EXN Products.

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
It's just an ordinary oil. Not great for hard driving and I was using their full syn.
Thinking want to use their CVT oil. read lot comment say it better than proton or mmc. EO i still stick with petronas. hot hard driving. hard use/long distance only on weekend.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thinking want to use their CVT oil. read lot comment say it better than proton or mmc. EO i still stick with petronas. hot hard driving. hard use/long distance only on weekend.
I've never used their CVT oil. I guess it depends on what the formulation is like. Stock CVT is mineral? Or fully syn? How do they judge whether it's better or not?

Too many questions if you want to discuss it. Best you try and judge it on your own terms and criteria and give feedback since you know your own car best.

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
I've never used their CVT oil. I guess it depends on what the formulation is like. Stock CVT is mineral? Or fully syn? How do they judge whether it's better or not?

Too many questions if you want to discuss it. Best you try and judge it on your own terms and criteria and give feedback since you know your own car best.
I write equal with MMC J1 spec. Yes! Will give it a try.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Hard to say if one fluid/oil is better than the other esp for ATF/CVT fluid as we will change them when its due. When its due, the fluid is already used and degraded. Earlier this year, i changed the cvt fluid on my bro Iriz using Proton fluid and the difference is night and day in tern of lock up, vibration, noise,etc...its like a new gearbox.I bet its the same difference will be felt should i used other brand with same spec.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hard to say if one fluid/oil is better than the other esp for ATF/CVT fluid as we will change them when its due. When its due, the fluid is already used and degraded. Earlier this year, i changed the cvt fluid on my bro Iriz using Proton fluid and the difference is night and day in tern of lock up, vibration, noise,etc...its like a new gearbox.I bet its the same difference will be felt should i used other brand with same spec.
Well - personally I will compare from new until the time it's changed out. So yes fresh oil will feel great but comparing new oil with new oil is what I meant, heat resistance, how well it holds up against hard driving, how long it lasts if under a load. etc.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Well - personally I will compare from new until the time it's changed out. So yes fresh oil will feel great but comparing new oil with new oil is what I meant, heat resistance, how well it holds up against hard driving, how long it lasts if under a load. etc.
Wah...u can remember how the gb feel during the last fluid change? U have strong memory.

My personal experience;
1.No difference using new fluid on my Waja auto.
2.No difference using new fluid on my BLM auto.
3.No difference using new fluid on my mom previous wira 1.5 auto.
4.No difference using new fluid on a Merc W124.
5.Significant difference using new fluid on Exora CVT, Suprima CVT, and Iriz CVT.
6.Slight difference using new fluid on Pajero manual and kancil manual.

Thus i conclude that for normal autobox, ori fluid is good enough. For CVT, if there are better alternative then go for it.
For manual, can do it on yearly basis or lower the change interval to 60-70k km.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here I am again giving out the top 10 lists of vehicles you should consider for purchases should you want to look for a coupe right under RM30,000. I hope my previous write ups has been informative and hope that this would give new direction and inspiration to everyone else.

No. 10 Proton Putra...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience