Gearbox Trouble for Evo.

dOriginalDappa

Nov 21, 2006
I have damaged my front wheel drive box.Looking to transform an all wheel drive box to front wheel drive.Anybody know how.I have seen it in action,a mechanic in my area has same engine but has all wheel drive box,with all the torque going to the front only.He doesn't wish to divulge his secret though,but from what I have heard, I have duduced.
1)The gearbox is an all wheel drive
2)A diff. from a front wheel drive box has been used
3)The bella-housing from the all wheel box was replaced with that of a front .. wheel drive.
4)The shaft that tranfers torque to the rear has been shortened.
5)I have seen it move and trust me,IT MOVES!!..

Anybody did this or know someone who did.All I need is a little verification.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
u mean 4wd gearbox? just locked it lo...but i dunno how...coz wira/satria all cant use 4wd as jpj not allow. so mostly locked it to become 2wd:_:

Last edited:

nova

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Nevermind lah. Let your mechanic do the job and make a living out of it so long as he solves your problem.:regular_smile:

soggie

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
Yep, lock the gearbox, and remove the rear drive shaft and all the associated gears and differentials. Makes the box lighter by 8kg.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
its a normal procedure, nothing special
we all do it when we convert evo/vr4 into a proton

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
just lock the 4WD gearbox lo. just like jinkl say NOthing Special. :) probaly cost u around Rm100-200.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
heck u dont even have to take out the gearbox!!! just remove the side cover, take out the 4 wheel bearing, weld it, and put it back! but thats a short cut.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I’m sure you’re among the millions of fans of the new GT-R that have probably already started saving for it so you can have the honour of being among the first in the country to own one. Knowing an enthusiast, I’m quite sure that you’re already dreaming of the rims, body kits, and tuning you’re going to subject the GT-R to. Well, I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news son, but that’s where your dream...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience