will exhibit a lightweight hybrid-powered sports car at the Tokyo Motor Show (TMS) starting on the 24th of October 2007.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

The Honda CR-Z (Compact Renaissance Zero) is a futuristic compact performance car which maintains a small ‘environmental footprint’ through use of advanced engineering and materials. The basic concept of the CR-Z is slightly different to what Japanese motor magazine Holiday Auto had to say about its existence back in early June, but the appearance of the hybrid compact sports car will put many Honda enthusiasts’ minds at ease concerning rumors of a CR-X successor.

Honda press release:

CR-Z

‘CR-Z’ stands for ‘Compact Renaissance Zero’—an expression intended to capture the idea of a renaissance in the design of compact cars that begins anew from fundamentals.

This design research model of a lightweight hybrid sports car features advanced technologies that deliver enjoyable driving for all while reducing the vehicle’s environmental footprint.

< Exterior design >
Designed to be ‘Futuristic and Dynamic’, the CR-Z combines powerful performance in a compact form with a futuristic image. For its frontal view, an over-sized grill with a high-performance look is offset by openings on each side that lighten the overall feel. In the rear, tube-shaped rear combination lamps ensure better rearward visibility. Design details emphasizing the CR-Z’s advanced image include door mirrors that provide high visibility in a stylish form, LED headlights patterned after luminous bodies to convey a sharp impression, and jauntyfin-shaped sub-lights. Large, 19-inch wheels are ready for dynamic driving performance.

< Interior design >
The key words for the CR-Z’s interior design are ‘Hi-tech and Sporty’. The goal was to create an all-new sporty interior that fuses the liberating feel of airy spaciousness with an advanced interface that brings out the fun of the drive. Mesh material on a simple framework construction is used throughout the interior to convey a light, sophisticated image without being oppressive. In the cockpit, the meter unit conveys the image of advanced technology ensconced in a piece of glass artwork, offering the functionality of immediate recognition while enhancing the driving experience with a futuristic and exhilarating feeling.

Source:
7tune.com - JDM Automotive lifestyle magazine

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
dem....when i saw the interior..i thought i was looking at some ufo cockpit

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
the interior looks like the "Automan" show in the 80s..

I like the front "mouth", but the designer seem to lost it at the rear design...

cekau

Known Member
Oct 5, 2005
dun care how its look like .. if got for free .. everybody wants it ..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey whuts the cheapest best H.I.D kit I can get???anyone selling 12k HID kits...12k is the brightness not the price....Oh just cut the crap...ALL HID users please recommend me beautifull reliable HID units that i can use on my car(H4)...with an ok budget that is not too cheap not too expensive

note:a friend of mine bought a hid set,installed in hid new saga...but the light is not that bright...hmmmm
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience