Evo 8 Vs Evo 8 MR

BDK8671

Known Member
Nov 14, 2007
hi all sifu ,

just wanna know wat is the different between Evo 8 MR n Evo 8 ...

pls give some comment ....

TQ

spec-c

1,500 RPM
May 21, 2008
TTDi
Copied from wikipedia....

the MR, which came with a revised limited-slip front differential, aluminum MR shift knob, handbrake with carbon fiber handle, 17 inch BBS wheels, aluminum roof, and a 6-speed manual gearbox.

zenom

Known Member
Dec 17, 2006
MR stands for Mitsubishi Racing
and plus the explaination above?
well u should get the picture :)

BDK8671

Known Member
Nov 14, 2007
oic ...thanks for zenom & spec-c reply ...

cuz my bro going to buy Mit. Evo 8 MR .....juz wanna know wat the different bet. Evo 8 & Evo 8 MR ...hehe

Turbo is same ??
Gearbox ratio ???

cuz scared buy those EVO 7 convert to Evo 8 MR with higher price ....

any car chasisnumber different ??? ....

expenditious

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2004
UNDER THE SUN..
well...evo 8 MR have more goodies laaa..

blistein suspension compared to eibach sus..
i think a more responsive turbo.. cant remember..if not mistaken something with the fins..
aluminium roof..like evo 9..
nicer rims..and stock came with semi slick tires i think...

but pretty much alot difference laa..
thats why the 50k extra over normal evo8...

all the best...do join us at mloc group..

BDK8671

Known Member
Nov 14, 2007
well...evo 8 MR have more goodies laaa..

blistein suspension compared to eibach sus..
i think a more responsive turbo.. cant remember..if not mistaken something with the fins..
aluminium roof..like evo 9..
nicer rims..and stock came with semi slick tires i think...

but pretty much alot difference laa..
thats why the 50k extra over normal evo8...

all the best...do join us at mloc group..
hahah ...TQ ....
yaya ...surely will join ....

anything else can avoid to buy convert Evo 8 MR ???? ..

beside on the above said .....i n my bro going to see one stock MR ....but come with 18' rim BBS woh. ....i know tat stock using 17' BBS rim only .....

expenditious

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2004
UNDER THE SUN..
welll...the one think they cant change is the roof...

MR - 6-speed, Bilstein monotube shocks, split seven-spoke forged aluminum BBS wheels, aluminum roof, hood, and front fenders, gauge pack, HID headlights with integrated fog lights, vortex generator, and custom MR badging.

evo 8 comes with enkei rims and

normally evo 7 has 5 gear... 8 onwards 6 gear...

soo all the best la...

Evo.8.MR

Known Member
Aug 25, 2009
Johor Bahru
Evo 8 MR is a race built cars and engineered by Mitsubishi Racing.

I't has aluminum roof, aluminum doors, no sunroof, better cooling system for the gearbox, It's a twin scroll ceramic turbo...faster and lighter in boost response.

Very reliable car compared to the stock as the car has been engineered.

I would highly recommend people to buy and in any case anybody who is keen to buy i am letting mine go to upgrade to EVO X MR...

My Ride has a lot of goodies and it's only 6 months old in my hand.

It's a 04 car but registered in Malaysia 09 March.

Looking at RM 180,000

I have a lot of goodies in the car and it's running at 395BHP ( Got dyno chart to prove it).

Thanks & Regards
EVO.8.MR

Mistaken_Identity

2,000 RPM
Aug 11, 2005
Johore Bahru
welll...the one think they cant change is the roof...

MR - 6-speed, Bilstein monotube shocks, split seven-spoke forged aluminum BBS wheels, aluminum roof, hood, and front fenders, gauge pack, HID headlights with integrated fog lights, vortex generator, and custom MR badging.

evo 8 comes with enkei rims and

normally evo 7 has 5 gear... 8 onwards 6 gear...

soo all the best la...
Hail to the sifu..!!!:adore::adore:

The easiest way is to check the roof....:wavey::wavey:

Trinityblood

3,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2007
the hardest way in look into the pink slip..aka geran then..hahaha

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
Yes as most member says check the roof for differences between EVO8 and EVO8 MR. What is so different? Well the EVO8 MR has 2 thin bumps near the sides of the roof top (left and right side). These two lil bumps cannot be replicated unlike changing of rims, suspension, adding vortex generator.

The speedometer in EVO8 will say "Evolution" and the EVO8MR will say "Lancer"...

The headlights and taillights in EVO8MR will have smoked black instead of chrome reflector type in EVO8.

As mentioned, all those cosmetics can be changed, i know members who drive EVO8MR but having stock evo8 enkei rims, no vortex, stock evo8 lights, but the rooftop has the 2 thin bumps near the door pillar sides. It is very obvious between those two rooftops. The dealers will earn extra bucks by swapping those items for top up cash.

Price difference between both cars recond, i'd say EVO8'03yr around 150k, EVO8MR'04yr around 170k (i may be outdated tho..) If in doubt, take a picture of the rooftops and post in here, I'm sure many ppl can tell you whether if it's MR or not.

expenditious

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2004
UNDER THE SUN..
Yes as most member says check the roof for differences between EVO8 and EVO8 MR. What is so different? Well the EVO8 MR has 2 thin bumps near the sides of the roof top (left and right side). These two lil bumps cannot be replicated unlike changing of rims, suspension, adding vortex generator.
Yeah exactly...thats the only way to really tell...

basically evo8 MR is something like Evo 9 but with out the mivec engine..lol...

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
The MR cars also have standard front helical LSD fitted. Among others the Oil cooler is bigger, water pump is revised, BOV is different, pistons are different, oil rings are revised, balance shaft is lighter, 10.5T Nozzle (vs 9.8 E7/8) and has a single large wastegate hole instead of 2 small ones on the previous models, twin air control solenoid valve and many others less subtle changes...

Yes, get the MR :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have been struggling with water stains on my windscreen & adding on driving in low light & kaboom rain -

you know by leaving yr white cars not wash for a week plus u will get stripes - like zebra - because of our acid rains, industrial fall out & esp working & staying near factory with emission fumes - I am one of the victim

this was what i have been struggling with for a long...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience