HKS air filter

gavan

Apr 14, 2004
well,i heard that HKS filters, if not maintained properly, the sponge could be brittle and the dust could enter your engine. and also i read it somewhere whent hey tested various sports and aftermarket filters, HKS has one of the lowest filteration rate. the one with best filteration and also a good air-flow is the twin funnel filter from apexi i think?? is it? lolz, cannot remember, butthen thats the one with the best filteration without sacrificing air-flow ;) hope this helps

yeap... if u really wanna go for branded aftermarket air filters, i recommend Apexi or K&N... both also lifetime usage while HKS need to change the sponge when it is dirty... Apexi is lifetime usage with no maintainence... K&N also lifetime usage but need to wash and reoil after 50k km... sounds like a good bargain compare to HKS...

HKS air filter is good in term of performance..but for long term...it is not worth for ur maintenance...u hv to change the sponge every 10000km which cost u bout rm85 for original hks sponge

get Sard,Apexi,Knn,Blitz which u can wash....save alot...

evo5229 said:
hey thanyy every oneeeeee...........muaksss....hehe ....1st time so many ppl reply me...hehe...go on !!.....thansskkss yaa....but the WHITE BIRD wat i s carb or EFI??...im using stok......erm anyway APEXI how much yaa.....is it ok because im stock engine...mmmhrmmmm.....i will consider it..than u GUYSS
carb= old type engine..running without ECU
EFI = fuel injection engine..newer model...control by ECU

Apexi dual funnel should be around rm230 for new.....if used is below rm200

find G221 if u r interested wit 'SARD' used air filter...cheap but abit dirty...gotta wash it urself

white_bird

Jul 9, 2005
puchong
carb means carburetor engine lor.. the filter looks like umbrella..
efi mean electronic fuel injection.. modern engine like wira se, waja etc.. the filter is connected to the THROTTLE BODY...
for carb i think only knn got the filter but for EFI.. choose any brand u like la!! as long u happy with it..
cheers!!

white_bird

Jul 9, 2005
puchong
this is a very hard question ar..haha.. carb engine wanna use Apexi dual funnel.. anybody can help this lovely bruder here??? haha..

evo5229 said:
hey ....anyway things will happen ?? im using carb worr.....erm gv me some hin k...thanksss.......i would like 2 use APEXI....so may my car use to it..hehe,.,,,
oh..carburetor engine can use 3" apexi dual funnel

i wil take a photo of my fren car n post here

my fren car 1.3carb with hks imitation air filter....CAI some more...got stainless steel rampipe as well...cool......

We’re more than sure that you’ve asked yourself a question like this at some point; how much does the “X” car cost in other countries? Well, we decided to try to answer that question for the “Z” car, aka the Nissan 350Z which is available in most countries. For time’s sake, we searched for the price of the entry-level (standard equipment differs in each country) Nissan 350Z in 23 markets all over the world converting prices...