Hankook V12 Evo2 finally here

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That is why when he upgraded his tyres and rims, light weight 17" plus at that time top of the range Goodyear Asy2 was recommended for him. On this change I did tell him not to go too far down.....lol:biggrin:
Yala.. I know. But at that time I was desperate for tyres as my Assy2 was completely bald already and all I had was the water drains in the middle. Everything else was gone. And I had no budget at that time. Dammit.. if you ever see your friend at USJ Quicksave there, tell him his AU5 is rubbish + expensive and I'll never listen to him again. Dammit.

Performance only Izso....Its in your blood....Its in your DNA....Plus these tyres are really a bang for a buck....Nothing to lose....:driver::driver::driver::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
You can bring the racer out of the car, but not the car out of the racer eh? Unfortunately this is true. I find it extremely difficult to drive slow in my current car. Probably the cause for my bad FC.

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
You can bring the racer out of the car, but not the car out of the racer eh? Unfortunately this is true. I find it extremely difficult to drive slow in my current car. Probably the cause for my bad FC.

Just do it Izso....Get the tyres....Then we go driving to test it out together....We same same tyres but different cars :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
6uest : Yeah a few have done it the way I mentioned minus the servo swap. They just live with the pedal drop. I can't. I need that feel from the pedal, not on-off. I've found a guy who can do all these things for me, now I'm just contemplating whether to do it or not. Cuz if I do I can forget about downsizing to 16". And if I forget about that then I can forget about comfort more or less. Cuz I can't really fit 50 profile now due to how low my rear gets when I carry passengers. And if I want to fix that I'd need to go coilovers (again) which I sold a few months back.

Damn Nissan, everything is connected to everything. Want 4-pot brakes? Change suspension first. Wtf.
Still can, go 205/50R17 and I think 215/50R17 can go in also.
Original tyre 195/65R17 to 215/45R17, smaller by 1.45% only
To 205/50R17 is 0.36% bigger almost same diameter
To 215/50R17 is 1.94% bigger, still within 3% ruling, will get more comfort but acceleration suffer a bit... :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yala.. I know. But at that time I was desperate for tyres as my Assy2 was completely bald already and all I had was the water drains in the middle. Everything else was gone. And I had no budget at that time. Dammit.. if you ever see your friend at USJ Quicksave there, tell him his AU5 is rubbish + expensive and I'll never listen to him again. Dammit.
I am always afraid when you all go alone. My other friends same thing, I negotiate certain tyre but go there kena change others then complaint.....hhahhahaha :biggrin:
That was why when you change rims and tyres time, I prefer go with you.
I actually wanted you to test Rovelo Sports A1, seems quite a few using and some good feedback, but you wanted comfort so the boss ask you take the Nexen....:bawling:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
To 215/50R17 is 1.94% bigger, still within 3% ruling, will get more comfort but acceleration suffer a bit... :biggrin:
I think 205/50/17 certainly can still clear but this size seems even more rare for UHP tires. This is the same size as std for the newer Sylphy.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think 205/50/17 certainly can still clear but this size seems even more rare for UHP tires. This is the same size as std for the newer Sylphy.
That is why earlier he was hunting high and low for this size......hhahahhahahah:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
That is why earlier he was hunting high and low for this size......hhahahhahahah:biggrin:
The CSC5, PS3 and now V12E2 have this size. So better get that V12E2 coz way much cheaper. There in LYN got someone posted the Hankook price list and that size is only about rm350. If check with the shop where bro Marv3 bought maybe even cheaper.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2978889/+1440

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The CSC5, PS3 and now V12E2 have this size. So better get that V12E2 coz way much cheaper. There in LYN got someone posted the Hankook price list and that size is only about rm350. If check with the shop where bro Marv3 bought maybe even cheaper.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2978889/+1440
First two will be way over his budget.....hahhaha
So now is up to bro. Izso decision, whether to sell the Nexen or use until bald only change......lol:biggrin:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
First two will be way over his budget.....hahhaha
So now is up to bro. Izso decision, whether to sell the Nexen or use until bald only change......lol:biggrin:

Just do only la Izso.....No need think so much alr....Go to the shop...Tell him i want V12E2 and take you money...Then settle...Then smile when u drive...Take corner with a smile...Get the feel of taking corners like on rail (which i have yet to try)....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just do only la Izso.....No need think so much alr....Go to the shop...Tell him i want V12E2 and take you money...Then settle...Then smile when u drive...Take corner with a smile...Get the feel of taking corners like on rail (which i have yet to try)....
You better try first, later cornering also not good then Izso come after you......:rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My issue is still clearance. 215/45/17 right now is super duper low when I carry 2 passengers (low for the rear). My worry is any larger profile will scrape the rear arch.

I am always afraid when you all go alone. My other friends same thing, I negotiate certain tyre but go there kena change others then complaint.....hhahhahaha :biggrin:
That was why when you change rims and tyres time, I prefer go with you.
I actually wanted you to test Rovelo Sports A1, seems quite a few using and some good feedback, but you wanted comfort so the boss ask you take the Nexen....:bawling:
Well, his 'comfort' recommendation is crap. It's no where near as comfortable as the Assy2. Should've just stuck with the tyre I went there for.

Unlike you, I don't print money :thefinger: Later change and the clearance isn't good I'll burn your car. Need to make sure everything is in order before contemplate.

Besides, my AU5 can't be worth much considering brand new it's selling for RM200 only pre-GST. Goddammit.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My issue is still clearance. 215/45/17 right now is super duper low when I carry 2 passengers (low for the rear). My worry is any larger profile will scrape the rear arch.
I thought low means the car low, higher profile will push the car up higher.
If scare hit fender got to see top space between fender and top of the tyres how many fingers.....:biggrin:
Next TT or DIT bring STD we check it out.....:driver:

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I thought low means the car low, higher profile will push the car up higher.
If scare hit fender got to see top space between fender and top of the tyres how many fingers.....:biggrin:
Next TT or DIT bring STD we check it out.....:driver:

STD??? :afraid::afraid::afraid::afraid::afraid:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Even though 205/50/17 is 0.5 cm taller than 215/45/17 but it's also 1 cm narrower tire so it might actually help clears the fender arch. Theoretically, even 215/45/17 should have enough clearance for Sylphy provided on std suspension and your rim offset is still enough. Maybe you can share us some photos how it sits now on the rear.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We had always believe that by maintain our finishing standards, our Zero Compromising Policy, we had nothing to fear. But this time round, we were scared shitless. We received a request from this client that had his car worked on by a well known detailing, so well know that the company is in many famous automotive forums. zerotohundred, lowyat, bmw owner forums and many more. We were scared shitless when we were appointed to work on a car that had undergone his so called "god hands" We were...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience