Ford Fiesta

driftstreet_911

Nov 5, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all bro forums,

I need your professional advise,
I had an accident with my car, ford fiesta.
It was raining and the road stuck full with rain water...
And my car brake down, i suspect the rain water flow in to my engine.
Kind a lot of these black oil coming out from the bottom of the egine.
can it be fix? or any other possibility? roughly how much it may cost?

Thank all bro.
:adore:

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor
is your Fiesta still under warranty? if yes, maybe you can give a check and said "my car brake down, i suspect the heavy rain water flow in to my engine. Kind a lot of these black oil coming out from the bottom of the engine". there is nothing wrong by asking them.

aivenrolx

Known Member
Jul 30, 2008
How fast was u driving..
I think the worst is engine need to replace it since u stated that oil coming from the bottom of engine

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
maybe the water is washing of the dirt :biggrin: .. its better to have a check in the ford service center

driftstreet_911

Nov 5, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
sent to ford service, really upset already.
need to overhaul... 20k++ for replacing the parts * as in rough figure
Where to find the money oh???
Wtf?!

nyne

Known Member
May 21, 2013
selangor
sent to ford service, really upset already.
need to overhaul... 20k++ for replacing the parts * as in rough figure
Where to find the money oh???
Wtf?!
I knew the Ford gonna say tht, easy way out. but most of the car company service center would say tht. maybe you could do outside Ford. Try to survey different workshop who are expert in Ford. Most of the time they will advice you and wht are the things that need to be change. It will be much cheaper though.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Theres one time my dad and i when to service his Landy at Land Rover SC. He saw a Range Rover Vogue 2006 the whole engine compartment was out from the body. He ask the service manager "what happen to the Vogue?" manager said "water flow into the engine because he park his car in his apartment basement, it was flooded that time. The engine need to be overhaul". My dad ask him how much does it cost to overhaul. He said "RM250,000". I was shock when i hear tht. my dad almost had a heart attack. No joking of owning a continental car. damn, your whole saving finish on the car. :banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Tow your car out of the SC and go to a halfcut shop, buy a halfcut engine, get a mechanic to service the engine and install into your Fiesta. Sell old engine and/or scavenge for parts. Water entering the engine especially if the engine is running means piston or cylinder damage which probably means block damage. It'll be impractical to repair at SC cuz they do nothing but rip people off. If you want to DIY it'll be slower to fix but you'll learn to rebuild your engine inside and out.

Get a second opinion. Don't just follow the SCs advice.

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Bro driftstreet_911, you went thru flooded road? Im just curious how does water gets into engine except from TB>Intake manifold, is there other way for water to get into engine when is heavy rain?

bLACKjAC

Known Member
Aug 11, 2007
Bro driftstreet_911, you went thru flooded road? Im just curious how does water gets into engine except from TB>Intake manifold, is there other way for water to get into engine when is heavy rain?
If you decelerate when going through water, water may go in from exhaust pipe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

$$$ makes POWER??
Or
Knowledge makes power??

Which one u all think can make ur car power??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience