Help - Puspakom Gagal

Oct 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Okay need some input from sifus over here on how to go about my failed Puspakom visits. I had to change engine as the original was giving me problem (From 4G93 to 4G93). I naively thought it will be easy getting approval, but actually nope:

First visit-
Tinting failed, so wanting to do a proper job I left Puspakom and removed my tint at a tint shop. (Apparently the tint shop told me unless your tint is very light, you will definitely fail the test)

Second visit (A week later)
This time, they failed me on my HID and a broken number plate light.

Now I'm pretty fed up with this process already of going back and forth till I get things right. For all you know the next time I go there with the changes done they might fail me on my exhaust. Seeing that it cost money to convert back to Halogen and just to be safe perhaps the muffler as well, I called a runner I've previously used and he claims that since you failed before it's in the system so he can't help me as well.

So my question is - Anybody know how the best way to go about this? Will getting a Padang Jawa runner help solve the problem? Or I have to convert everything back to as stock as possible?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Okay need some input from sifus over here on how to go about my failed Puspakom visits. I had to change engine as the original was giving me problem (From 4G93 to 4G93). I naively thought it will be easy getting approval, but actually nope:

First visit-
Tinting failed, so wanting to do a proper job I left Puspakom and removed my tint at a tint shop. (Apparently the tint shop told me unless your tint is very light, you will definitely fail the test)
It is damn easy getting approval.

Clearly if you use a tint that is not 70% VLT front and 50% VLT rest, you will fail. I passed my Puspakom the first and second time with no issues. Change engine twice.

Retro fitted HID is illegal, of course they fail you. Are you one of those fucking retards whose HID shines everywhere EXCEPT on the road? Broken number plate light, duh. Its called an inspection, not look at your car for fun.

Now I'm pretty fed up with this process already of going back and forth till I get things right.
That's like saying you fail exam because you didn't study and you are fed up. Well, duh.

For all you know the next time I go there with the changes done they might fail me on my exhaust. Seeing that it cost money to convert back to Halogen and just to be safe perhaps the muffler as well, I called a runner I've previously used and he claims that since you failed before it's in the system so he can't help me as well.
Exhaust won't fail unless its leaking or too noisy or coming out smoke.

So my question is - Anybody know how the best way to go about this? Will getting a Padang Jawa runner help solve the problem? Or I have to convert everything back to as stock as possible?
Make sure your car is in order lah. All the laws and rules is on JPJ.GOV.MY. Already stated the VLT for tint, already stated no retro fitted HID. You break the law you expect to pass?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hahaha...apart from the item mentioned by Ixeo, maybe the inspector at the Puspakom kena scolded by wifey before inspecting cars that day...

What is said by Ixeo is correct. If car got problem surely cannot pass. The thread starter should do his homework before sending the car for inspection.

I got fren who sent his car for inspection resorted put up a "religious" outlook wearing a kopiah so he hope the Puspakom would "pass" his car

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

First visit-

Now I'm pretty fed up with this process already of going back and forth till I get things right. For all you know the next time I go there with the changes done they might fail me on my exhaust. Seeing that it cost money to convert back to Halogen and just to be safe perhaps the muffler as well, I called a runner I've previously used and he claims that since you failed before it's in the system so he can't help me as well.

because your own fault....

tint must remove,

HID surely a big no-no unless it was original factory fitted like high end car

number plate patah cannot replace before going in meh?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, have to check everything in order before inspection.....

One story from my tyre shop friend. He did alignment for small lorry, driver send in, failed alignment. The inspector told driver go to shop around the corner to get it done. He did and came back show receipt and was passed.....How?
Driver come back tell my friend the story and ask him to do alignment again. My friend say pass already why ask me do alignment again. He say after that shop do steering not straight....:banghead::banghead:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
because your own fault....

tint must remove,

HID surely a big no-no unless it was original factory fitted like high end car

number plate patah cannot replace before going in meh?

Got marney to drive car, got marney to use HID samore...........but no marney to buy number plate????

WTF????

Oct 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I went through the Puspakom website and thought these are the only things they were going to check. (Inspection Points).

Tint - Well looks like the cheap brand specifications are not accurate then.
HID - Bought the car with it. If I were to convert it back to halogen what would I need other than the bulbs? Is it a straight forward process?
Number plate light - This one I didn't notice when the car went in.
Exhaust - Will just swap it then to be safe.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Nebermind bro 006,

So now you already know the points that Puspakom would check on the car......so be prepared for it.
Good luck with the next inspection

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
comply to their requirement and get it pass. or later you will face problem when selling it or "touch wood" met accident....insurance company can void yr coverage.
Puspakom nowaday hard to "bribe"...just follow lor...no choice.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I went through the Puspakom website and thought these are the only things they were going to check. (Inspection Points).

Tint - Well looks like the cheap brand specifications are not accurate then.
HID - Bought the car with it. If I were to convert it back to halogen what would I need other than the bulbs? Is it a straight forward process?
Number plate light - This one I didn't notice when the car went in.
Exhaust - Will just swap it then to be safe.
Means you bought the car long ago when no need inspection?:hmmmm:

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
Hahaha. I got a friend who work at Puspakom. He also tear off the tinted to get his own car endorsed. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
Tinting very subjective but easy to spot lah.. the inspector will eye-ball first.. if the tint is clear, most likely can pass. But if the window looks a bit darker, jeng jeng jeng.. you know lah.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Tinting very subjective but easy to spot lah.. the inspector will eye-ball first.. if the tint is clear, most likely can pass. But if the window looks a bit darker, jeng jeng jeng.. you know lah.
The problems with tint is the shop will give you tint with 50% VLT, but if your original glass got a little like even 5% then fail already...:bawling:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
For those tint which has a "100% JPJ Compliant" feature when you purchase, just consult the shop that you are going for a Puspakom inspection and ask will they provide a retint option if it fails? If your receipt is still within warranty period, they should retint back for FOC if it is a JPJ Compliant tint. I got mine retint for FOC as nowadays almost all tints will fail at the inspection.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, wanna know is there any kia spectra user here? wonder if u can share your opinion?
is this car OK for general use?

around year 03-05

part will spoil easily? just heard from my friend, spectra spare part not that hard to find, just a bit expensive, is it true?

Fuel consumption ok?? example how many sen per km?

if compare to hyundai accent, which more OK ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience