Help.. Myvi alarm suddenly sound..

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hi all sifu.. I owned a myvi & lately i found out that my myvi original alarm sometimes sound by itself.. sometime even midnight or raining time..
Does any sifu encounter such problem.. please advise ya.. TQ very much.. :wavey::wavey:

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
Hi all sifu.. I owned a myvi & lately i found out that my myvi original alarm sometimes sound by itself.. sometime even midnight or raining time..
Does any sifu encounter such problem.. please advise ya.. TQ very much.. :wavey::wavey:
Is your Myvi still under warranty from Perodua? Go give it a checking at the SC :) If not then most probably you can get it done @ acc shops ;)

adlans

Known Member
Jan 26, 2006
How old is your battery?One of the symptom of an ageing battery.

- Just my 9 Cents, not my Nonsense -

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Good feedback from the folks here and I'm going to add some more since I had the same problem

1. Send back to SC for warranty
2. Battery possibly dying
3. Door switch malfunctioning (or could be bonnet switch)
4. Indoor cabin light short circuit or malfunction (mine kept switching on by itself until I had the wiring fixed)

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
Is your Myvi still under warranty from Perodua? Go give it a checking at the SC :) If not then most probably you can get it done @ acc shops ;)
HI Jun.. Tq for the suggestion.. out of warranty d.. hehe... duno should i go back to Perodua or Acc. and good acc shop in pj area??

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

How old is your battery?One of the symptom of an ageing battery.

- Just my 9 Cents, not my Nonsense -
Hi Adlans.. Thanks for the feedback.. might be.. hmm.. need to go check battery.. my battery oledi 1 yr+ d..:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Good feedback from the folks here and I'm going to add some more since I had the same problem

1. Send back to SC for warranty
2. Battery possibly dying
3. Door switch malfunctioning (or could be bonnet switch)
4. Indoor cabin light short circuit or malfunction (mine kept switching on by itself until I had the wiring fixed)
Hi Izso.. u oso facing the same problem?? hav u got it solved?? if yes.. plz share wif me which is the most possibility?? :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I had almost the same problem. I changed the battery and fixed the in-cabin light at the same time during the warranty period so that was that.

You can test the door switch thing yourself. Press the door switch yourself and arm the car. Hold it until it goes off or release and see if the alarm goes off. Try for all 4 doors, boot and hood. Check to see if the doors close properly enough to press on the switch.

For my in-cabin light, I had it on "door" mode and it wouldn't switch on even when the door was opened so that hinted either the door switch or the sensor or circuit was broken somewhere. That one the SC settle for me.

Honestly - I wouldn't spend any money fixing the stock alarm and go invest on a good aftermarket alarm. The Myvi is so incredibly easy to steal it's no funny.

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
I had almost the same problem. I changed the battery and fixed the in-cabin light at the same time during the warranty period so that was that.

You can test the door switch thing yourself. Press the door switch yourself and arm the car. Hold it until it goes off or release and see if the alarm goes off. Try for all 4 doors, boot and hood. Check to see if the doors close properly enough to press on the switch.

For my in-cabin light, I had it on "door" mode and it wouldn't switch on even when the door was opened so that hinted either the door switch or the sensor or circuit was broken somewhere. That one the SC settle for me.

Honestly - I wouldn't spend any money fixing the stock alarm and go invest on a good aftermarket alarm. The Myvi is so incredibly easy to steal it's no funny.
Bro Izso.. i have to same problem like urs.. the in-cabin light also not working sometimes.. even the door is open. the lights wont on.. how much the SC charge u for tis? Hope to hear fron u soon.., Thks. :itsme:

ONEshot_3121

Jan 21, 2006
selangor
Bro JT, i think maybe ur myvi merajuk d:biggrin:....since cannot tahan with 'his' friend got kacing sound somemore nicely have been take care by u compare to 'her' hehe:listen: just jk oni...bro check ur battery like Izso said swap any used battery n see how...im also facing same prob with my previous ride...change battery then problem solved

p/s actually im lazy top up air battery since my car stock kilang so forgot about the maintenance..at the end battery kaput lol:banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bro Izso.. i have to same problem like urs.. the in-cabin light also not working sometimes.. even the door is open. the lights wont on.. how much the SC charge u for tis? Hope to hear fron u soon.., Thks. :itsme:
That one they changed the door switch la. Mine was done during the warranty period so I dunno how much it costs

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
Bro JT, i think maybe ur myvi merajuk d:biggrin:....since cannot tahan with 'his' friend got kacing sound somemore nicely have been take care by u compare to 'her' hehe:listen: just jk oni...bro check ur battery like Izso said swap any used battery n see how...im also facing same prob with my previous ride...change battery then problem solved

p/s actually im lazy top up air battery since my car stock kilang so forgot about the maintenance..at the end battery kaput lol:banghead:
bro Oneshot.. hahaha.. yah lor.. i think will check 1 by 1.. battery then the door switch.. sure 1 of this cause the problem.. hahaa.. Myvi another fren oso merajuk.. battery dry coz din start for many days.. hehe..
haha. bro.. now at least got Free Maintenance battery.. more easier d.. no need top up water.. heehe.. u still using Myvi as ur 2nd car?:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

That one they changed the door switch la. Mine was done during the warranty period so I dunno how much it costs
Bro Izso.. alot of help frm u.. will go to SC to check it.. Wanted to get it done once & for all or else once a while the alarm will sound .. sometimes sound midnight while sleeping.. hehehe..

ONEshot_3121

Jan 21, 2006
selangor
aiyoo Myvi another fren oso merajuk???cepat2 pujuk bro:biggrin: my car sold d..cannot afford to maintain 2nd car somemore my works place is not far from my house about 3km oni :driver:so drive 1 car is enough to me:biggrin:
bro hows ur car???any update??what causes??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i hav bought my car for bout 4 years....
i noticed that my headlamp is getting faded n not shining like new headlamps....
it is a bit blur.....

wat should i do 2 overcome this prob?

if buy a new pair will cost about 300......

i saw in the market, they offer sum kind of headlamp polisher,does that works?
if yes,wat brand of the polisher that really works....

suggestion pls....

thanks a lot>......:shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience