EvoX coilover

yonez

Jun 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

Any recommendation on evoX coilover? Currently on kyb absorber and eibach prokit. I was looking at gab ss series. Any good?

Thanks.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Depends on how you define "Good"
Good - Comfortable yet performing well?
Good - Best Performance but sacrifice comfort

I tested an EvoX with M7 suspensions. It feel solid and planted and surprisingly comfortable as well. But the price tag, there are many cheaper options IMHO.

GabSS, I had it in my Lancer, tuned here and there, it is neither super comfortable (bouncy, the shock rebound rate not strong enough) not super stiff enough for Sepang. There are some rolls still. TiTan will be a better option compare to GAB SS. Cost and tunability wise.

Am personally running on Bilstein + Eibach (Stock for GSR Premium) i have 2 sets of the same. Very comfortable on daily drive, with upgraded Anti Roll bars, taking cornering quite well, but still on a soft side on hard driving. So far, best setup for this car. (PM me if you want to take over my 2nd set which is around 8,000km only from Japan)

Thinking to upgrade to something closer to Ohlin's setup. A taiwanese manufacturer "VPS" is having these and an EvoX installed it and he clocked impressive time in Sepang. Haven't sat in it yet. Price, this is good, tuning options, its claimed to be as comfort as stock and can be tuned to be aggressive in Track.

Hope these helps.

edyshazny

Sep 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the info John. Now I had other choices for upgrade other than Tien SS. What would you recommend if the wheel were 19" for comfortable and long distance drive (ie KL to Kongsi, Balik Pulau)? Hope this help Yonez in making choices too.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Hahah to Kongsi ah? Depends on you take Teluk Bahang, Jalan Baru or Bayan Lepas way... HAHHAA .. Joking..

19" .. hmm... Thinner profile tires will be a little bumpy.. you will need better shock and rebound control for that... May need custom tuned to get the right feel the owner needs.

In this case, if it's a questionable variable.. might be safer to go for custom tuned suspensions... TiTan would tune it until you like it.

I had good experience with TiTan on a Nissan Sunny. Am going to try VPS this round.

edyshazny

Sep 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hehe... normally Jalan Baru. Bayan Lepas now straight road already to Simpang Empat. Not much can feel compare to Jalan Baru right :)

My tyre setup is 255/35/19 and Gab SS doesnt really give me the feel i want especially if i went back to penang with more than 2 person in the car. Been trying many setup, but result is the same even i harden it, the roll is there (my view is up and down and side by side especially on bumpy road from putrajaya to puchong). Was thinking about other choices for upgrade. Tien SS way too expensive to think about.

Cool! Hopes to hear ur review on VPS. Any idea where I could get that Titan custom suspension?? Sunway izzit?

yonez

Jun 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Depends on how you define "Good"
Good - Comfortable yet performing well?
Good - Best Performance but sacrifice comfort

I tested an EvoX with M7 suspensions. It feel solid and planted and surprisingly comfortable as well. But the price tag, there are many cheaper options IMHO.

GabSS, I had it in my Lancer, tuned here and there, it is neither super comfortable (bouncy, the shock rebound rate not strong enough) not super stiff enough for Sepang. There are some rolls still. TiTan will be a better option compare to GAB SS. Cost and tunability wise.

Am personally running on Bilstein + Eibach (Stock for GSR Premium) i have 2 sets of the same. Very comfortable on daily drive, with upgraded Anti Roll bars, taking cornering quite well, but still on a soft side on hard driving. So far, best setup for this car. (PM me if you want to take over my 2nd set which is around 8,000km only from Japan)

Thinking to upgrade to something closer to Ohlin's setup. A taiwanese manufacturer "VPS" is having these and an EvoX installed it and he clocked impressive time in Sepang. Haven't sat in it yet. Price, this is good, tuning options, its claimed to be as comfort as stock and can be tuned to be aggressive in Track.

Hope these helps.
Thanks for the input. I'm looking for comfort and performing well. After all this is DD car.

How much are they - m7, gab ss, vps? I know ohlin is 5 figures :) . Can't afford that much.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Hehe... normally Jalan Baru. Bayan Lepas now straight road already to Simpang Empat. Not much can feel compare to Jalan Baru right :)

My tyre setup is 255/35/19 and Gab SS doesnt really give me the feel i want especially if i went back to penang with more than 2 person in the car. Been trying many setup, but result is the same even i harden it, the roll is there (my view is up and down and side by side especially on bumpy road from putrajaya to puchong). Was thinking about other choices for upgrade. Tien SS way too expensive to think about.

Cool! Hopes to hear ur review on VPS. Any idea where I could get that Titan custom suspension?? Sunway izzit?
Yeah, I really had problem setting up GAB SS too..

TiTan is in Ampang.. Pandan Mewah side...

Tien SS, one Halfcut one poped up recently.. < RM 5k.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Thanks for the input. I'm looking for comfort and performing well. After all this is DD car.

How much are they - m7, gab ss, vps? I know ohlin is 5 figures :) . Can't afford that much.
Yonez.. here is a rough figure.

M7 - RM 6-8k (depends on model)
Gab SS - RM 3K
Titan - RM 4k
VPS RM 4K
Ohlins is .. yes.. 15K
Bilstein Stock new - RM 8k
Bilstein Stock Used - RM 4K :D

yonez

Jun 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah, I really had problem setting up GAB SS too..

TiTan is in Ampang.. Pandan Mewah side...

Tien SS, one Halfcut one poped up recently.. < RM 5k.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Yonez.. here is a rough figure.

M7 - RM 6-8k (depends on model)
Gab SS - RM 3K
Titan - RM 4k
VPS RM 4K
Ohlins is .. yes.. 15K
Bilstein Stock new - RM 8k
Bilstein Stock Used - RM 4K :D
Wow. They are not cheap. Dang.

Thanks for the price.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We arrived again to a brand new Audi A6 Hybrid. Being driven for abit, the owner did not even wash the car and we were already called to come do up the car. For a un-washed car it looks quite sleek and clean from a distance. We have always received questions like "which car brand produces the best quality paint besides supercars?" We have to say Audi has...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience