Hid

nzh0920

Known Member
Sep 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi, wanna ask is that possible to get HID endorsed by jpj?
like go through a set of test etc.
i just fitted a set of ori projector headlamp with ori bulb and ballast on my car.

can anyone answer me this? thank you! :adore::adore:

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Anything more than 4800k HID on non-HID out of factory car is illegal. As police traffic might have their 'way'.
But as long as your beam is not glaring to the oncoming car, it should be okay.

nzh0920

Known Member
Sep 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Anything more than 4800k HID on non-HID out of factory car is illegal. As police traffic might have their 'way'.
yup, 4200k and not glaring, but can i go through a set of test and get some "letter of approval" ?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
no such thing as anything more or anything less...

any hid which is not factory fitted..its illegal

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
it's funny that non-factory HID lamps are sold new in auto assesories shops, while installation into cars are ILLEGAL.

It's like it's ok to import and sell drugs in the streets, but consumption is illegal. DUH???

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Ken yeang, same thought as me...if it illegal then don't allow it to be imported....This is all on MITI. THey can just banned it from being imported.

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
it's funny that non-factory HID lamps are sold new in auto assesories shops, while installation into cars are ILLEGAL.

It's like it's ok to import and sell drugs in the streets, but consumption is illegal. DUH???
no ppl force u to install the hid.purpose of selling hid at accessories is mean for factory fitted not some stupid normal headlamp without projector type.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

In the US it is legal to sell speed detectors, but is illegal to use, so how?....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Ken yeang, same thought as me...if it illegal then don't allow it to be imported....This is all on MITI. THey can just banned it from being imported.
Bro. TR,
I am in Logistics line. I think the problem will be how to differentiate the HID from normal lights, even though if banned, means every shipment probably needs 100% checking.
Invoice can just stated head lamps and got so many importers....:hmmmm:

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hid is totally illegal if not oem fitted, but to reduce the chance being attracted bu our local law enforcement officer, projector headlamp with 4300k might be reduce the chance being get caught.. but i wont guarantee it will pass the road block jz reduce the chances only

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
4300k with projector should be okay. Light is some what yellow to white. Probably after 5000k where the light is white then they will check...

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
but if the officer is experienced guy, well depends on his mood lo.... ive seen few cars with projector 4300k, the light beam is pointing down, they dun really care about it... i think what they care the most is whether the light temp and beam angle can blind ppl or not like those reflector housing HID, some more with 5000K color temp and above, that one confirm kena gao gao...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

u can use anytime u like...once caught...u're over.....

seriously...if anybody having a glaring stupid non factory hid coming towards me i'll be happy to turn my steering towards him/her and crash head on.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Royal Malaysian Police were presented with 60 units of the Chevrolet Captiva by Naza Quest to be used as the official vehicle for the upcoming second General Police & Special Equipment Exhibition and Conference (GPEC Asia 2011).

The mock keys for the vehicles were handed over by Datuk Maruan Mohd Said, the Chief Operating Officer of Naza Quest, to Datuk Amar Singh, the Acting Kuala Lumpur Police...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience