facing a problem no car enthusiast should ever face

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I said I like dismantling things. :biggrin:

Anyway Swift interior has very little bolts and nuts, all using clips and very very easy to remove.
hahhahahah....you ah!:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

I
pandan leaves and cockroach trap it is then.
Use the Ridsect Roach traps, but if you want to use spray, use Baygon cockroach control. This spray is effective. My warehouse with movement sensor always get triggered by flying cockroaches. So every evening my personnel will spray the area where the sensor is before locking up, and no more false alarm.....hhahahhahha:biggrin:

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Oh shit. What I meant was don't expect them to be gone so quickly.
Don't know what was I thinking haha.
hahaha i have the patience. i think...

Kill the source. You likely have a nest in the car. Find some time, some brave friends and strip the car interior bare and find where the nest is, get rid of it and you're done.

strip strip strip strip interior!

Mari mari mari. I like dismantling things.

oh god oh man how sure are you about the nest? and i dont even know how to dismantle my interior :bawling:

Forget those environment friendly pandan leaf or those lemon grass. Roaches are damn hardy (can tolerate heat, drought, and can tahan long starvation). They didnt survived millions of years for no reason....

I think those suggested leafy green are too mild to control the roaches.
Instead, use mothballs, or Ridsect....eventhough the smell is almost intolerable at times

Sorry to say, if you have babies roaches in the car, this is an indication your car has becoming a habitat already.

BTW, where is your normally park your car?
ive sprayed my car months ago. they disappeared. now i found a big one dead at the back seat floor. maybe i'll try the dismantling, spraying, then the pandan leaves kot see what happens.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Use the Ridsect Roach traps, but if you want to use spray, use Baygon cockroach control. This spray is effective. My warehouse with movement sensor always get triggered by flying cockroaches. So every evening my personnel will spray the area where the sensor is before locking up, and no more false alarm.....hhahahhahha:biggrin:
I shall try that brand thank you! wah flying cockroaches some more.. if got that type in my car for sure i'll burn it to the ground

U might want to seal the outside air vent flap shut.
Thats the best option as nothing can get into the cabin.

i would:
-seal the vent
-strip the interior
-spray aerosol which does not smell like it can kill u
-leave overnight
-vacuum the fallout
-vacuum the seat outside the car
-reinstall the interior

u get a car free from roach and a cleaned interior in one go.
I'll follow what you say but what is an outside air vent flap?

To TS, if you can get free pandan leaves, give it a try. Put them into the cabin and boot, and expose the car under bright sun light. The heat will cook the leaves to release a chemical that cockroaches hate. The problem is after that your car will smell like pandan leaves.

Or send to those fogging services lor
i'll do the dismantling - spraying - then the leaves. i googled the fogging services all i got was the nano something fogging. where to find fogging specifically for roaches?

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
no need fogging, just buy me 1 can of aerosol I spray for u...less than rm10 je....:proud:
haiya this one i can do myself la hahaha. i read somewhere they say dont spray in the aircond vents because then if the roaches die in there your aircond will smell like dead roaches for a very long time. setting fire to the car seems so much more interesting now hmm

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I said I like dismantling things. :biggrin:

Anyway Swift interior has very little bolts and nuts, all using clips and very very easy to remove.
Will bring kancil over...this reminds me to clear all my work files in the boot...
I thought....I thought I saw a little cockroach just ran pass when I open the rear boot to get my stuffs...I did..I know I did....

Time to check if there is a nest there...so far no roaches in the interior...was hoping I didnt see any and it will run out once it cant find food...

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Will bring kancil over...this reminds me to clear all my work files in the boot...
I thought....I thought I saw a little cockroach just ran pass when I open the rear boot to get my stuffs...I did..I know I did....

Time to check if there is a nest there...so far no roaches in the interior...was hoping I didnt see any and it will run out once it cant find food...
It wasnt your imagination, supra... i know you want it to just be a dream, as do i, but its real. ITS REAL. and when it cant find food.. it will come for YOOOUUU

:biggrin: lets get our heads together and clean our cars, people

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
It wasnt your imagination, supra... i know you want it to just be a dream, as do i, but its real. ITS REAL. and when it cant find food.. it will come for YOOOUUU

:biggrin: lets get our heads together and clean our cars, people
I park opposite the house :rofl: I think I know why got some roaches, sometimes if my placed parked by other cars i have to park where some ppl dumb their dry leaves garbage there...hmmm....

Or I shouldnt park near the dustbin outside the house...park opposite under the tree still safer then.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
haiya this one i can do myself la hahaha. i read somewhere they say dont spray in the aircond vents because then if the roaches die in there your aircond will smell like dead roaches for a very long time. setting fire to the car seems so much more interesting now hmm
I had a dead rat in my mom's corolla way back then. That was really bad smelling. And the problem for me with fogging the car like that is I have kids. Don't think I'd be interested in making everything inside the car toxic!

Come come I dismantle for you. Start with the seats. I'll leave your dash board alone, but once everything else is out it's easy to look under the dash. Very very easy je.

Mari. Strip Kancil lightening! STRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP :biggrin::proud:

Swifterific

Known Member
Jan 21, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I park opposite the house :rofl: I think I know why got some roaches, sometimes if my placed parked by other cars i have to park where some ppl dumb their dry leaves garbage there...hmmm....

Or I shouldnt park near the dustbin outside the house...park opposite under the tree still safer then.
i think the reason for mine was i parked on a very unkempt lawn once. before that there wasnt any. sighh.

park under tree then you'll have ants in your car! at least roaches dont bite.....do they?

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

I had a dead rat in my mom's corolla way back then. That was really bad smelling. And the problem for me with fogging the car like that is I have kids. Don't think I'd be interested in making everything inside the car toxic!

Come come I dismantle for you. Start with the seats. I'll leave your dash board alone, but once everything else is out it's easy to look under the dash. Very very easy je.

but what if the nest is inside the vents......:bawling: i had those small roaches come out of the vent once. scared the crap out of me thank god there wasnt a pothole on the road

waahh really ah where to come? send gps location i bring the spray and the trap and the pandan and lemongrass leaves with me

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

LOL! IF strip, gonna buy lots of Black PD to PD the dashboard...make it as good as new then buy some bitumen and DIT sound insulation :biggrin:

Need to crash your place whole day wor like that...:rofl:
Ask wifey jaga kids 1st haha!

i think the reason for mine was i parked on a very unkempt lawn once. before that there wasnt any. sighh.

park under tree then you'll have ants in your car! at least roaches dont bite.....do they?

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

but what if the nest is inside the vents......:bawling: i had those small roaches come out of the vent once. scared the crap out of me thank god there wasnt a pothole on the road

waahh really ah where to come? send gps location i bring the spray and the trap and the pandan and lemongrass leaves with me
They don't bite? Try to let one roaches into the room then u sleep...see if it bites haha! Remember not to wipe your mouth after eating :rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
dont kill the roaches...just halau them away....

if the roaches die in the car, your car will be haunted, and possessed by roach demons.....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Why would you want to put nitrous oxide injection in your car?

Because it's the easiest, most powerful and cheapest way to produce horsepower!
I get a lot of emails with questions about nitrous, "what's nitrous?", "how does it work?", "will it blow up my engine?", "how much does it cost?". The purpose of these pages is to answer questions like this, my goal is to have something here for everyone, from complete beginners to experienced nitrous heads.

Pls visit pro Nos Tuning...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience