Evo 8 Vs Evo 8 MR

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
All MR versions great stock cars if you do not intend to mod your car. However driving an evo, you will surely itchy butt one day and start to buy more stuff for your car. So IMO, if you think you will be going bigger horses, get a stock evo8 and play around until you feel bored of its power and decide to mod for more power.

If you think you wont be modding the car, just want an evo to drive around and experience what it is capable off, then the evo8mr is a better buy for long term investment.

Mistaken_Identity

2,000 RPM
Aug 11, 2005
Johore Bahru
hahaha..uh huh...if the price was not soo huge i would buy the MR also...
oh well...EVO 8 also niceee!!!!...

U bought your car not for drivin' pleasure...U bought your car to tackle CHICKS...!!! That's a lot of different bro...!!!:rofl::rofl:

expenditious

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2004
UNDER THE SUN..
U bought your car not for drivin' pleasure...U bought your car to tackle CHICKS...!!! That's a lot of different bro...!
Then mayb i bought the wrong car...coz im still single broo??
i know should have bought the 350Z HAHAH..

sarawak

Known Member
Oct 16, 2005
dear fren...just want to confirm...........is it true that:

1. EVO8MR will stated in the grant EVO8 MR???or just normal like mitsubishi ****....cause the seller say that his EVO8 is evo8 MR, but look at at the grant, didn't mention the MR.
2. At meter, is not written "Lancer"...but is written Evolution...........
3. Got sunroof...........

just to ask..you guts..........maybe the seller "tipu"......his evo only evo8, not MR..????
can i depent on above statement to say that the evo that i view is only Evo8, not MR??

thank you guy...really appreciated.

toozmok

500 RPM
Apr 3, 2009
yes that only e8....my grant write lancer mr..sunroff??that only for chick....hehehe...not for MR...the seller tipu u..

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
Normal Evo8 the meter label says Evolution and the Evo8MR says Lancer (original if not changed)

Evo8MR never comes with the sunroof option because their rooftop is different compared to normal Evo8. You can see two thin bumps on the sides of the roof in the Evo8MR to indicate it is original MR

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
evo8 mr is a great base to mod for bigger hp.better handling compare to e8 and is lighter.if u choose to mod buy mr or e9

sarawak

Known Member
Oct 16, 2005
yup.......tq for the info.........
but for the market price........how much for the e8-MR standart?
what about E8?
Is that good if the price is rm165K, but incluse the sportrim, e9 accessory, Tien adjustable, etc for the internal, defi meter, 6pcs..etc...worth it or not/??
thank you bro...........

ai5251

Jul 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
HI guys,

I was wondering the same thing , beside than the roof can we know it from the GERAn", coz my friend is gettin one but the bank ask him why so expensive when he explain to the officer regards its a MR not a evo8.. The bank ppl ask him how you know he had to pull a fast 1 ... lol poor guy.

can some1 help

Feb 9, 2010
Johor Bahru
Hi i would like to know where is the thin bump at the roof located at inside the car or outside then is it in the front or rear any photo to show cos i also scare buy fake Mr

Last edited:

kojai

Known Member
Jun 22, 2006
malacca/jb
Hi sifu, now im driving evo7, planing to change e8mr gearbox? Can i change the mr gearbox and gear lever only or require complete set including tranfer and exel?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there all ZTH users.
myself have a secound hand satria1.6 and sometimes having problem starting my car.

same say battery, some say starter.
can anyone tell me how to check my car got install an relay starter?
Cause if i buy new starter but cannot fix the problem then Rm100+ is burn..
thanks
muff KL
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience