First Drifting Car? What do you suggest?

First Drifting Car? What do you suggest

• Nissan Cefiro A31

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nissan 180sx

• Nissan S13

• Toyota KE 70

• Toyota AE 86

• Toyota TE 7*

• Others

• Total voters

space_cowboy

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2003
a..aa..aapolloo
Visit site
Hie Guys.

Car Make & Model : Nissan Cefiro A31
Car Year : 1992

Your Comment on your first drift car : It's simply marvellous. Was really amazed by how this huge Dinasour can perform in taking turns and corners, manuvering left n right with just a 2000cc turbo charged engine. And with speed too. Furthermore, can drive comfortably to work, meeting up clients, chill outs, 'tecker' gals.. Its the ultimate 'EXECUTIVE' Drift car. Lastly, the parts and modifications are cheap too. Hmm.. wonder who said A31 cannot drift..

Your suggestions to newbie : Get a car ur comfortable with, either budget or driving. Dont be to hard on yourself by showing to others what you cant afford. Go slow, time will come. Take it easy on the car and your wallet.

Your Ultimate next/dream drift car : A four door car with 100% Drift set up, hidden of course. And of course a Nissan.

cheers'

Last edited:

O'skool

Feb 14, 2006
Hi! Guys,

I'm a newbie in dirfting. Need advise from someone setting up an old 1982 Toyota Corona.
Recommendation and critics are welcome.
Can't afford any other cars so have to settle for this!

Thanks in advance.

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
o'skool...

rear axle can use AE86 or if you're planning to turbocharged it, use A174 lancer LSD.

i believe the best engine for this car is the 20V BT mated with AE86 gearbox.

some people put in 1JZ but that hurts the car balanced and will understeer madly.

if u asked me, i'd suggest CA18det or SR20DET... easy power. hehehe...

but.. like i said, 20V BT... coz i've seen one in your kinda car b4. it's darn powderful!

O'skool

Feb 14, 2006
Thanks a million Topui 11,

I thought the body for the corona is a bit heavy for 20V BT (1.6 if I'm not mistaken).

I also heard that there is one with 1JZ in drift competition before?

Where do you guys hang out? I'm in Subang area.

Thanks again.

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
o'skool

there will be an old skool drifters gathering soon. i suggest u come along and hang out. anyway, our usual hang out is at Dharoos, Uptown on Fridays, around 10pm to late. hehehe..

PM me if u wanna come out and TT.

i believe your car is the TT132, rite? i got a friend running 20V ST before on that car, and it's quite ok actually. now he got SR20det in there. there's also another guy from selayang with SR20det in his TT132. a friend on mine from seremban running 1G-GTE in his TT132. There's also one otai from setapak with RB20det in his TT132. hehehe

the one u mentioned should be Ah BOY from USJ, dark brown TT132 with 1JZGTE. damn scary oooo.

consider this, old chassis, powerful engine... can tahan or not? hehehe

trueno

1,500 RPM
Nov 30, 2003
Skudai,JB
Visit site
hi all sifus...i luv for a31..i plan to buy one....of coz lah,show off plus newbie learn for drifting...i am really newbie and never drift before....but...no one support me to buy this...frenz,family(exept gf lah)....they say i'm crazy,a31 fuel consumption very chia lat,spare parts hard to get,clutch need Rm3k...walao...how har....gimme some advise leh.....i really luv a31..since c many ppl here use for drift and very chio car......i currently drive CLK660....so..opinion plz.....

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
trueno : If u can afford a CLK660 for sure money is not a problem for u, so what is a a31 ? Nuthing much isnt it ? ;-)

space_cowboy

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2003
a..aa..aapolloo
Visit site
What i can say is that all of a sudden, tom, dick and harry wanna buy drift car.

As for me, a person driving such a car has no problem sorting out what car to buy for drifting...

cheers'

mr. pete

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
Hi!, I would get an A31, since it's a saloon; can use it as my daily drive too. That's my next project car, but I hear that later models are prone to roof rust. Is this true?

Last edited:

kei-office

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2005
subang/penang
mr. pete said:
Hi!, I would get an A31, since it's a saloon; can use it as my daily drive too. That's my next project car, but I hear that later models are prone to roof rust. Is this true?
well tats is true ..... but depends hows the owner take care of the car also ! for nissan A31 always get rusty everywhere ..... which is almost every A31 owner is facing the same prob so must take care very well ! i found out also at japan also the same prob they facing . so u firgue loh ........ if take care maybe take 2-3 years if not 1 years also the same prob come back also !

wppong

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Car Make & Model :Toyota KE70
Car Year : 1980

Your Comment on your first drift car : It's simply marvellous. Easy to maintain and cheap as well. But still got alot of things need to done up before starting to drift.Heheheh...coz i"m a newbie so everything learns from scrap.

Your suggestions to newbie : Get a budget car for learning then only carry on to next the next step.

Your Ultimate next/dream drift car : A Hachi...Hachi...Hachi...ROKUUUU.

space_cowboy

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2003
a..aa..aapolloo
Visit site
kei-office said:
well tats is true ..... but depends hows the owner take care of the car also ! for nissan A31 always get rusty everywhere ..... which is almost every A31 owner is facing the same prob so must take care very well ! i found out also at japan also the same prob they facing . so u firgue loh ........ if take care maybe take 2-3 years if not 1 years also the same prob come back also !
Good day.

Firstly, please consider how old is the car. And yes, this depends on how the owner take care of the car. Ppl cant just simply say A31 always get rust here n there. Mine DONT'. The weather plays a lot in this situation. A31 are manufactured from end 1989' until early 1995, what do you expect from this. The technologies and sealent used at that time isnt as good as nowadays.

There are a few ways of solving this problem. Quite a work, but it definately works.

cheers'

kei-office

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2005
subang/penang
space_cowboy : yeah i agree too ..... i think most of the old car owner were facing the same prob !

cheers

mr. pete

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
kei-office and space_cowboy, thanks for your feedback on the A31. . . much appreciated! Cheers!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If it is not too much, we would again like to thank everyone for being a part of the success of Zerotohundred.com’s TIMETOATTACK Round 2 as it was definitely one of the best that we had ever organized so far! And just like the last round, we'll now bring you some of the treats for those who could not make it to last Sunday’s event, in the form of automotive eye-candies, starting off with the JDMs...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience