Ferrari Auction Raised Over 1.8 Million Euro For Emilia-Romagna Earthquake Victims

Jay

Known Member
Mar 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Emilia-Romagna, located in the northern region of Italia where Bologna resides; home to the likes of Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, De Tomaso and Ducati, an area that fills machinery to the brim with racing heritage that stirs the soul as well as wonderful food products for those who appreciate Italian cuisine.

<!--more-->But nay, it’s not about the machinery nor food, instead it looks to the lives that were taken as well as the many homes and centuries old history that were razed due to a 6.0 magnitude earthquake that befell the region on 20th May and again on 29th of May 2012 – more quakes and aftershocks are expected in the region over the years to come.

The number made homeless by the quakes and aftershocks grew from the initial 3,000 to 6000 and has finally exploded to over 14,000 as the tremors reached as far as Venice and the Austrian border – including both Milan and Bologna reported having felt tremors, disrupting the production of balsamic vinegar and parmesan cheese for which the region is so famous for.

Due to the scale of the current situation, Ferrari then came up with an idea to organize an online auction on their website www.ferrari.com for a a few of their products including a certain Ferrari 599XX, which now belongs to an American client after winning the bid at over 1.4 million euro. the car now gets a special commemorative plaque signed by Chairman Luca di Montezemolo himself and the two Scuderia drivers. In addition, the car will also be personally delivered to its new owner by Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa at the next Italian Grand Prix at Monza.

Another item in the auction list was a 2009 F60 nose-cone, which happens to be headed for America as well, though it was purchased by a Malaysian client who won it with a bid of 23,000 euro.

Even the engine from the F2008 F1 car, which helped win the Constructors’ World title in 2008, found its way into the list and will be headed for Great Britain having made 80,000 euro (almost twice its reserve price).

There was also an enthusiastic response to the rest of the auction with multiple bids made on all of the lots going under the hammer, including Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa’s helmets and Giancarlo Fisichella’s racing suit.

“A pole position result: I knew I could count on the big-heartedness of the Ferraristi but they’ve still managed to surprise me once again,” declared Ferrari Chairman, Luca di Montezemolo. “I would like to thank all the clients, collectors and enthusiasts that did their bit. Their bids have sent out a message of warmth and solidarity to the people in our region affected by this tragedy.”

The sum raised by the auction includes spontaneous donations sent to Maranello by fans and enthusiasts the world over, including a Russian client who generously gave €100,000, and the proceeds from the sales of the Scuderia Ferrari watches.

All of which added to a hefty sum totalling over 1.8 million euro and thankfully this will be headed for the quake victims in its entirety.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/E6a4HlYsLds?rel=0" frameborder="0" height="338" width="600"></iframe>

Attachments

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Re: Ferrari Auction Raised Over 1.8 Million Euro For Emilia-Romagna Earthquake Victim

Just came back from visiting Bologna and the Ferrari Museum at Maranello.

Nice place, and there were no signs of the recent earthquake from what I can see.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Let say in 1 month time car is in top condition
I have 8k in hand
What modifications should i do
I am running on Stock EVO III except for the Air Filter KNN
What i have in my mind is to boost 1.2bar - 1.4bar
What should i do .. Suggestions please
Absorbers are not done also.
What i have in mind is

- 1.5way LSD gearbox
- Triniti Clutches + Exedy Cover
- SMT6 or - Microtech Ltx8s
- Electronic Boost Controller
- Bosch Fuel Pump
- Greddy Type-R BOV
- SS Intercooler pipings + Samco's
- Titan +...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience