Flush radiator with coke (Paging MADMAN)

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
Got to let some amount of water out first
Yea, I let the water out, I was considering using back the same water but found out the water was a little bit brownish. I think it's from the coke although I tried to make sure all the coke is out of the system lol. Should have use white vinegar, NSK selling them for cheap. Overall, I learnt quite alot from just flushing the cooling system of the car.

This discovery alone considered a plus already. Sudah untung
I also found that my old thermostat is still working , I'll just keep that as a spare and use a new one.

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
Photos incoming

Attachments

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yea, I let the water out, I was considering using back the same water but found out the water was a little bit brownish. I think it's from the coke although I tried to make sure all the coke is out of the system lol. Should have use white vinegar, NSK selling them for cheap. Overall, I learnt quite alot from just flushing the cooling system of the car.

I also found that my old thermostat is still working , I'll just keep that as a spare and use a new one.
If your system is very dirty as you mentioned earlier, don't add coolant yet. Use a few days, flush again. Do another 3 to 4 times before finally adding coolant. This will happen you clear the system.....

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
If your system is very dirty as you mentioned earlier, don't add coolant yet. Use a few days, flush again. Do another 3 to 4 times before finally adding coolant. This will happen you clear the system.....
Crap, should have done that.
I did use the distilled water two days, flushed out some brown water, smelled like coke. I think based on my observation should be okay. Hmmm, if few days down the road I see some particles in the reserve tank then that means I didn't flush properly . But hopefully not lar.

Damn son, my hand got burnt by the hot coolant. I dumbass, I went and open the radiator cap after 10min drive. I thought it was not that hot after touching it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Crap, should have done that.
I did use the distilled water two days, flushed out some brown water, smelled like coke. I think based on my observation should be okay. Hmmm, if few days down the road I see some particles in the reserve tank then that means I didn't flush properly . But hopefully not lar.

Damn son, my hand got burnt by the hot coolant. I dumbass, I went and open the radiator cap after 10min drive. I thought it was not that hot after touching it.
Aiyoh! must be very careful. 10 minutes enough to bring engine up to operating temperature already. One way can test is touch the top hose, that is water return hose from engine. Second is press it. If hard and tight, means still under pressure. When cool down no more pressure it will be soft......lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
@Kevinho good job flushing. dumbass opening the thing when hot. All it takes is 2-3 minutes for the water to get boiling hot. Be careful mahhhh

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Aiyoh! must be very careful. 10 minutes enough to bring engine up to operating temperature already. One way can test is touch the top hose, that is water return hose from engine. Second is press it. If hard and tight, means still under pressure. When cool down no more pressure it will be soft......lol
Hmm ... sounds like a lot of experience grabbing/squeezing hot/warm pipe

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
LOL, the pebbles i sweep from the front porch to be mixed with detergent into the reserve tank.
I actually got some more pictures of cleaning the radiator hose rust but each posts only can fit 10 pictures, dont wanna spam this forum.

Kevin, what's with the pic of the pebbles. Dont tell me those came out from the engine

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
@Kevinho good job flushing. dumbass opening the thing when hot. All it takes is 2-3 minutes for the water to get boiling hot. Be careful mahhhh
thanks for the tips guys ! gonna use it in the future lol

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
actually there is trick to open up radiator car even when hot... hahahahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone out there,,

IS it 4g93p block same with GSR 4g93 Turbo block

im lost ma custom form laa for the turbo block,,
so is it ok if i use 4g93p (n/a turbo block) but use all the turbo piston,, olny block n/a turbo..

is it ok
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience