going to try out tufoil..

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
hi..

im running on a gsr engine n will be changing engine oil this weekend...so im gonna try adding tufoil for the 1st time...this will be the 1st engine oil change since my engine transplant...so far have been running for approx 1k+kms..during transplant, my mech recommended a lower grade engine oil since the h/cut engine might be dirty internally..so using a lower grade for the first time n making the 1st engine oil change earlier @ 1k+kms...will be changing to arox engine oil 15w40 fully syn during next oil change this weekend..i MIGHT opt for semi syn instead of fully syn since 4g93 enignes are famous for their tappet sounds...n most ppl recommend using thicker/semi syn to reduce the sounds...

questions:
1. shouldnt be a prob for tufoil to work wif arox engine oil rite??
2. can i just add 3/4 of a bottle into engine & the other 1/4 into g/box?? or do u recommend using 1 full bottle into engine & half bottle into g/box for 1st time user??
3. can i add tufoil into my g/box (or engine for that matter) at anytime or shud i wait till the next g/box (or engine) oil change to add tufoil together wif fresh oil?? its still a long way to go before my next g/box oil change...
4. im in penang..can u point out any dealers on the island side??

thanx for your feedback...

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Thanks wildboar for the questions.

Your mechanic is right in telling you to use a lower viscosity oil to clean up the engine first. But the oil change should be 1000 -1500 km to clear debris and occasional sludge.

It is always logical to use Tufoil with fresh engine oil or gear oil. Use 1 bottle for first time treatment. Since gear oil is at most 2 litres, suggest you replace it. Add 1/2 bottle or 10% into manual gear box.

On Penang island, visit Victory Auto 191, Magazine Rd directly opposite the Shang.

You can monitor performance and feedback.

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
thanks for ur feedback...i just confirmed wif my mech...he put 15w-50 the first time after transplant..thinking of using the same grade again..cos the tappets are currently quite silent (*touch wood*)...maybe will change to 15w-40 semi syn during oil change...

someone told me before that it might not be a good idea to use oil additives if a car is occasionally not running for a long period of time..like mebe a weekend car or an old folks car who seldom drive...since the additives tend to stick n leave a lubricating layer on the engine internals (something like castrol magnatec mebe), over a long period of time, it will 'eat' or 'corrode' the surfaces it is stuck on...i dunno how it does this, mebe chemical reaction?? my car is a daily driven car..so even if it is true, i dun have any concern on this issue...but i was just wondering...how true is this??

if i were to add tufoil into my g/box without changing to fresh gear oil, will it be ok?? i assume its efficiency/effectiveness will be reduced...i believe many ppl do this as well...my fren was full of praises for tufoil..5mins after adding tufoil into his g/box, he could feel that the gears were shifting smoother...i will add it into my g/box as well, as shifting into 2nd is starting to get difficult, a common prob faced with mitsu g/boxes...but i dun reli see the point of throwing away all that gear oil when it has only done approx 1k+kms...

and btw, my g/box is 4wd locked to 2wd..no prob to use, rite??

will try sourcing at victory auto...nationwide tesco departmental stores also sells rite?? i read in one of the topics dat tesco sells them cheaper..

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
No truth in oil additives eating into metal if car is seldom driven.

There is just too much hearsay in the Malaysian motoring world.Many times, the workshop people say that 10W30 is strictly for Kancil. This 10W30 viscosity came about in 1962 courtesy of Texaco and those Elvis's El Dorado cardillacs are 3 times bigger than the local Miras. Be inteligent.

Since your gear oil is still fresh, O.K.

A light viscosity oil to use will be 10W30 or 5W30 to clean up engine.

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
heres my feedback after using tufoil for almost a week...poured 3/4 into engine during oil change & the other 1/4 into existing g/box oil...

result: engine is noticeably more silent...but tappets are also noticeably louder...no difference felt in g/box...

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Originally posted by xtorm+Apr 2 2005, 22:01 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xtorm @ Apr 2 2005, 22:01 )</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-icecube@Apr 2 2005, 21:45
So the FIRST time use is put ONE bottle for a 4liters engine... then SECOND time use is put in HALF bottle for a 4liters engine......... correct? :D
[snapback]862733[/snapback]​

aiks.4 little engine?
[snapback]862754[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

opps.. i mean if kenari 3liter right?

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Originally posted by icecube+Apr 3 2005, 07:39 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(icecube @ Apr 3 2005, 07:39 )</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by xtorm@Apr 2 2005, 22:01
<!--QuoteBegin-icecube
@Apr 2 2005, 21:45
So the FIRST time use is put ONE bottle for a 4liters engine... then SECOND time use is put in HALF bottle for a 4liters engine......... correct? :D
[snapback]862733[/snapback]​

aiks.4 little engine?
[snapback]862754[/snapback]​
opps.. i mean if kenari 3liter right?
[snapback]863563[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

kakakaka.i know wat u mean now.........u r talking abt the engine oil :)

keanri is 1 little engine meaning 1000cc.......:P

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Icecube, for Kenari first time 1 bottle is O.K. and thereafter half a bottle.

It seems Tufoil really brings up the performance of a Kenari according to feedback from the ground.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Sometimes, it is difficult to put words on the driving feel of Tufoil in the engine.

To me. at times it is really like a breathtaking guitar solo. Very melodic and very beautiful and at times fiery yet romantic. What say you, Wild Boar?

KevMarea

Aug 5, 2004
Focalpoint,

I've just added a bottle of Tufoil 2 days ago and while i left my engine idling for 10 mins, i come across some up and down in the idling rpm. Is this normal?

However, I really felt the difference after that, very smooth accelleration but I gotta adjust slightly on my timing, it dropped slightly from the original range.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Tools :
  1. Screw Driver
  2. Ratchet
  3. Bolt size 10,12,14,17,19
  4. spanner size 12
  5. long pipe

• The tools
  • Picture explain everthing u need
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience