Goodyear F1 Sport Launched

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Goodyear F1 Sport launched, even though in UHP category is positioned below Asymmetric 5, therefore should be F1-D5 replacement, but have gone asymmetric.....
1607412460385.png

Sizes....
1607412483517.png

Attachments

Reactions: Tom and 6UE5t

Needles Tosay

Newspeed
Jun 10, 2020
Petaling Jaya
nice, here's more from their press release

NEWS RELEASE

GOODYEAR MALAYSIA WELCOMES EAGLE F1 SPORT TO THE EAGLE F1 FAMILY

Designed for the everyday driving enthusiast, the Goodyear Eagle F1 Sport offers on-track performance while on the road

KUALA LUMPUR, 7 December 2020 — Following the unveiling of the Eagle F1 series last year, Goodyear Malaysia has now strengthened its range of Ultra-High Performance (UHP) tyres with yet another tyre range developed to offer superb grip, in both dry and wet road conditions.

Known as the Eagle F1 Sport, this is a fun sports tyre option with good handling and braking performance for the aspiring racing enthusiast. It is available in up to 22 sizes ranging from 16 to 18 inches and can be fit on mid-level sporty vehicles, to sporty sedan vehicles. Providing a sportier and fun driving experience, this tyre can elevate the everyday drive and bring out the best of the vehicle, giving it a chance to perform at its peak.

Available sizes
195/50R16 84V
215/45R18 93W
205/45R16 87W
225/40R18 92Y
205/50R16 91W
225/45R18 95W
205/55R16 91W
235/40R18 95W
205/45R17 88W
235/45R18 98W
215/45R17 91Y
245/40R18 93Y
215/50R17 91W
255/35R18 94W
215/55R17 94V
265/35R18 97W
225/45R17 94W
225/50R17 98W
225/55R17 101W
235/45R17 94W
245/40R17 95W
245/45R17 95Y

The Eagle F1 Sport tyre is one of the more affordable high-performance tyres in the Goodyear Eagle F1 series. This tyre is ideal for performance car owners who are looking to enjoy the maximum driving performance out of their vehicles, as well as sport passenger car owners who would like to make their everyday drive much more exciting, as it provides improved handling and braking performance. For the driving enthusiasts and aficionados, the Eagle F1 Sport is also an ideal tyre option for upsizing, as it is specially designed to increase steering response, improve dry handling, enhance cornering abilities and also give the vehicle a more aggressive appearance. This mid-range sport tyre combines Goodyear’s innovative technology on the race tracks with the durability and comfort of road tyres to offer excellent handling and braking performance under different weather conditions.

Alex Ng, Managing Director of Goodyear Malaysia said: “The Eagle F1 range is the embodiment of Goodyear’s long history of involvement in the racing arena. With the introduction of the Eagle F1 Sport, we aim to continuously uphold Goodyear’s manufacturing quality and technological capabilities of our research and development team, by providing more high performance tyre options for the day-to-day road user, at competitive prices for Malaysians.”

Precise and Responsive Handling

As with all tyres that are part of the Goodyear UHP family, the Eagle F1 Sport features a signature Eagle Claw tread design that comes with stronger shoulder blocks. Equipped with ActiveControl Technology, the shoulder contact patch of the tyre is maximised and its stiffness is increased to improve the cornering stability and steering precision when negotiating bends and corners.

Quieter performance

Leveraging on this unique tread design, this tyre also comes with noise barrier strips, which are made of rubber and placed between the ply and liner to provide a quieter and smoother ride. This design is enhanced by the availability of narrower lateral grooves on the tyre to further reduce vibrations and road noise for a comfortable ride.

Superior Braking Performance

Supplementing the handling precision of the Eagle F1 Sport is Goodyear’s DynamicBraking Technology. The combination of the Eagle Claw tread and high silica loaded tread compound with upgraded polymer matrix enhances braking capabilities on both wet and dry surfaces. Furthermore, an improved cavity shape provides a wider footprint for better contact and pressure distribution.

To top it off, wide rim flange protectors are available on all sizes of the Eagle F1 Sport, which helps protect the tyres and its rims from accidental curb damages while manoeuvring and parking, for added peace-of-mind.

Eagle F1, Born for Racing

For 65 years, Goodyear remains the exclusive tyre supplier of The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) in America. This is in fact one of the longest-running supplier relationship formed in the history of not only racing but within the sports industry as a whole. Goodyear is also the first tyre company to win 368 Grand Prix races in 1998 and has achieved 14 overall wins for the 24 Hours of Le Mans since 1966. Goodyear has also developed a new range of tyres for the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC), one of the biggest racing events in the world, being the official tyre sponsors for 3 major racing teams.

“Goodyear is no stranger to the importance of tyres and the art of performance. With the Eagle F1 range, our consumers should expect to experience our cutting-edge technology catered for performance on the racetracks, fitted right on their everyday cars for city road driving. As we continue to innovate and develop cutting-edge tyre technology for motorsports, consumers can expect for more powerful and resilient products to be coming up in the future,” Ng concluded.

The Goodyear Eagle F1 Sport is now available at all Goodyear AutoCare centres across Malaysia, retailing between RM294 to RM678 per tyre.

For more information, customers can visit Goodyear Malaysia’s Eagle F1 landing page at Goodyear Eagle F1 Page.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Goodyear F1 Sport launched, even though in UHP category is positioned below Asymmetric 5, therefore should be F1-D5 replacement, but have gone asymmetric.....
View attachment 579368

Sizes....
View attachment 579369

I hope the price is comparable with RE003.. then I can stop procrastinating and try this instead. In fact I hope it's cheaper.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I hope the price is comparable with RE003.. then I can stop procrastinating and try this instead. In fact I hope it's cheaper.
Based on just quick comparisons with RE004 prices on 16' sizes, it is cheaper.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yours will be in larger size, right? 17" then better go Asy 5 or 18" the F1 Super Sports

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I wonder how does this compared to toyo tr1? Toyo probably cheaper right?
If I were to bet my money, I'd choose the F1S because historically Goodyear has been consistently producing many of the best tires rivaling Michelin, while Toyo never really comes out with anything exceptional ever.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Things might be top of the stakes for their production cars with the 1M Coupe on the way as well as the brand new F10 M5 but on the circuit it’s a bleak affair for BMW, having broken many hearts by leaving the Formula One circuit at the end of last season. The trend continues as they have just announced that they’re pulling out their...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience