Food Talk...Eat, Eat & Eat.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Funny Mountain Soya Bean milk drink in Ipoh

Look at the cars queue up

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

vr..
yeah thats the one, old couple's char kuew teow......but hardly see them anymore....
when wanna eat always closed.
Was it after CNY, I think they went for holiday. Every year that is the time they relax. This couple very hard working. Morning they are at the restaurant opposite wet market, then at night in this coffee shop, but most of the time is opened....

Let you know another since you are from Manja. If you come out from Taman Sri Sentosa to Old Klang Road, just before the traffic lights got one row of shops on the right (before Used Car Lot). Turn in and the coffee shop is on the right hand corner. The char kuew teow there also not bad, only a bit wet but tasty...:biggrin:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
yeah that soya bean stall, dunno wat so great about it, my car was sandwhich in between before
had to force my way out from the que. was parking somewhere near the motorbikes in the 2nd pic.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

vr..which traffic lights? near the balai bomba ah?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Funny Mountain Soya Bean milk drink in Ipoh

Look at the cars queue up

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Was it after CNY, I think they went for holiday. Every year that is the time they relax. This couple very hard working. Morning they are at the restaurant opposite wet market, then at night in this coffee shop, but most of the time is opened....

Let you know another since you are from Manja. If you come out from Taman Sri Sentosa to Old Klang Road, just before the traffic lights got one row of shops on the right (before Used Car Lot). Turn in and the coffee shop is on the right hand corner. The char kuew teow there also not bad, only a bit wet but tasty...:biggrin:
Yup, that's the Soya Bean stall, it may look like normal Soya Bean but the taste of it is real smooth, tau fu fa is nothing special to me, but Soya bean quite smooth.

But then, that's just human, if there is a long queue, everyone will queue up for it, end up, slowly
it became famous naturally :rofl:

I like it dry, don't like it wet. Looks too oily to eat. Feel geli and usually I cant finish it :rofl:
Prefer penang style with Lap Cheong type. Not the slices of fish cake type...yukes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vr2turbo:
We can go this saturday for USJ bak Kut teh :listen: :biggrin:

Another chicken rice you guys can try, at Kelana Jaya, just right after kelana jaya station on the left in those housing area at a corner
shop lot. Overall is nothing much special but the homemade Chili Sauce is the specialty, taste real good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Restoran Yat Yeh Hing (Bentong Chicken Rice Shop)

Actually taste quite the same with Ipoh Chicken Rice :biggrin:

I use LDP quite often but never realised this restaurant have such a good chicken rice.
Is a seafood restaurant at night and it seems their chicken rice sells pretty fast.

Is located right after Kelana Jaya LRT station, just pay attention to the left after
passing by the station. You will see a row of shop lots, slow down, you will come
to a turning soon. So, best to slow down as you dont want to do a sudden brake
where others will be kissing your ass later.

Looks better than the Chickens at Onn Kee Ipoh? Well, photos are always photos. Got to really
go see it ourselves right? :biggrin:

Looks good in photos, guess it taste real good too.

Went to TT before overthere with a few members, 5115, TitanRev & Wife, mokomoko, JINEIL2EN and others came later but I had to leave earlier so couldnt wait for JINEIL2EN who came later.

This is the sauce, I didn't had enough that I topped up for like 3 times I think. This TT place
was recommended by bro mokomoko. Is actually the sauce that makes the chicken taste
better but then the chicken got to taste good too. Is soft and smooth as well. Standard as
good as Onn Kee Chicken Rice in Ipoh.

Last edited:

Neo_

Known Member
Sep 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
[vr2turbo;1064286829]Bro. Neo,
In Klang, eat chicken rice in V Garden restaurant. Yup, the restaurant at Hokkien association there. But have to book, because they cook only when there is order, but need to go in bigger group and they don't do single helping. Went there twice with colleagues, table of 10. Of course we order other makan also...:biggrin:[/quote
]

bro,this is the first time i acctually hear this.so long in klang never heard aso.
shud go and try ..waitress preety o not :PP:biggrin: XD

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
[vr2turbo;1064286829]Bro. Neo,
In Klang, eat chicken rice in V Garden restaurant. Yup, the restaurant at Hokkien association there. But have to book, because they cook only when there is order, but need to go in bigger group and they don't do single helping. Went there twice with colleagues, table of 10. Of course we order other makan also...:biggrin:[/quote
]

bro,this is the first time i acctually hear this.so long in klang never heard aso.
Waitress surely pretty, when comes to restaurant like chicken rice and bak kut teh. If you are into Indonesians or Philippines girls la :rofl: depends if it is your type :biggrin: :vroam:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yeah that soya bean stall, dunno wat so great about it, my car was sandwhich in between before
had to force my way out from the que. was parking somewhere near the motorbikes in the 2nd pic.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

vr..which traffic lights? near the balai bomba ah?
The soya bean drink is thick and smooth. Sold out very early so very fresh too....:biggrin:

Last traffic light out to Old Klang Road, where the used car is.....

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

SF,
tried the chicken rice at the shop u mentioned...very nice.
I don't quite like the chicken there, in Cantonese, "no chicken taste" The flesh do not have strong chicken taste...

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

First time I was shocked too. What? eat chicken rice in Restaurant? My friend who took us there ordered in advance. The rice and chicken really good.
Second time I took my colleagues there. When arrive they also ask me, Aren't we going for chicken rice? why come to this restaurant? I had ordered in advance and they love it too.
But have not been there for a while, hope they still have this chicken rice on menu....

Well, for waitress try luck loh! If got new young ones then you are in luck, however last time all wear cheongsan with very high side slit.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

I like it dry, don't like it wet. Looks too oily to eat. Feel geli and usually I cant finish it :rofl:
Prefer penang style with Lap Cheong type. Not the slices of fish cake type...yukes.
I thought Penang style now all with Giant Prawns.....:biggrin:

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The soya bean drink is thick and smooth. Sold out very early so very fresh too....:biggrin:

Last traffic light out to Old Klang Road, where the used car is.....

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

I don't quite like the chicken there, in Cantonese, "no chicken taste" The flesh do not have strong chicken taste...

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

First time I was shocked too. What? eat chicken rice in Restaurant? My friend who took us there ordered in advance. The rice and chicken really good.

Second time I took my colleagues there. When arrive they also ask me, Aren't we going for chicken rice? why come to this restaurant? I had ordered in advance and they love it too.
But have not been there for a while, hope they still have this chicken rice on menu....

Well, for waitress try luck loh! If got new young ones then you are in luck, however last time all wear cheongsan with very high side slit.....:biggrin:

I thought Penang style now all with Giant Prawns.....:biggrin:
Oh is it? Prawns is one of them but their frying style is usually dry type but not
too dry, just dry enough that you don't find it oily. Which is why I like it and it
tastes better with Lap Cheongs.

Okay I guess we had enough with Chicken Rice Recommendations.
Gonna lose appetite if we see chicken rice next.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUN at Petaling Street a.k.a. China Town Malaysia.

FUN in Petaling Street, not exactly really having fun at China Town.
What I meant about FUN is CHEE CHEONG FUN.

Let's give the photos a chance to do the talking eh?

This is how the stall looks like. From what I remember, this stall was here
for the past 30 years+ and it was past down from generations. This should
be the 2nd generations taking over, the owner are not that young but their
daughters are always there to help out as early as 6.30 - 7.00am.

So, some may ask what's so special about the Chee Cheong Fun at Petaling Street?
Isn't it something common where we can get it anywhere?

Nope, you can only get this in Petaling Street. Let's take a look at how it is prepared.

Just some tradisional Chee Cheong Fun with no other side dishes covered
with their own signature homemade sweet sauce and chilli if you want them.
You can choose either spicy or non-spicy.

Last but not least some sesames on them.

Prefer the spicy one though since is not that spicy.

Is always good business, everyone would go and have their breakfast early in the morning.
Around 6.30am - 7am people are already there. During the evening, it will be some
Hokkien Mee selling instead. Haven't had the chance to try yet. Cuz usually I would go
there for breakfast only. Since I had to travel quite early in the morning.

If not wrong, Small - RM3.00 and Big RM4.00, I think for guys, may need to have 1 Big and 1 Small
to get some filling in the stomach. We are big eaters :rofl:

Is located right in the middle of Petaling Street, is not hard to find. Next to it also
is a shop selling porridge, nothing special but worth a try.
But right now, just be really sure you don't go to the wrong shop. The real chee cheong fun stall is the one at the corner, the one next to it is actually the one who was suppose to sell porridge ONLY.

I'm not sure what had happened between these 2 stalls but the porridge stall started copying and selling the same chee cheong fun as the real stall. So now, the Real Chee Cheong Fun (Corner Stall) also started selling porridge.

The porridge stall even have seats and tables right opposite the Real Chee Cheong Fun stall. I was shock when I was seated there and the Porridge lady came to serve us instead. So, to be safe, get a seat right in the stall or ask the boss where to sit.

Then I know, I have gone to the wrong shop. Me & my gf tried her replica Chee Cheong Fun, I have to be honest with you guys, I almost vomited... :banghead:
Yooi Kee Chee Cheong Fun/ Kim Lian Kee
49-51Jalan Petaling,
Off Jalan Hang Lekir,
Kuala Lumpur.
(corner shop opposite Hong Leong Bank)
Opening Hours: Daily, 07:00 – 16:00 (chee cheong fun), 17:00 – 05:00 (Hokkien fried noodles). Closed on Wednesdays.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Chee Cheong Fun can get in USJ also, pretty good. But the Yong Tau Foo in USJ 1 is really good.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Chee Cheong Fun can get in USJ also, pretty good. But the Yong Tau Foo in USJ 1 is really good.....
Yong Tau Fu in Puchong is very good, You pick your dish, then only they cook on the spot. So, when it comes, is fresh and hot. Not bad.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all and calling all turbo sifus alike for their advice,

on my previous car (a proton) i transplanted an evo 3 engine and modded it slightly more than 300hp, it was quite good and i was pleased with the per4mance. now at the moment (on another car, again still a proton) running on a 1.8 GSR turbo but suddenly feel like putting a 2.0 litre 4G63 powerplant back in again. i'm familiar with the evo engines la but i've heard some VERY VERY good reviews on the VR4 RS also. i've tested a few...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience