High Fuel Consumtion After Using COSWAY Fuel Saver

adrianlek

Known Member
May 20, 2005
sgor
Hi guys,

My car's fuel consumption has gotten worse after using a product from COSWAY - AutoMax NanoTech Fuel Enhancer (NFE).

Previously getting about 10km/L.
After using it ONCE with 1 Full Tank, consumption straight increase to about 7km/L
Stopped using d product immediately. I thought maybe after 1-2 full tanks of fuel will flush off all of that crap....However after 7 Full Tanks of fuel, still the same.

I want to know which part of the engine/fuel system that could have been damaged after using the fuel saver. Which part of the car should i check?

I only want to get back my original fuel consumption. i have learnt my lesson...
My car is a Putra A/T...

TQ

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Very difficult to say. Could be faulty oxygen sensor due to chemicals from the fuel saver. Or worse faulty fuel injectors

adrianlek

Known Member
May 20, 2005
sgor
Engine oil changed after the 3rd refueling.
No traces of white/black smoke so far frm d exhaust.
If not mistaken 97 yr putra don't hv o2 sensor....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe can try reset your ECU by removing the battery terminal for a while then fit back....

Have tried a few of these type of additives, so far have not ill effects, but neither have much improvement.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya, just marketing gimmicks..

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
I used this product a few times. It actually gave me a slightly better FC. But very minimal. So, I stopped using it because it was a hassle getting it. But I had did not experience higher FC after I stopped using it. I suspect it could be something else that is causing the problem u r facing now. I, in fact, used it in 3 of my cars.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i wud check the plugs first, and compare before and after result. i hope u rmmbr how the plugs look before u tried dat nanothing

curiously, did the engine got more powerful after u tested it? any difference in performance x?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Nothing that I was able to notice or feel the difference. It was just another marketing gimmick imo.

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Strange, i think it could be the cosway product too, ive been using it like for 6 months and quickly stopped when my engine started to make some weird noises. Brought it to my mech and he could not identify what is the problem, driving a nissan cefiro a33 2.0.
anyways the worst prob is my fuel consumption became very very bad, previously RM60 can get around 260KM towndrive, now only 200km++
alignment done, engine recently serviced, no traces of any oil leaks or white smoke. I still am not very sure about that this product could be the caused.

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
those fuel-saver-product, surbo, rocket-booster-fuel, magnets-over-fuel-line never fail to find suckers.......
Case in point: Some claimed X1R gives better milleage, some say X1R made their engine kong.......So unker so believe X1R they even used it in their lawn mover engine:dontknow:

oh, well, this sorta debate never ends...

For best mileage, the best (and the simplest) thing to do is having a gentle right foot....

adrianlek

Known Member
May 20, 2005
sgor
Strange, i think it could be the cosway product too, ive been using it like for 6 months and quickly stopped when my engine started to make some weird noises. Brought it to my mech and he could not identify what is the problem, driving a nissan cefiro a33 2.0.
anyways the worst prob is my fuel consumption became very very bad, previously RM60 can get around 260KM towndrive, now only 200km++
alignment done, engine recently serviced, no traces of any oil leaks or white smoke. I still am not very sure about that this product could be the caused.
Hi Hex999,

I just changed my fuel filter as recommended by a forummer on lyn.
Cheap fix only $45. Hopefully thts d culprit..
Will update my consumption figures when I finish my full tank of fuel in about 2 weeks...
I'm very sure its d cosway product cause tht was d only thing tht I used in between fuelling...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
All EFI engines should have O2 sensor. Your fuel consumption may or may not be caused by that fuel saver. Can't be sure. But I would suggest you do injector cleaning and check O2 sensor first. O2 sensor in old cars are the major culprit for high FC. I experienced that before.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifu's i am currently driving a kelisa which has a standard master pump,standard braking system for a kelisa. However my intention is to upgrade my braking system which i need sifu's advise on this to whether to change L9 brake discs,knuckle,master pump or the standard myvi one. Budget wise around RM 300-500.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience