Honda City Type-Z Owners Thread (Project-Z)

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
tjuan... i think if workshop said "they need to find it first".. most probably they will forget after a while.. hahaha.. maybe la... i kena edi one time.. one "reputable" honda workshop said they "need to find steering rack 4 me first".. but its been 5-6 months since last i called them... kakkaakaka.. but maybe its just that one workshop dowan money... hope others not like dat..

b16 convert for our car not sure difficult onot.. but our MIA brader ahchuan did it edi.. sure is doable. only $$ matters..

D17.. u mean the Civic ES right? i like that model of civic too. does it mean D series have a more matching mountings and parts location? its a good idea too.
does civic ES come with MT GB? a 100cc more surely make our car more responsive..hehhe.. good idea if same mounting and easy to do... prob is where can do it? and how much? the D17 series engine is newer engine... will it be more expensive??

tjuantze

Known Member
Mar 8, 2006
www.cardomain.com
I guess even it's a newer engine, if less demand, price won't be bad also. I think I've read that ppl have MT on their ES in ZTH. Not sure.
Well, 1.5 - 1.7cc. Don't sound too bad.
But if the your 1.5 engine nice nice...why change?

By the way, I got stung by a very well kept SM4 the other day. Now the image in my head. Market value is only within RM20k. If can get one already with H22A and MT GB. Wahseh..... dream dream..dream....

rayzy22

Known Member
Jul 6, 2006
aiyak...lately most posting are from tjuantz and donz...where is everyone gone?

sorry la donz and tjuantz...just got back from johor,out station during weekend,don't have enuff time to get the update on MT.feel like demam already...working full week till nite then travel.onli enuff time to sleep.i try to drop by pandan indah where the guy got the MT later this evening.hope he still there by that time.

donz...B16B produce 180hp,factory stock.second best hp gain from n.a engine.the best is from nissan 1.6 VVL neo...207hp.if i'm not mistaken laa.now jpj tighten the rules on engines modification...on turbo.need special certification in order to make it street legall...i know peps still try accessing through back door and all...but this will favor n.a engine.when it happen i believe the price will shoot up some more.

my dream is to have B16B inside the car...but it priced 2 times from B16A (full halfcut for EK9 around RM22k) and power wise B18C is better and quoted RM7k-9k.how i wish i can go to japan...choose an EK9 for potong then ship it to m'sia.sure the cost is more like having B16A halfcut here.

1.5 is enuff for daily driving and i want to keep it that way if possible.the temptation for B16 arised when i ride one...overtaking other like slicing cheese...d'oh!!!

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
ya lah become slow edi this thread... Project-Z tutup kedai ker? kekeke...

i think maybe nowadays most of us no extra $$$, so no point talking much..
me.. i just like to mumble a lot kakakaka... my project oso not yet done... since no time to do..

this morning i spotted a gold typeZ plate "NBD ****" with skirtings damn cunnnn... the rear skirt is not the whole bumper.. its like Wira SE skirting, only at sides (right and left only).. at front similar to tjuan front lip.. side is normal side skirt.. but really its cun... the car oso shiny and shiny gold tint.. owner must have waxing it every month maybe.. if only the owner taken out the stupid mudflap, then it'd be more cun.. stupid mudflap ruining the cun'ness of the car la.... seriously.. i oso cannot tahan see it everyday at my car .. want to vomit.

now my aircond fan no.1 and 2 suddenly kong. no.3 is ok.. its weird... i duno wat is problem. plan to open up dashboard some day... my car now bad condition la... so many thing kong... AT GB, GEDERK NOISE, now this aircon... it seems i did bad judgement during buy the car... no mood now.. :(

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
I guess even it's a newer engine, if less demand, price won't be bad also. I think I've read that ppl have MT on their ES in ZTH. Not sure.
Well, 1.5 - 1.7cc. Don't sound too bad.
But if the your 1.5 engine nice nice...why change?

By the way, I got stung by a very well kept SM4 the other day. Now the image in my head. Market value is only within RM20k. If can get one already with H22A and MT GB. Wahseh..... dream dream..dream....
i think if less demand, but not so less, then can be cheap. but if very very less demand, it can be more expensive.... and if high demand, but many available, also can be cheap... like mitsu evo 1-3 engine...

i asnwer u y chg to 1.7 if 1.5 nice nice.. is because want more powah! kekeke..

SM4 nice man... but wat really got me stung is the CF5..... or CF4 for that matter... oso can... hehehe...

rayzy22

Known Member
Jul 6, 2006
Donz...the w/shop open at nite onli coz the mech working else where during daylight.continue working at nite at others bengkel.

CF4 and CF5 damn cun melecun...drooling.got style,classy and fiercesome look at the same time...price very potong stim one la...hehehehe

tjuantze

Known Member
Mar 8, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Donz, CF4, CF5?!! You got stung by BIG HUGE BEE!
Hehe...me only want to look at cash car. So I only allow myself to be stung by small tiny puney bee.

Just imagine, if buy a cheap SM4 in cash, just mod a bit plus changing of wear and tear.. then I got a car that truly belongs to me instead of driving a car that belongs to public bank! Still have 4 years to go..sigh.. that is why there's a thought of downgrading to something older, cheaper and still just as good. What do you all think? Is it feasible?

At the same time, tired of the job here in Penang. Want to go home already. Any jobs there in KL? Haha..

Last edited:

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
tjuanz.. a lot of KL fren of mine migrate to penang for better jobs... i think depend on wat field u r in... penang is not bad since u can stay in mainland and houses there are so cheap.

tjuanz.. i truly support u regarding the owning a car.. buying cash is better... but then, SM4 quite old... but if u can find well maintained one, y not? i booking ur front lip aaa.. kakakakkaaa.... hehehe...

rayz, donz is not kaye larr... Don Vito is ... but donz cityz is pokai.. (not Pok Kai laaaaaaaaa...kekekekee).. only dreaming CF5 only kakaka...

Fatality

Sexy Moderator
Nov 23, 2005
As i survey in Puchong Mun Lee which is the biggest chop shop.. i booking a B16 Tai V edi.. he told me that B16A big Vtec is much more faster then B16B.. no doubt as i've seen before this cars drag before.. with the proper tuning sure will be a fast monster.. btw regarding the mouthings.. he said only need to change the rear ones as the rest fits.. AhChuan also last conversation with him he also said the same.. only change one mouthing.. ori Honda mouthing only cost between RM150- RM200 depends which size.. Any question bout this engine stuff can always asked me.. did lots of research and field work edi.. hehehe..

Happy Modding~!!

AhFat~

tjuantze

Known Member
Mar 8, 2006
www.cardomain.com
I think engine swapping is not just about putting the mountings.
Other things to consider in my opinion are:
1. The weight distribution. (left/right; front/rear) which will considerably affect handling. Unless its purely for drag racing.

2. Balancing of the engine during all stages of revs. Don't want the car to jerk like a rock'n roll star when I am cruising around.

3. Insurance policy might need to revise as they might not want to take the risk of such feat.

Just my opinion. But if you got the dough and the heart. By all means..go for it!

Enthusiast

500 RPM
Oct 10, 2005
it's impossible for a b16a to be much faster than a b16b in stock condition........wow the fella in mun lee must be a real fool to say that.....

if u talk about modding potential, spend the same amount of money into the 2 engines and results will still be the same......the b16b is overall a much better engine compared to the b16a.

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
hehe... good luck ahfat for ur monster...!!

btw, its mounting, not mouthing. just to correct the terms.. no hard feelings aaa...

B16 A or B i think both quite powerful... dem syiok ahfat... lately i see lots of City Type Z modded one.. i saw one Black Type-Z with intercooler yesterday night near Kajang... its Singapore plate... sumore while side by side at traffic light, after go green, he revv and hear BOV kepishhhh... waa... and accel very fast... the car tinted all black.. but minor bodykits.. which is cunnnnnnn... i drooling all night yesrterday... i can see he has a Spoon muffler too. dem cun.

tjuan.. i agree with u... quite a hassle to chg engine... now thinking to swap car also.. CF4 here i comme!!!! hahaha.. yea right! :p

ose2

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
Ahh.......... i just paid up my saman.... cost me RM200.............. omg...
need to do more OT again........... :(