front lowerarm making noise

Poorman

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
dear all please advise me about the lowerarm problem. first of all, my suspension was fine and silent. the noise occurred after i changed my so called 'crossmammo'. i thought the noise is come from the 'crossmammo' but i have asked few mechanics checked it. according to them, the noise is from front lower arm, is it possible. if it is where can i get original mitsubishi lowerarm and how much is it? if proton original one ,how much is it and can it be lasting?? please help. by the way i am driving a putra. the noise is like anti-roll bar hit the 'crossmammo' noise. thank you for all the sifu.

Poorman

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
thank's bro. i thought we can only change 1 or 2 bushes, there is 1 bush cannot be change is it?if you know where to change please intro to me.

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
bro you better change the lower arm...if you change the bush of the arm..u still need to change the ball joint bush...yesterday i just change a pair lower arm...it feel a lot better then the old 1....no sound...at all....handle a lot better too...

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
bro, if ur driving a proton. maybe u can opt for a evo3 lower arm. and get PU bushes. im telling u, its a whole different feeling :) u'll feel that the car is more solid. i tested my club members waja with stock suspension. just all the bushes changed to PU, its like omg....

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
crossmember dont have relate to lower arm, just got 2 engine mounting locate on it, about the lower arm, if the ball joint is okay then just replace bush thats enuff, otherswise check your stabilizer bush and the stering rack bush as well

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
yup, change the lower arm, mine just change and the noise already gone, buy the lower arm from halfcut..

Poorman

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
thank's all. xbalance 2002: where did you purchase your lower arms?from chop shop or proton ori or OEM one?zamiex: how much you purchased from the chop shop?mengZ: thank's for your advised but don know where to get evo 3 lower arm with good condition..

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
forgot laa how much.. but around rm50-70 if not mistaken.. dunno from what car, i think mitsu, but works perfectly

jswong

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
Ya, if the lower arm ball joint is shot, you will get a grating or scraping noise that sounds as if your shock absorbers are terribly damaged.

If wanna change, change straight away to a much stronger one, like Evo lower arms.. preferably together with the anti-roll bar as well!

If wanna sell off car, just cincai get one from half-cut shop and stick it in.

riz2005

Known Member
Aug 1, 2005
malaysia
we can change stering rack bush? where is it? inner bush? or out.... i have change lower arm, driveshaf but still noise...especially when i take right corner on the bad road.... sound like.. kuk..kuk..kuk...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey to all, quick question... my car is like the very very low end model of the Kelisa series. So, sadly it doesn't have any of the everyday car needs such as central locking, power windows, and power mirrors (actually everythin also have to do manual wei, which is quite sad I tell ya). Anyways, just wanna ask all y'all a question, other than the crappy Brothers accessory shops, are there any other good and recommended accessory shops around SJ/Sunway/KJ area? Don't wanna bring it to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience