Hankook V12 Evo2 finally here

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
205/55R16 more common, probably price ok, but 205/50R16 maybe not that cheap and less choices, but then 215/45R17 really plenty plenty choices......hhahahhahah:rofl:
205/50/16 also still got quite a few good choices: PS3, RE003, F1-D5, Champiro SX2. Not sure if the V12E2 got or not.

I think for bro Izso if want to go 16, use 205/50/16 would be most suitable then lower the car further with adjustable to keep the fender gap small. The car would then look very low and mean, plus will be faster too! :biggrin: Use ori RPF1, then will be awesome! :driver:

Eh btw bro Izso already changed to 4 pot right? Can 16' still fit or not leh?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
205/50/16 also still got quite a few good choices: PS3, RE003, F1-D5, Champiro SX2. Not sure if the V12E2 got or not.

I think for bro Izso if want to go 16, use 205/50/16 would be most suitable then lower the car further with adjustable to keep the fender gap small. The car would then look very low and mean, plus will be faster too! :biggrin: Use ori RPF1, then will be awesome! :driver:

De-mod already that is why rims can go small again.......hhahhahahhahaha:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

205/50/16? Is that size rare? I need to talk to VR2Turbo on UHP/Extreme tyre sizes cuz I cannot stand this stupid Nexxen AU5. Just this morning I slid when I was cornering and it wasn't progressive or anything, it just slid into the corner. Grip wise it's not meant for hard driving that's for sure.

I de-modded. Too much work maintaining it. Gonna re-mod but I want to collect all the parts and this time get it right the first time. Front and back calipers, custom floating 2 piece rotor, master servo, 5-lug hub and that'll mean new rims. So it'll be a matter of timing.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
205/50/16? Is that size rare? I need to talk to VR2Turbo on UHP/Extreme tyre sizes cuz I cannot stand this stupid Nexxen AU5. Just this morning I slid when I was cornering and it wasn't progressive or anything, it just slid into the corner. Grip wise it's not meant for hard driving that's for sure.

I de-modded. Too much work maintaining it. Gonna re-mod but I want to collect all the parts and this time get it right the first time. Front and back calipers, custom floating 2 piece rotor, master servo, 5-lug hub and that'll mean new rims. So it'll be a matter of timing.
If going to re-mod no point change rims to 16" then more cost already. Moreover tyres are not much cheaper or maybe around the same price. Even though website shows the tyre size like those mentioned by bro. 6UE5t, tyre shops/dealers may not stock as those are not so common size. I suggest you just change the tyres using the same tyre size.
More over having used one of the highest Max performance tyres the GY Asy2 you cannot go down to HP tyres which is 2 to 3 category lower in performance but then you did mention want comfort so either you live with it, and drive half the speed you used to.......hhahahhahhahahha:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Hmm let's say not that rare but not as common as 215/45/17, surely more choices available than my 225/50/17! Wah lousy tires la like that!

What do you mean too much work maintaining it? Hmm change lug, floating rotors, and new rims, that will cost quite a bit.

If going to re-mod no point change rims to 16" then more cost already. Moreover tyres are not much cheaper or maybe around the same price. Even though website shows the tyre size like those mentioned by bro. 6UE5t, tyre shops/dealers may not stock as those are not so common size. I suggest you just change the tyres using the same tyre size.
More over having used one of the highest Max performance tyres the GY Asy2 you cannot go down to HP tyres which is 2 to 3 category lower in performance but then you did mention want comfort so either you live with it, and drive half the speed you used to.......hhahahhahhahahha:biggrin:
Ya better just buy the same size then. Waste money if later have to change rims & tires again.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hmm let's say not that rare but not as common as 215/45/17, surely more choices available than my 225/50/17! Wah lousy tires la like that!

What do you mean too much work maintaining it? Hmm change lug, floating rotors, and new rims, that will cost quite a bit.

Ya better just buy the same size then. Waste money if later have to change rims & tires again.
Keep 17" maybe can still mod without changing rims further. I am sure he will never go 18", as tyres lagi more expensive and will be using 40 series or lower......hhahahhahhaha:rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My setup wasn't that simple. The calipers were PNP on my Nissan so that wasn't an issue. It's the rotors that was a problem. The stock Skyline rotors had to be shaved down cuz the diameter was too big then the hat was too deep so I had to custom make some metal spacers (about 1.5inch thickness) to get the rotor to fit nicely then had to extend the lugs to fit the spacer and all that shit.

Only to have a pedal that sank a lot in because of the additional pressure needed to press down on the 4-potter. Then fitting a Skyline servo/masterpump wouldn't clear the parts that was in front of my ori servo/masterpump so I couldn't really upgrade that if I didn't move some other parts and blah blah blah.. it was too much hassle and the brakes were somewhat difficult to use because of the pedal travel.

Aiya, basically I approached the whole thing the wrong way and got fed-up. Sold the whole set and went back stock but with better brake pads. Not as good braking and definitely not good for aggressive driving so just drive slower lor.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My setup wasn't that simple. The calipers were PNP on my Nissan so that wasn't an issue. It's the rotors that was a problem. The stock Skyline rotors had to be shaved down cuz the diameter was too big then the hat was too deep so I had to custom make some metal spacers (about 1.5inch thickness) to get the rotor to fit nicely then had to extend the lugs to fit the spacer and all that shit.

Only to have a pedal that sank a lot in because of the additional pressure needed to press down on the 4-potter. Then fitting a Skyline servo/masterpump wouldn't clear the parts that was in front of my ori servo/masterpump so I couldn't really upgrade that if I didn't move some other parts and blah blah blah.. it was too much hassle and the brakes were somewhat difficult to use because of the pedal travel.

Aiya, basically I approached the whole thing the wrong way and got fed-up. Sold the whole set and went back stock but with better brake pads. Not as good braking and definitely not good for aggressive driving so just drive slower lor.
Then drive slower and keep your Nexen......lol

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
I am still fighting with my inner voice : Performance or comfort.

Can't decide
Your wheel size n profile will tell whether the nature of ur tyre is belong to comfort or performance or both.. e.g if you at 45 series tires... u will never get comfort vs one at 55 or 60 series...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Wow, so much hassle leh! Has anyone else maybe in the club done 4 pot conversion successfully in that car? Maybe need to get smaller 4 pot calipers and rotors with better pads so no need to change the master pump. For my Mark X the pedal travel actually gets much more meaty after using the Aristo 4 pot. However I'm also using Project Mu 500c pads and I did several runs to do proper bedding in. I've tried some other friend's X who uses the same calipers but with stock Advics pads and the pedal travel and bite was not as good.

I am still fighting with my inner voice : Performance or comfort.

Can't decide
You know deep down inside you are a performance gear head! Cannot deny that nature already bro. :) Problem is your car now does not have any tendency at all towards performance. I'd say just leave that car as it's supposed to be, and then get another car more suitable for you to play around.

Your wheel size n profile will tell whether the nature of ur tyre is belong to comfort or performance or both.. e.g if you at 45 series tires... u will never get comfort vs one at 55 or 60 series...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Not necessarily. The 45 or 50 profile is just a ratio to the tire width. So if the width of the tire is wide enough, then the sidewall is also still pretty thick, hence still can be relatively comfortable.
For example now I'm using 245/45/17, so the tire sidewall is still 11 cm hence to me comfortable enough. Compared that to 215/45 used by bro Izso for example, that one only has sidewall of 9.7 cm, 1.3 cm thinner than mine and therefore noticeably harsher ride quality. That 215/45 has the same tire sidewall thickness as 195/50, so about the same ride quality even though already profile 50.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Performance only Izso....Its in your blood....Its in your DNA....Plus these tyres are really a bang for a buck....Nothing to lose....:driver::driver::driver::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
That is why when he upgraded his tyres and rims, light weight 17" plus at that time top of the range Goodyear Asy2 was recommended for him. On this change I did tell him not to go too far down.....lol:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
6uest : Yeah a few have done it the way I mentioned minus the servo swap. They just live with the pedal drop. I can't. I need that feel from the pedal, not on-off. I've found a guy who can do all these things for me, now I'm just contemplating whether to do it or not. Cuz if I do I can forget about downsizing to 16". And if I forget about that then I can forget about comfort more or less. Cuz I can't really fit 50 profile now due to how low my rear gets when I carry passengers. And if I want to fix that I'd need to go coilovers (again) which I sold a few months back.

Damn Nissan, everything is connected to everything. Want 4-pot brakes? Change suspension first. Wtf.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Heres the answer to all your minor dents, bumps, bruises and scratches... say good-bye to them as Dr. Dent The Automotive Perfectionist is here to restore your rides away from dents and bruises.

Call Williard Yong at 012 238 1010 for a free consultation
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience