ever popular JASMA product..please read..

compaq

1,000 RPM
Jul 14, 2004
petaling jaya
I am speaking this thru my experience and frustrations..

in recent months..the ever popular JASMA ( you knew where it came from) products has been flooding the motoring scene with very cheap buys and 'look-a-like' of the expensive original items... bought a few items before like oil cap, gear knob,nothing much to shout about,but the finishing is bad. so i thought its cheap,so ok. then i bought a fuel rail for rm130 only, compare to japan or u.s.a. made...not only the internal bore is dirty with metal bits but also it doesn't fit and need lots of modifications to the mounting points,washer and fuel hose. for those who buy those parts which is not meant for stressed,i guess its still ok. cheap..

i will not use such products anymore. i am not here to tarnish the brand but it is thru my experience

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I agree. Although I never used one, I would like to clarify that JASMA is an accreditation body for mufflers in Japan. Something like SIRIM. It is NOT a brand. True JASMA chops can only be found on mufflers and extractors. Maybe some exhaust parts.

Those china conman want to cheat but don't know how to cheat. They chop JASMA everywhere like on air filter, velocity stacks, oil catch tanks, itb trumpets and most dangerously, camshafts. Are you willing to take the risk to use these camshafts? No hard to use them, but at own risk la... Usually the modification & machine to fit will end up costing you something like original products.

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
I will be roflmao if I ever sees Jasma approved Jasma exhaust..
during my time (year or two ago) I'm into car, I always sees Jasma approved exhaust looks absolute legit.. Moreover if some Veilside or HKS exhaust with their factory stamp plate on the bottom exhaust box.. This alone can retain like 76.54% of resale value after the chrome condition..
And yea I always go for titanium afterburn rainbow finish (what u guys call this?)..

Then this Jasma thing branched out to different market..
that moment I know, the Jasma approved thing won't get anymore "exclusive".

now I only can admire these stuff by looking back my old collection of cool old product pictures
it's hard to get these stuff nowadays

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
the cosmetic stuff consider ok la...the shift knob and such...its not relatively expansive...considering how expansive original stuff is...even myself cant imagine spending on expansive ori branded shifter knob...

functional parts like cams, cam pulleys then it is a different story..."use at your own risk" clause may apply...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
JASMA logo only can be found on exhaust system!!!..

Mufflers & Extractors..

other things such as air filter, hose, camshaft, piston, con-rod, etc, etc.. CONFIRM IT'S NOT ORIGINAL..

WHY?

Because JASMA is not a performance part manufacturer.. they just approve exhaust system ONLY!!!!

JASMA means 'The Japan Automotive Muffler Association'

This is their website JASMA@“ú–{Ž©“®ŽÔƒ}ƒtƒ‰[‹¦‰ïbƒgƒbƒvƒy[ƒW

if u cant read in Japanese, search the link in google & click 'translate this page'

Thank you..

p/s : The letter 'M' in JASMA stands for Mufflers.. like the letter 'C' in KFC..
JASMA = Muffler Only
KFC = Chicken Only.. got it?
:biggrin:

Last edited:

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
i use it for boost meter.....hmmm pretty cheap and usable......i don't mind if it got stolen anyway.....welll if anybody want to steal it i mean....:biggrin:

compaq

1,000 RPM
Jul 14, 2004
petaling jaya
In Japan, JASMA stands for Japan Automotive Sports Muffler Association

In Malaysia, our Jasma stands for....I also donno what la....

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
JASMA got 20g turbo also :biggrin:
but like said before lah use at your own risk
i myself using some jasma products but not very high end stuff like camshaft or radiator hose lah where if that one spoil engine also can spoil
i myself am just using the external oil pressure gauge and bonnet damper and all i can say only for those 2 products so far so good

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Turbo? Hahahaha... Cannot la... don't scared one of the turbine fins give way and go into engine meh :biggrin:. I think for jasma stuff, best stick to cosmetic and external stuff only... Internal, don't play play... I think stock better...

Previously got one thread in zth. The guy complain he bought the JASMA camshaft but does not fit. Have to regrind here and there. Then have to modifiy some stuff at the shims or buckets again...

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Turbo? Hahahaha... Cannot la... don't scared one of the turbine fins give way and go into engine meh :biggrin:. I think for jasma stuff, best stick to cosmetic and external stuff only... Internal, don't play play... I think stock better...

Previously got one thread in zth. The guy complain he bought the JASMA camshaft but does not fit. Have to regrind here and there. Then have to modifiy some stuff at the shims or buckets again...
haha last time i saw jasma radiator hose tear under high temperature and you can guess where it went from there :banghead:
yeah as u said just the external non engine related stuff where if it fails at least no damage done just replace another one :biggrin:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
cant speak for other engines or any of other jasma products, but apparently many users from sagaiswaraclub have used jasma cams for 4g13/15 without any problems

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
haha last time i saw jasma radiator hose tear under high temperature and you can guess where it went from there :banghead:
yeah as u said just the external non engine related stuff where if it fails at least no damage done just replace another one :biggrin:
So teruk? Silicone hose actually no need ori one... Normal ones should be able to stand the pressure. Don't talk about silicone, even the older rubber radiator hoses also won't just hangkang under heat :biggrin:.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
how to make sure it is silicon...maybe it is just plastic or maybe some cheap knockoff using breast grade silicon instead of automotive grade...:thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Actually is price check. Recently I got offered for this at RM1800. Include installation n tuning. Is that ok price?

Also, how good is GAB? Whats your point of view?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience