Group B rally cars gone wild

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The world rallying circuit lost a piece of its heart when the FIA banned Group B rally cars in 1986, just four years after they burst onto the dirt tracks of the world in 1982 to captivate the fans and leave an impression that no other dirt machine could fill.

The likes of Lancia, Audi, Renault and Peugeot locked horns to be the top with even Ferrari and Porsche jumping in the ring with their legendary 288 GTO and 959 respectively. Group B cars were the pinnacle of rallying, they were featherweight, had nuclear plants as engines and sounded like a wood chipper gargling on electricity with teeth made of kryptonite.

However, being that maniacal meant that the cars were also extremely dangerous. Numerous fatalities among drivers and spectators alike lead the FIA to banning them after just four years.

While we may never live to see the likes of Group B machines ripping earth up on the dirt tracks of the rally circuit, there’s always YouTube to relive those glorious moments of some of the best and wildest cars to ever grace a rally stage.

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dFRhxsLfj-I?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

Source: YouTube via Autoblog

Attachments

darkness3299

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
KL
i truly adore those group b drivers and co pilots. for me personally, they are the most skilled and got the balls of steel to drives those machines. never get bored watching them even if its just on youtube or on the dvd that i bought.

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
these men drive not to get sponcers, they drive to live thier lives.. pure awesomeness

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello friends :wavey:

When you care for something, you want only the best for it. My buddy is of that breed. He came to see me as he wanted me correct his ride, a sporty Honda Civic. We then set a tentative date. His brother brought the car 2 days in advance. I was not at home.

The ride was well taken care of overall although with the alternate sun and rain prevailing, you...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience