Food Talk...Eat, Eat & Eat.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
WHAT TO EAT!? WHERE TO EAT!? HOW TO EAT!? :hmmmm: :idea:

As requested by many food hunters in ZTH to start a proper thread where we all can share
all about FOOD only, about girls leave aside.

That will be another thread on which type of girl is nice to eat...
Sorry, I mean which type of girls are a better companion or usually attracts us.
Kidding, no such thread gonna be started by me :rofl:

Anyway, let's get started by me sharing on what food is nice in Malaysia & Singapore ONLY.

Let's us all just narrow down our topic of Food within Malaysia and not all the way talking about
food in Africa, Kenya, Israel and etcs. Just don't get ourselves wander too far away as not
many are gonna head all the way to Africa to hunt what is best or London. Those info can be
found by using googles.

Areas where within Malaysians & Singaporeans reach.

So, FOOD, what's nice? The one that is always famous is the Ipoh Tau Geh Chicken Rice.

There are 2 shops.

1 Is Lo Wong Chicken Rice and the other is Onn Kee Chicken Rice.

Both are selling the same thing but after some time, I find Onn Kee Chicken Rice is better.

I'll just elaborate more on Onn Kee Chicken Rice since it taste better with Air Cond room too.

Onn Kee Chicken Rice in Ipoh.

Is usually quite pack at any hour even till late midnight, but is much cooler during the night and midnight still some seats are available. Earlier than that, is usually packed be it weekdays but weekends are the one that you have to wait for awhile for seats, is usually quite fast to wait for seats. So just be patience. Good things don't come easy like they say :rofl:

If you are going in the afternoon, is quite hot, so usually the aircond room will be full.

There are 2 shops for Onn Kee, both are Corner Lot shops. The 1st image if not wrong is the one with air cond and non air cond room.

While the other shops right opposite the corner, is the one without air cond but both are Onn Kee Chicken Rice Shops.

So, enough about how the shop looks like, is just too easy to see for ourselves.

Let's see some food photos shall we?
(All photos are not taken by me, just share photos from the net)

Famous Bean Sprout

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rice? Nothing special just normal chicken rice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pork & Fish Ball
- Looks like any ordinary Pork and Fish Ball but it taste real good, especially the soup

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steamed Chicken by Onn Kee - Ipoh a
- Taste of the chicken are real smooth and soft. Just so good that you can finish the whole chicken.

Chicken Legs
- It taste quite good for those chicken leg lovers, even if you are not, worth a try.

Char Siew as in Roasted Pork
- Photo tells it all on how is gonna taste like :top:

Onn Kee Ipoh Hor Fun
- This one is a must try even if you are a RICE person. So am I, but once tried, I just can't stop
eating and regretted ordering rice at that time. Cuz I could have had 2 bowls of Hor Fun instead.

Take the soup ones, the Hor Fun is real smooth and real nice feeling in the mouth. The soup just
goes well with the smooth Hor Fun.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drinks I dont need to elaborate much, they only have 2 types of drinks, and they will go around
the table, you just pick either one. Makes it easier for them I guess.

1 is Kamquat and 1 is just Herbal Drink.

ONN KEE TAUGE AYAM (non-Halal)
51, Jalan Yau Tet Shin,
30000 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.
Opens for lunch and dinner (about 10-11am onwards, until about 1-2am)

That's all for me for now, everyone please feel free to share and the above are NON-HALAL.

Thanks! Seeing is not enough, try it.

It makes me hungry posting this during lunch time :rofl:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated FOOD TO EAT list:
(Just to ease everyone from going through so many pages just to know the list of food to eat in future.)

Only able to post on updated list if location and name of the restaurant is provided. Hope everyone
understands. Thanks for sharing!

ONN KEE TAUGE AYAM (non-Halal) (Page 1)
51, Jalan Yau Tet Shin, 30000 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.
Opens for lunch and dinner
(about 10-11am onwards, until about 1-2am)

RESTORAN FOOK SENG (Page 1)
17 Jalan Mahsuri, Taman Aman, 35800 Slim River, Perak Malaysia
Tel No : 605-4528698

AUN KHENG LIM SALT BAKED CHICKEN (Page 9)
24, Jalan Theatre, 30300 Ipoh, Perak.

FUNNY MOUNTAIN TOUFU FAH (Page 2)
49, Jalan Theatre, 30300 Ipoh, Perak.

KEE KEE BENTONG CHICKEN RICE @ Yat Yeh Hing Restaurant (Page 2)
33, Jalan SS4D/2, People’s Park, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel No : +6016-251 8787, +6012-629 4807, +6017-249 0086
Opens from 11am – 3pm (or until everything’s finished) daily.
Closed on one Tuesday per month.
GPS Coordinates : 3.11296,101.599108

YOOI KEE CHEE CHEONG FUN/KIM LIAN KEE (Page 2)
49-51Jalan Petaling, Off Jalan Hang Lekir, Kuala Lumpur.
(corner shop opposite Hong Leong Bank)
Opening Hours: Daily, 07:00 – 16:00 (chee cheong fun),
17:00 – 05:00 (Hokkien fried noodles). Closed on Wednesdays.

RESTORAN WAN JIA (Non-Halal) (Page 24)
2 & 4, Jalan Wangsa 3/6, Taman Wangsa Permai, 52200 Kepong, Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03 6277 9802

Ah Khoon Lor Mee (Non-Halal) (Page 30)
Lorong Bagan Luar 4, Bagan Luar, 12000 Butterworth, Pulau Pinang

Last edited:

DanzEterna

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
damn..hungry now.....
used to go to onn kee the last time....at least will eat 5 bowls of kuey teow.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

where the best char kuey teow? PJ old town corner restaurant? or asia cafe in subang?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
damn..hungry now.....

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

where the best char kuey teow? PJ old town corner restaurant? or asia cafe in subang?
Wah bro, see u not that big size but can eat that much...:top:

Best Char Kuey Teow about 8 years back at SS16, near my college, it was the best Penang style
Char Kuey Teow to me...cuz is not that oily and is fried dry enough and the taste is just that good.

You wont feel like u r swallowing oil...but then too bad he move back to Muar I think.

Penang style is the best one.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ongkee is overrated imho. Any good makan place once they go big usually loses their taste.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Still acceptable at the moment, the Hor Fun still taste as good, while for the chickens have to see their mood haha

john_unai

Known Member

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
damn dat char siew photo make my saliva dripping. anyway,how about bak kut teh? any place suggestion?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Haha! Imagine I'm typing it when creating the thread during lunch time, feels like going there right away to have them.

Bak Kut Teh, there was once a Klang style Bak Kut Teh in Manjalara, Kepong. Was real good but don't know why it closes down. I always like eating there. Is like save the petrol to go all the way to Klang.

There is one more in Kepong, ever heard of Lamb Kut Teh before? Is Lamb meat and it taste real good. Taste real good.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ongkee is overrated imho. Any good makan place once they go big usually loses their taste.
heh! heh! some how Ipoh chicken rice in Ipoh is overrated for me....:rolleyes:

Main thing I like from Ipoh is the tau sah peah with meat floss in them. But heard they are very expensive now. The other is the Salt bake chicken and of course the Soya bean drink, got to line up and buy and even got drive thru'

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

bak kut teh heng kee (if not mistaken) in PJ old town also....used to be famous.
vr2turbo should know.
If you are referring to the house one, I don't like that one. The soup is too light. Meng Kee is better, opposite Public Bank.

Some how I prefer Bak kut Teh in USJ. A lot of turning, have to check google map....

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Haha! Imagine I'm typing it when creating the thread during lunch time, feels like going there right away to have them.

Bak Kut Teh, there was once a Klang style Bak Kut Teh in Manjalara, Kepong. Was real good but don't know why it closes down. I always like eating there. Is like save the petrol to go all the way to Klang.

There is one more in Kepong, ever heard of Lamb Kut Teh before? Is Lamb meat and it taste real good. Taste real good.
Like Mungo Jerry got Chick kut teh...and nowadays got Sea food teh also....:hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

damn..hungry now.....

Which corner restaurant? The one opposite the wet market?

Talk about food is just right up my alley. Come to Old town and I can show you Good Loh Mee, Wan Tan Mee, Good Sui Kow, Pork Mee with fish paste, kuey teow soup (pork style) and another chicken style.
Hokkien mee in Section 14 and got one stall them the cheapest and best fried chicken.
Then fish head noodle in USJ, same place got very good tom yam seafood and sea food noodle also.
The best yong tau foo is in USJ 1.
Best Char Siew in Sri Muda, I boycott the one in Glenmarie for being too snobbish.
Ikan Bakar in Sri Muda also
Best Siew Yoke in OUG turn to Kuchai area.
Best fresh water prawn in Tualang, off Batu Gajah in Ipoh
Claypot Pak Sook Kung in Slim River
Pig trotter in Sungkai
Fresh Water fish in Lenggong, on way to Grik

Let me think of the others and look for some pictures....:biggrin:

Last edited:

Neo_

Known Member

Neo_

Known Member
Sep 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Chicken rice in klang so far i think got two shops the best for me

1) Same row with brothers in bayu perdana.the corner shop , quite nice
2) Taman gembira junction-opposite ambank . the aunty open at 4.a.m , will be packed with drunk ppl .. hehe
dunno wheter taste good when we r sobber.

DanzEterna

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
vr..
ya ya..the house wan....not nice ah? last time quite nice la cos maybe i havent tried the klang or kepong ones before la.
the char kuew teow the corner restaurant near the hong kong cafe (dunno wats it called). previously was old town kopitiam but closed down. another place is the auntie but open at night only.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Chicken rice in klang so far i think got two shops the best for me

1) Same row with brothers in bayu perdana.the corner shop , quite nice
2) Taman gembira junction-opposite ambank . the aunty open at 4.a.m , will be packed with drunk ppl .. hehe
dunno wheter taste good when we r sobber.
Bro. Neo,
In Klang, eat chicken rice in V Garden restaurant. Yup, the restaurant at Hokkien association there. But have to book, because they cook only when there is order, but need to go in bigger group and they don't do single helping. Went there twice with colleagues, table of 10. Of course we order other makan also...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

vr..
ya ya..the house wan....not nice ah? last time quite nice la cos maybe i havent tried the klang or kepong ones before la.
the char kuew teow the corner restaurant near the hong kong cafe (dunno wats it called). previously was old town kopitiam but closed down. another place is the auntie but open at night only.
Next time we arrange, I take you to USJ for BKT.
Okay, the HongKong dim sum shop behind coffee shop. Have not tried the char keuw teow there, but at night there is one operated by a husband and wife team at the same shop. That one also good, sometimes have to queue. They operated at a coffee shop in the morning, opposite the old town wet market (same couple).
The coffee shop behind HongKong dim sum shop have good keuw teow soup noodle....

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Restoran Fook Seng in Slim River

Claypot Fish

River Prawns

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Oh! forgot about Pinos Pizza. This shop in front of Courts PJ, opposite Hilton PJ.
Best Pizza, very thin crust....

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

PJ - Jalan Penchala Hawker Center

Prawn Mee

Loh Mee

Finish - Real Empty :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Blardy hell.....Either they have fact to proof the cars they sell really belonged to all teachers.....or they are downright blardy liars.....

CANGGIH MOTOR ENTERPRISE SDN BHD - PRO Niaga Store on Mudah.my

I wonder what is next?? Car owners previously female virgins??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience