GSR Turbo engine + 1.6 auto tranny?!

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
can this be done?? is there any downside?? can the tranny stand the turbo power?? i'm referring to the 4g92p wira circa 93/94 auto..can anything be done to the auto tranny like using racing auto fluid or racing torque converter?? really interested in this concept guys..:biggrin:

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
i was planning to convert my 4G92 to 4G93T but only DOHC head with turbo. and retain the auto tranny. means, no need to register engine but still enjoys cheap road tax.

i am thinking same thing also PLUS whether the whole project is possible or not. but with regard to ur prob i think u may only need to change ATF fluid often with turbo use. maybe about every 3 thou km. instead of normal recommendations of about 20 thou km.

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
so bro u want to make a BOT project izzit?? well that's cool..maybe i wud do the same thing too..by the way i think thats a gud idea by changing the ATF more often at a shorter interval..better stil put an auto transmission oil cooler into the picture..but my concern is that whether the 1.6 auto box can tahan or not..coz i heard that it is problematic..especially the OD off function...u know la we all kaki lari one must turn the OD on/off quite often hehe :biggrin:...so how?? any suggestions??

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
damn the OD!!!

those EON boys told me the OD (also known as hand clutch) always koyak one... cost for new one RM850++. reconditioned auto gearbox cost about RM1400.

now i am running my car without OD. and everytime i go at highway, can only reach about 160kmh only.... already redline 6,5000rpm. but meter shows 180kmh laa... well, i dont believe my meter at all. at 160km/h my wife whose driving gen2 behind said it was only 135. tested with my dad's waja also same.

but phantom, really can do is it? 4G92 use 4G93 DOHC head and turbocharger? no need high boost one...0.3 will do. at least can run away at traffic lights fast enuff like SGTI :D

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
oh, i think i just need to change head to DOHC laa..

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
I'm using 4G63T w/ W4A33 auto tranny. So far so good. Stock GB can withstand 250hp easily. Anything higher will require a rebuild with performance parts.

BTW, I'm using an oil cooler too. Now looking for auto tranny oil temp meter. Heat kills auto tranny. Reducing heat can help to prolong the lifespan of the auto tranny.

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
zan said:
oh, i think i just need to change head to DOHC laa..
bro...on the economical and time consuming side..i dont think its necessary enuff to change to dohc head...quite a hassle dont u think??..furthermore it costs more..some of the guys i think wud just replace the exhaust manifold with the GSR's ( i think it wud fit nicely if i am not mistaken)..then do the necessary things..please correct me if im wrong..:biggrin:

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
ok, ok will reconsider. but i like my car looking standard as it is. to surprise those 1.3 and 1.5 wira, lowered with big rims and skirtings. not to mention loud pipes... he he

even ex pipe also must be looking standard.

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
well...hehe u got urself a sleeper there..:biggrin: ..caught them unexpected..wit auto tranny summore..so i wonder if ur OD button is functional and u can shift to 4th gear...wat wud be ur top speed?? wit BOT summore...i think auto g/b in a gud condition is very smooth for top speed..i think the blow off also will never have the time to work..full pedal all the way to top speed...no lag maa...hehe..just my thoughts..

anyway i heard that some of the guys changed to wira millenium auto gb?? is it any better?? then how much wud it cost??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i'd been told by my friend many months ago about this.. he said to me, to upgrade my 1.3 S4PE to 1.6 S4PH using 1.6 Campro parts, reasoning that got more power without changing to other engine.. cost around 3 - 3.5k.. erm, can't remember what parts are included, but wanna ask you guys.. is it worth for money? or CK4A Mivec is better?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience