Exhaust Muffler.

tingtk23

Known Member
Sep 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
You know how they always say "With power, comes noise"? I was wondering what if you put dampening material at the muffler? Maybe not the one we usually use for ICE, but some kind of heat resistance dampening material? I was thinking about thermal wrap too, what if you can just put a layer of whatever and use thermal wrap to wrap it. It is just an idea...any opinions?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
inside the muffler theres already dampening material bro...otherwise itll be even louder

tingtk23

Known Member
Sep 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
True that. But with mufflers like straight flows, even with dampening material the sound is still too loud. Furthermore, the sound is because of the whole muffler vibrating so what if we DIY wrapping the muffler...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
True that. But with mufflers like straight flows, even with dampening material the sound is still too loud. Furthermore, the sound is because of the whole muffler vibrating so what if we DIY wrapping the muffler...
No point wrapping the exterior. The noise is coming from within. Want quiet revert back to normal muffler where the exhaust is channeled from chamber to chamber before it comes out, then sure will be quiet...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Wrapping the exhaust pipe is just to control the heat radiated from the exhaust pipes. Not to dampen the sound. Wrapping is mostly done to exhaust headers but now people use Ceramic coating to replace thermal wrap...

The thing that controls the sound from the muffler is the amount of glass wool use inside the muffler, mid box and type of glass wool. How the exhaust is routed inside the muffler.

Usually the sound of muffler at low RPM is not noisy just bassy because the velocity of the exhaust gas is slow when it exits the muffler.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
also can opt for this...or something similar...simple solution...2 in 1...closed when low pressure = silence... WOT high pressure valve opens = noisy...

or use the manual exhaust control valve via cable... like D7zul did...

Attachments

tingtk23

Known Member
Sep 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Want to reduce noise? Soundproof your car. :biggrin:
Soundproofing my car would be adding a lot of dead weight =(

also can opt for this...or something similar...simple solution...2 in 1...closed when low pressure = silence... WOT high pressure valve opens = noisy...

or use the manual exhaust control valve via cable... like D7zul did...
Cool, does it really help? Where to get this and how much does it cost?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi i'm not sure about whether this fact is really an actual fact or is just a plain myth.

and i'm not sure whether a not i'm suppose to post this up over here or this is a repeated thread a not. because i try searching it and i can't seem to find any thread regarding this issue.

ok so here goes, some of the people say's that when you have just purchase a new car, you shouldn't have drive above 80km/h(or less) before the first service for the car so that the owner can preserve the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience