gsr upgrade....?

4segiBiskut

Known Member
Dec 12, 2004
sungi besi
Visit site
i would like some uptodate advice on upgrading gsr....?

if i were to throw away my gsr engine and use evo one engine will the gsr components fit ?

what do i have to upgrade if i were to do this ?

mivec full upgraded-manual and gsr auto stock which is more power (in general)?

since gsr hi-cam is very hard to find in market with mivec head upgrading ,will it be eazy to rev hi-cam?

what is the best gearbox(manual) suited for gsr?

please give comment on any of these question tq...

yesterday while having drinks with my sisters friends this mother fucker tell me that mivec manual can tapau gsr auto anyday ,then we got into this big argument and just steped down .....so your advice will be very useful.

"my plan is to be the fast mother fucker behind the wheel of gsr and give a good repetition for myself and gsr user's "

Last edited:

[starter]

Nov 5, 2005
hi

heyy..u wanna upgrade ur GSR..?? wat have u done 2 ur engine..?? coz i've got lots of stuffs to modify a GSR that i wanna sell..msg me or call me if u r intrested..my hp number is 0123703935.

sta

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
metal gasket, fuel regulator, engine management, banana, 3 inch piping,
evo stuff - maf, turbo, injector, fuel pump
did i miss anything out ?

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Chill la dude .... there is always someone that will be faster than you. Dont get so work up. The 4g93T is a good and relaible engine. Although aftermarket parts are difficult it is possible to bring to around 250-280 ATW with stock internals. Then again with a FF configuration how much power do you want? What is your aim? Track, drag, Sprint...

DO a search in the forum, I believe that most of the mod question and arguments are there. Cheers

waikong_loh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
[starter] said:
heyy..u wanna upgrade ur GSR..?? wat have u done 2 ur engine..?? coz i've got lots of stuffs to modify a GSR that i wanna sell..msg me or call me if u r intrested..my hp number is 0123703935.

hi bro... o u s-afc & boost meter?

Nov 18, 2005
Reasonable upgrades

Yo bro, if you're having an auto GSR, the first thing that you'll need to do is to ditch the auto gearbox in replace or a manual. An original GSR gearbox or a proton 1.8 2wd gearbox would do. Bear in mind that you'll need to lock the rear diff if you were to use the GSR gearbox.

Now down to the upgrades. (ROJAK style)
Get an EVO ECU, EVO air-flow sensor, EVO turbin,EVO intercooler, EVO fuel pump, EVO injectors, boost controller, and any sort of management. (e-manage, afc, itc if possible)

If you budget permits it, buy B8 pistons, do your intercooler and intake piping and get a wastegate. Do not get an aftermarket or custom made intake or exhaust manifold as there are no manifold in the world that can outflow a stock mitsu ECU anywhere below 5500rpm.

Please ensure that you get a proper set of suspension, clutch and some Ngai Seng solid mounts. They do not make power, but are crucial for a fast and consistent e.t if you're looking to drag. Recomended clutch (Trinity with Exedy clutch cover). Recomended suspension. (APM adjustables. Cheap, comfortable and able to perform if you add proper antiroll bars.)

Get some strut braces as well.

With this setup and a boost pressure of 1 bar, you should be attaining a minimun of 220 on wheel horse. (Proper tuning needed). To boost above 1 bar, make sure you have a metal head gasket.

With the kind of money spent, I would rather spend i on a stock EVO 3 half-cut as you'll be attaining 220++ on wheel horse stock.

waikong_loh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
gsr 'rojak'

yellow_proton_iswara said:
Yo bro, if you're having an auto GSR, the first thing that you'll need to do is to ditch the auto gearbox in replace or a manual. An original GSR gearbox or a proton 1.8 2wd gearbox would do. Bear in mind that you'll need to lock the rear diff if you were to use the GSR gearbox.

Now down to the upgrades. (ROJAK style)
Get an EVO ECU, EVO air-flow sensor, EVO turbin,EVO intercooler, EVO fuel pump, EVO injectors, boost controller, and any sort of management. (e-manage, afc, itc if possible)

If you budget permits it, buy B8 pistons, do your intercooler and intake piping and get a wastegate. Do not get an aftermarket or custom made intake or exhaust manifold as there are no manifold in the world that can outflow a stock mitsu ECU anywhere below 5500rpm.

Please ensure that you get a proper set of suspension, clutch and some Ngai Seng solid mounts. They do not make power, but are crucial for a fast and consistent e.t if you're looking to drag. Recomended clutch (Trinity with Exedy clutch cover). Recomended suspension. (APM adjustables. Cheap, comfortable and able to perform if you add proper antiroll bars.)

Get some strut braces as well.

With this setup and a boost pressure of 1 bar, you should be attaining a minimun of 220 on wheel horse. (Proper tuning needed). To boost above 1 bar, make sure you have a metal head gasket.

With the kind of money spent, I would rather spend i on a stock EVO 3 half-cut as you'll be attaining 220++ on wheel horse stock.

4g93t 'rojak' as above spec at least boost 1.5 bar. i have rojak all this into my engine. my problem is fuel supply shortage even after install f/regulator. anyone can help.

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
sogo KL
WAIKONG_LOH

did u oredi install a bigger fuel pump such as EVO?
try check out its ok or got prob..

waikong_loh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
EvoGanu said:
WAIKONG_LOH

bro....
vr4 240hp fuel pump..... izit good enough?
after installed e-manage & vr4 fuel pump max can go up to 1.4 bar with 6k rpm cut. now, with f/regulator sometimes 7.8k rpm cut.... sometimes 5.5k rpm cut.... dunno wut da prob now ler????????

waikong_loh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
EvoGanu said:
WAIKONG_LOH

hi bro...
my car now worse.... i juz bought evo3 ecu. bout to install. engine check lite on. computer detected airflow sensor meter & air temp sensor.

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
4segiBiskut said:
yesterday while having drinks with my sisters friends this mother fucker tell me that mivec manual can tapau gsr auto anyday ,then we got into this big argument and just steped down .....so your advice will be very useful.
Those n/a runners.. what do u expect? they dont wanna lose in a conversation in front of those chicks.. hehehe... ALways with the fact that they can eat the turbo damn eazy... chill bro, u gotta turbine that spins, hell lot'sa power to squeeze out..

budget upgrade- evo turbine, hi flow fuel pump, wastegate, injectors, 1.5-1.6 bar boost, f/reg, safc, 2.5+3'' piping, metal gasket... n with this minimum mod, it will set u back around 2k-3k+, u'll certainly be happy with the performance..

another upgrade is,
bigger turbine, management n etc... but start with the minimal upgrade 1st... if u gotta lot of money, for sure u can buy anything u wish to rite?

EvoGanu

3,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
sogo KL
my friend want to sell wira wif evo engine...

call me 013-3553301

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello, I have car which is Myvi lagi best 1.3 manual that already finished it’s warranty so I thought I want to do some modification. So, i would wanna ask for the otai's advice before i go do something stupid. I've done some research on what to do but I want to know does those part really work or just placebo effect

Things I've done:
15" 6.5jj rims w goodyear f1
Sports spring 4flex

The list :
Spark Plug Iridium
Exhaust system
Tein adjustable suspension
Performance clutch
Lcp...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience