Gearbox manual 222 vs 312

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Ok guys, ive gotten the 312 gearbox from lan eterna for a good price(Full set+ original parts for err RM4.4K), so now my car is in the process for the gearbox transplant. I wanted to ask, what is the best exhaust modification thats needed to be done and also the price for it? I was told that to change my piping to a 2.3 inch direct flow with a 2.5 inch muffler, what do you guys think?

EDIT:
And you guys, your RPM at 3k on 100kmh in the 5th gear? well thats a bit high lol :D, but it still does save more petrol compared to the standard auto gearbox right?

Last edited:

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Ok guys, ive gotten the 312 gearbox from lan eterna for a good price(Full set+ original parts for err RM4.4K), so now my car is in the process for the gearbox transplant. I wanted to ask, what is the best exhaust modification thats needed to be done and also the price for it? I was told that to change my piping to a 2.3 inch direct flow with a 2.5 inch muffler, what do you guys think?

EDIT:
And you guys, your RPM at 3k on 100kmh in the 5th gear? well thats a bit high lol :D, but it still does save more petrol compared to the standard auto gearbox right?
ur car is in lan_eterna's workshop? i might drop by to have a look see.. hehe..
anyway, i think 2.3" piping without centre bullet with 2.3" inlet straight flow muffler is good enuff..
go find a nice muffler like Blitz nur spec and do the piping with lan_eterna also can...

mymax

Known Member
Oct 13, 2008

EDIT:
good.. is it the gb that i answer u via pm couple of weeks ago?
whatever it is, u've made a right move man.. congrats! :shakehands:

ur car is in lan_eterna's workshop? i might drop by to have a look see.. hehe..
anyway, i think 2.3" piping without centre bullet with 2.3" inlet straight flow muffler is good enuff..
go find a nice muffler like Blitz nur spec and do the piping with lan_eterna also can...
or u can let me know if u are interested with 2.5" apexi N1 or dunk megaphone.. :biggrin:
btw, don't forget to let me know when u wanna go to AG.. nak tumpang kete hensem!

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
No bro, i just bought it with lan, but fix at my mech, cause he owes me :D
Lans is a very, very nice guy. I really respect him, he aims for loyal customers , where else some other mechanics would aim for a one time cash "rip off"

and about the 2.3 piping+mufler, how much would it roughly cost to get it done? well back than when my car was auto, the old piping had a leak so i replace the back portion of it with a new one, i wonder would they accept 2ndhand pipes which are a kinda new as a small discount :D

mymax

Known Member
Oct 13, 2008
yes.. he is a nice friendly person.. even for the 1st time u meet him..

regarding the exhaust, the price is vary.. depend on the shop, material etc..
if u need one with cheaper price, just take mine lor.. 2.3" piping (ikut longkang)
with s/steel centre bullets and 2.5" ori Apex'i N1 muffler.. still in very good cond..
plan to change to s/steel piping and new muffler.. so just let me know if interested.. :biggrin:

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
And would a 2.3 piping and a 2.5 mufler would be noisy? I prefer medium, not extreme like those turbo cars, would make me car sick if driving long distance lol

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Thank for the reply, and to update you guys. I've redone the entire piping
+ a centre box and muffler.
The front piping they modified in to somehow be a Y shape and than joined to one, the exhaust guy said the standard piping is somehow slowing down the path of the air flow when 2 pipes become one, so they modified it into a Y shape.
Whole piping is 2.3 inch, and they used back the exhaust vibrator. back muffler is an apexi model, 2.5 inch diameter and a 4.0 inch tip.( Car now sounds like a subaru lol)

the acceleration is superb now, compared back than with the auto gearbox and standard piping, tested in max highway today and almost hit 210-220KMH. The ratio i have is exactly the same as this video
perdana v6 oren budak qpx 220 km/h!!! - YouTube

Right now i need to change my tyres, im interested in michelin, but some of my friends are use bridgestone and the grip is awesome, so what tyres do you guys reccomend for a 215/45

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Thank for the reply, and to update you guys. I've redone the entire piping
+ a centre box and muffler.
The front piping they modified in to somehow be a Y shape and than joined to one, the exhaust guy said the standard piping is somehow slowing down the path of the air flow when 2 pipes become one, so they modified it into a Y shape.
Whole piping is 2.3 inch, and they used back the exhaust vibrator. back muffler is an apexi model, 2.5 inch diameter and a 4.0 inch tip.( Car now sounds like a subaru lol)

the acceleration is superb now, compared back than with the auto gearbox and standard piping, tested in max highway today and almost hit 210-220KMH. The ratio i have is exactly the same as this video
perdana v6 oren budak qpx 220 km/h!!! - YouTube

Right now i need to change my tyres, im interested in michelin, but some of my friends are use bridgestone and the grip is awesome, so what tyres do you guys reccomend for a 215/45
nice to hear your mod is done.
wah. u sure can kejar auto turbos like me or any standard Caldina GT4..

what do u mean by vibrator? catalytic converter? nenas?
of course sound will be like subaru, with straight flow exhaust, it will 'release' the true v6 sound..

for tyres, ur budget is?
i would go for GY F1 Asymmetric 2, the best in dry and wet..

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
rm1600 for 4 pc of 215/45/17?
prices now are about RM450-500 per pc.
GY F1 Asy2 is a little bit cheaper than Mich PS3..
GY F1 D5 is someway cheaper than both..

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
GY F1 Asymmetric2 is better and cheaper than Michelin PS3.
for 4pc, it will set u aside about 1800-2000 la.
if u want cheaper but still very good, go for GY F1 Directional 5.

this is based on prices discussed in Autoworld..

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
actually. 222 has taller ratio (longer), 312 is shorter.
from what i gather from borak2 with ppl who uses 222 and 312, mechanic and R3 rally mechanic, i gather that:
1. acceleration - 312 superb, 222 normal.
2. cruising @100kmh - 312 more than 3000rpm, 222 at around 2800rpm
3. FC - 312 better in town, 222 better in hiway.
4. price - 312 more about rm1k
5. 222 usually from 6A11 (1.8). 312 got 2 versions/different codes - one from 6A12 NA, 1 from 6A12 NA Mivec (even better).
and ppl call 222 as gearbox 'termenung' where it'll take a while to get u to top speed.

so based on that, if u have 222 or 312, it's your choice.
if u wanna save money and just get normal manual box, just get 222.
Hi just wanna ask

comparing 6a12 std auto 3000rpm@120km/h with (estimated with facts quoted)6a12 manual 312 3200/3300rpm@120km/h

doesn't it means that the std auto have better FC in highway compared to the 312 ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The main question of the cars owners whether it is necessary to wash engine or not. Let's find concrete arguments for and against washing the engine.

Oh gosh... Never wash before because afraid might harm the parts.

Look at the dirt accumulated after 12 years when owner obtained the car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience