Fuel Supply or Other problem

epj7900

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Johor Bahru
Greetings Sifus,

I hope to seek some advice.

As I have posted before on 4G63T Engine Block. Just to inform all that my car is almost done but I have a query.

My engine had been started and now I noticed that my Banana Manifold glows red in a short while. Any particular reason. It is the normal steel type and not the stainless steel. I have wrapped is with Thermal Wrap. Just after one round of testing - around the factory lot it's glwoing red. Even got flames !

Secondly I have fuel supply problem ! I suppose. The boost is at 0.7 bar and I have a SARD fuel pressure regulator. It is set at 3 bar. I am unable to hit 4k RPM because there seems to be fuel lag. WHen I rev the idling also does not come back to normal. Does the wastegate open when we ram at still ? Or is it only supposed to open when you are on the move ?

I need some professional advice on what are the areas I need to check. Plugs are new NGK Iriway 8. All injectors are original.

Thanks in advance people !

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
got flames at ur manifold? O_O

could be you are running extremely lean / have ignition timing issues. good luck! let us know whats up with it

epj7900

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Johor Bahru
Ignition timing - could be the possible reason. Because engine is okay when we start - good idling but after pressing till 4 - 5K rpm it seems to come back unstable.

As you know I just did my overhaul - The engine had been left for days for running in. It has been stable. When it came down for testing thats when the issue started.

Initially it was very light.. I mean after getting rid of the balance shaft and doing engine balancing - the engine was cekap. Now it seems heavy.. I know it's got to do with the timing and fuel supply. Anyhow I suppose have to plug in the diagnostic tool to check the fuel burning.

Will update you guys.. but please also give me areas which could be the possible cause.

Cheers

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
3 BAR (44PSI) is a bit too high for your engine. I have installed and tuned a lot of 4G63T (VR4, EVOs) and 4G93T GSRs. Not one of them use anything above 44PSI no matter how big their turbo is. One EVO3 even run as low as 31PSI and one GSR 28PSI - tried and tested. So it might be a good idea tu tune down the fuel pressure a bit to around 36PSI and test it out.

Another thing is, you are running Cold Plug rating 8, so expect to see your engine behave weirdly while it is still not operating at maximum temp. It might be a good idea to set the ignition timing a bit Adcanced too.

Hope this helps.

epj7900

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Johor Bahru
EFN said:
3 BAR (44PSI) is a bit too high for your engine. I have installed and tuned a lot of 4G63T (VR4, EVOs) and 4G93T GSRs. Not one of them use anything above 44PSI no matter how big their turbo is. One EVO3 even run as low as 31PSI and one GSR 28PSI - tried and tested. So it might be a good idea tu tune down the fuel pressure a bit to around 36PSI and test it out.

Another thing is, you are running Cold Plug rating 8, so expect to see your engine behave weirdly while it is still not operating at maximum temp. It might be a good idea to set the ignition timing a bit Adcanced too.

Hope this helps.
Somehow the problem had been solved.

It was the airflow sensor.

Very strange but after we took it out and cleaned it. It was perfect. But my Banana Manifold wastegate pipe broke. I suppose due to extreme heat.

Anyhow now they have sent it for welding.

I have reduced the fuel pressure to 2.8bar. Seems okay.

Thanks dude ! Cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

has anyone experienced smoking brakes?? after a couple of hard stops
came to a complete halt.... at gas station.... saw there was smoke coming
from the tyres.....scary man i tot the engine was on fire.... open the hood nothing.... check the tyres.... got some tyre smell..... must be the brakes.... cuz
tyre smoke shud dissapear within 15 seconds..... and tyre smoke
is very very thick...... with that distinct rubber smell..... check the
hydraulic lines and filler level everything ok...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience