HKS Coilovers - Need rebuild

Groundrun

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, as topic states my coilovers need a rebuild. So far only place that rebuilds hypermax 2 that I've been able to find is Garage R in Singapore.

Suggestions?

Groundrun

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks dude!

Just called him up and he is taking a look at them in 2 days. Hopefully I get some good news. He quoted $250 to $500.

Garage R quoted Sing dollars $420 for 2, but they are the official HKS suspension/coilover repairs using original HKS parts. Only downside is obviously the distance and their 2 WEEK estimated repair timeline!

I'll give this dude a go though.

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
If i were u, I would rather send it back to Garage R since you're saying they are repairing it with Original HKS parts. In many cases, there are suspension been repaired locally failed after few months or even 1 month usage, and owner has to send back few times to re-do. Most of the suspension workshop in malaysia do not have a proper machine or even tools to do a proper repairing job, but base on personal experience. I've seen some suspension ended up 1 side stiffer than the others, too stiff, too soft, leaking after a while.... Honestly speaking, do you really think local suspension workshop are able to perform a GOOD repairing job on those absorbers made by Big corporation like HKS, TEIN, Cusco... ?

No point wasting time and efforts and ended up u'll have to do the same thing again. Above mentioned its all my personal opinion, no offense.

By the way, i've seen quite frequent HKS Hipermax absobers' piston rod got rusty, the same thing happens to your's?

Last edited:

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
There are local shops that can repair and rebuilt the coilovers.. however.. it wont be the same as the originalbought new... and parts used are not 100% the same material as well.. its up to the owner's discretion whether to do it locally or send it to the authorized dealer..

Groundrun

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the advise guys, now I'm fully confused.

My coilovers arent rusty, they are makng this knocking noise. I have a pair of Nismo Type R's in my old car and the same noise was the same. Verdict, needed a rebuild.

Purely due to the fact that I am not in Singapore and with the shipping and transit time I will be looking at (close to 3 weeks) coupled with me not having the original suspension to use the time it'll take to get repaired I am going to try this dude out. I am def one to send it to the original manufacturers even though the cost is a bit higher but I just dont see any other way around it.

I will let you guys know how I go.

D22S

Known Member
Apr 22, 2008
So how was your coilover..i have a set of HKS Hipermax II rx8 need to rebuild too .. where can i get it done in Malaysia ?

MAT8888

Jan 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
TOMS sunway are the certified workshop to service and repair the HKJ damper. u can go there.
No : 1, Jalan PJS 11/14, Bandar Sunway,
47500 Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Mon - Sat (10.00am - 7.30 pm)

Tel : 603-5638 6333
Fax : 603-5638 6111

jazmie

Known Member
Oct 14, 2004
jb
Thanks for the advise guys, now I'm fully confused.

My coilovers arent rusty, they are makng this knocking noise. I have a pair of Nismo Type R's in my old car and the same noise was the same. Verdict, needed a rebuild.

Purely due to the fact that I am not in Singapore and with the shipping and transit time I will be looking at (close to 3 weeks) coupled with me not having the original suspension to use the time it'll take to get repaired I am going to try this dude out. I am def one to send it to the original manufacturers even though the cost is a bit higher but I just dont see any other way around it.

I will let you guys know how I go.
as my study...mostly user use this coilover face the same thing got knocking noise,
im planning wanna put it on my civic 92-95.....ist this coilover soft and smooth on street even hit pot holes and great ride when take corner?

Slowboy

Known Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
anybody have any experience sending for TOMS sunway. They also using original part from HKS as they're the dealer for HKS suspension.

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
on the subject of coilover servicing, since i have only owned 1 set in my entire life i don't really know when do coilovers need servicing. How do you tell when do they need servicing? I mean there are no visible leaks but i know the ride is rather harsh. The dampening dial still seems to work as well from hard to soft.

mrevo

Known Member
Jun 24, 2008
u may send to kepong, there was a shop repairing adjstble behind the maybank. The workmanship is quite good. my adjustable still good till now after done the repairs by the shop in 2009.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys my fren was asking wher to get those goldust not approved one..he wants reli damn gold dat cannot see inside the car one..he is driving a satria and he wants to tint the front both sides driver and passengers .. rear he will tint black film..so any recommendations wher to get those reli gold tint film..he said if its possible hardly look inside the car as though u have tinted two layer of film..
pls state down the price and wher to get..as i know those shops wont have the tint film but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience