FC high because of FICD?

nuvi205

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
Somewhere
Hello guys, hope you guys can help with my problem of high FC.

My car is Proton Wira 1.6 manual year 1993 with SMT8T piggyback, full tank usually can go till around 550 KM. Recently my throttle body start having problem of lowered RPM when the aircond kick in. After installing FICD I notice my FC increase quite a lot, now full tank only manage to go around 400 - 450 KM. I tried taking out the power supply to FICD and surprisingly the FC goes back to around 550 KM.

Is the high FC really because of the FICD? Or is it because of the piggyback? If retune the piggyback can it solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

nuvi205

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
Somewhere
Nobody have any idea? :confused:
Did I post at the wrong place?
Can the mods please help me moved to the right place?

nuvi205

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
Somewhere
Fast Idle Control Device. Used for controlling the idling RPM when aircond is ON. But somehow using this makes my FC become much worse.

I install as such:

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
As i understand FICD increase idle speed by leak the vacuum ~

Vacuum leak = High FC

So i recommend u to get your throttle body fixed properly as your Idle control valve is faulty.....get it fixed properly,this will save you alot of bucks on fuel on a long term run ~

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
I'm not sure about urs...but...for my h22a....i eliminated my FITV ( fast idle control valve, i think is something similar), the mileage from 180km increase to 250km for half tank of fuel.

Will test it again to confirm.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just wanted to know that there any aftermarket performance part or mods can load lsd into proton fwd gearbox? Sound new to me.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience