GTR loss of power steering

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
A friend related an incident at Frasers where a GTR loss control of the car and plunged down a ravine but the driver was okay. According to the driver, the power steering failed.

To my knowledge, if a power steering fails, it will just be quite hard to turn the steering wheel, not completely render it unusable. What do you guys think?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i think the engine died hence the loss of power steering??

:hmmmm:

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
even in case of power steering failure, it still easy to turn d steering when d car is moving ma..except like bro pomen GTR said, engine died.:driver:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
If PS fail. The power steering will be very heavy. You need to take into account the weight of the car. Even with the car moving, without the assistance of PS the turning degree will vary.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
I had twice loss my PS function at more than 160km/h during cornering at near Putrajaya area (night time). Nothing so difficult to control. But when go to park car, will get sweat even AC at max. Tire 235/40/18 R1R. The only 2 reasons will cause accident are:

1. Driver never take attention while driving and caught by surprise. Example like talking on phone on straight road and when reach corner, one hand unable to turn the steering wheel, sleepy and too late when waked up, incorrect driving position and unable to do quick respond and etc.

2. Mechanical failure which cause the wheel unable to turn although the steering wheel turn. Example like PS rack holder cracked and leave PS rack free float, ball joint connected to the knuckle totally came out and etc.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
He is driving too fast nothing else to blame, i drive my car without PS b4 for a week, parking it was damn heavy, driving normally is nothing a driver cannot handle, even fast corner, just like a lorry driver.

Other factor maybe something broke under the chassis that jam the wheel, or tie rod snap etc... No diagnosis of the car yet..?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
even in case of power steering failure, it still easy to turn d steering when d car is moving ma..except like bro pomen GTR said, engine died.:driver:
Power steering assist fail and engine died will have same effect, steering becomes heavy only....

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
it still can steer as long as the car is moving, it will be heavier but still can steer.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys. I am getting an ATF cooler for my Persona, sourced and gonna by it. Been wanting it since the first year of ownership.
Because whenever I go over 4000rpm during a hot day, it will rev another 200rpm just to change from 3 to 4. Not sure torque converter is slipping or the gears are.

Now, I was thinking during the process of fitting the ATF cooler, I wanna install ATF Temp Sensor simultaneously. Found a few on eBay, free shipping as well.

I am hoping not to drill my oem magnetic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience